HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 3:37 PM

I noticed some fine progress photos Sawtooth posted in his thread...and obviously did not post them here, they are also in the Highrise thread.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...4&postcount=32

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 4:02 PM

Got em!

It was really happening today. I also noticed as I walked down that the Gardner HQ under the Eastman garage had some rather legit renderings of the interior.

Level 2 looking south

Even the geese like to watch.

Looking south from level 5

From ground level, also facing south.

And the same photo I always take. Facing to the north.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 5:11 PM
All man. Half nuts.

nice!

those really show how close these two buildings will be.

mind if i re-post these in the construction thread?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 5:12 PM
All man. Half nuts.

or, i suppose you could, if you want:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...35#post5677635

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post
nice!

those really show how close these two buildings will be.

mind if i re-post these in the construction thread?

Feel free to repost anything!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 2:32 AM
Let It Rise!

It is going to look great...!

Maybe this will get the ball rolling on another project in your downtown area

I hope you guys are ready with your cameras... We need photos, photos, photos...

My Mini City-Population http://saint-anthony.myminicity.com

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctobsl View Post
I hope you guys are ready with your cameras... We need photos, photos, photos...
Always.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctobsl View Post
It is going to look great...!

Maybe this will get the ball rolling on another project in your downtown area

There are a few proposals for downtown that have been on hold, so hopefully this does spur more development along with JUMP and Whole Foods which are currently under construction too. We have some excellent photographers who better keep us updated as Zions progresses...right now it is just the hole we have all lived with for years, so as soon as steel starts to rise I am sure our photographers will continue to take care of us.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 1:20 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

The hole surroundings

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 2:01 AM

The Boise hole is a historic GEM of this city! Why would anybody want to tear it out? I am heading down tomorrow to chain myself to the rebar and prevent its senseless destruction.... I'm tired of big business being able to have their way in this city. Who are they to rip out a historical site in the interest of building a giant structure to stick their name on? Anybody with me?? Anybody???

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 3:33 AM
The Drifter

lol, a historical hole in the ground.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2012, 3:49 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by isangpogi View Post
The Boise hole is a historic GEM of this city! Why would anybody want to tear it out? I am heading down tomorrow to chain myself to the rebar and prevent its senseless destruction.... I'm tired of big business being able to have their way in this city. Who are they to rip out a historical site in the interest of building a giant structure to stick their name on? Anybody with me?? Anybody???
I'm gonna betchslap the dumb outta you.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2012, 6:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
I'm gonna betchslap the dumb outta you.
Maybe I should just change my handle to "NIMBY" and assume the role as permanent devils-advocate on this forum...

Bummer though, just when things are getting exciting here in my hometown I'm going to be moving to Seattle. I'll miss JUMP and Zion's Bank... I'll certainly remain active here and will depend on you all to keep me updated with news and pictures of our growing city!

Old Posted Apr 28, 2012, 5:50 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Hey gents. Is the rendering on the first page of the thread still the latest and greatest?

I scanned back a few pages and didn't see what I was looking for. The "de-construction" I keep seeing referenced. And the giant hole. Was this thing started at some point, and then stopped and the already-built foundation protected until a later date, and that's the rebar that's being exposed now? (If so, we have one of those in Denver too - a built foundation with no building that keeps popping up as a proposal every few years, but never gets out of the ground.)

Has the building permit for the vertical construction been issued? Just curious...

Old Posted Apr 28, 2012, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
Hey gents. Is the rendering on the first page of the thread still the latest and greatest?

I scanned back a few pages and didn't see what I was looking for. The "de-construction" I keep seeing referenced. And the giant hole. Was this thing started at some point, and then stopped and the already-built foundation protected until a later date, and that's the rebar that's being exposed now? (If so, we have one of those in Denver too - a built foundation with no building that keeps popping up as a proposal every few years, but never gets out of the ground.)

Has the building permit for the vertical construction been issued? Just curious...
That's actually exactly what happened, although I wouldn't say the old foundation had been "protected", but rather left out in the elements. As far as I know, they're using parts of it, and tearing out other parts that don't work with the new building. The first proposal to fill it came in 1994, and then all through the late '90s came negotiations on height (eventually at 25 floors) and then finally construction in the early-2000s. They even had a 340 ft. crane set up for awhile. It was during this time that the foundation was constructed, but the city eventually revoked building rights because the project had stalled. Then in around 2005, a proposal was in place, and even approved, I think, for a 34-floor building. This never got to the construction phase.

And yes, as far as I know, the permit has been issued, and vertical construction will begin soon. If anyone wants to correct me or add to what I've said, go ahead

Old Posted Apr 29, 2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:

yes that is the most current one i can find the one that the developer has next to the hole that plays in the tv screen inside the office i can't seem to find. it's literally the same thing but only has another company logo along with zion's bank close to the top of the building.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2012, 1:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
Demolition of the Boise Tower foundation will be underway soon! This appears to be the latest rendering... 18 floors? And the article quotes 15 floors?

http://www.idahopress.com/news/treas...=image&photo=1

Oi vey, the number of floors has turned into such a mystery for me... I don't know who to believe anymore, LOL.
Looks like there are 3 floors of parking. That explains the discrepancy.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isangpogi View Post
Maybe I should just change my handle to "NIMBY" and assume the role as permanent devils-advocate on this forum...
Lol. You might be more successful at the Idaho Statesman forums.

Quote:

I believe the permit has been issued...someone correct me if I am wrong.
Here is some additional history on the site which used to have a historic building and was a volleyball park or something like that before the hole was dug.
http://www.boisewiki.org/Downtown_Hole

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 5:07 PM
All man. Half nuts.

quick update:

i peeked at the site this morning, and the rebar is just about gone.

by the end of today, they might be about done with the deconstruction.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2012, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post

I believe the permit has been issued...someone correct me if I am wrong.

According to their facebook page, they submitted plans for their permits on April 18th. I seem to recall them saying they would have the permits sometime in May. The site cleanup now, I believe, is so they're ready to start building as soon as they get the permits.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West