HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
New Jersey - pork roll egg and cheese?

Not sure I've ever had one, despite six years of living in NJ.

NJ would be something more Italian, I would think.
Nah, pork roll aka taylor ham is a NJ staple (it's also just big regionally, it's a fave in Philly as well). I personally prefer no cheese on my pork roll.

Also, that food map you posted - the Philly cheesesteak has green bell pepper on it. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER. No. Just no. No bell pepper on a cheesesteak. Also, no mushrooms.

Steak, South Philly Italian roll, cheese (american & whiz are common, but I much prefer provolone), fried onions. That's the basic sandwich. You can put hot peppers on it, or turn it into a pizza steak, or go cheesesteak hoagie, or do a fancy version with, like, broccoli rabe on it, but that's it. Oh, and ketchup is acceptable if you're under 16

Old Posted Jun 7, 2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
They are getting used to the local product for after they slap a tariff on Bourbon.
Except this was scotch style, which is not bourbon, and has nothing to do with Trump’s stupid fucking trade war.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions