HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation

Old Posted Feb 24, 2009, 6:28 AM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SVTcobra View Post
Porteau Cove.... I know the name. Where is it again?
on the west side of the highway between Lions Bay and Squamish along the Sea to Sky.

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 12:27 AM
BANNED

Hey guys I've been scowering google maps all day and I think I found a money spot for camping. It's called Nahatlach Lake. Anyone been?

Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 12:45 AM
victory in near

one of my favorite places to camp is up Indian Arm underneath Granite Falls (or whatever falls is on the east side)

rent a kayak and paddle for a few hours and you end up in a pretty amazing spot that is really close to vancouver. the camp site is only boat/paddle accessible and you are camping right by a fresh and cool waterfall.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 1:04 AM

My favourite camp spot is Plumper Cove on Keats Island, mainly because it's marine access only so it's very quiet although there is an attendant on site. This spot is excellent for students because you do not need a vehicle at all to get there. Take the 250/257 to Horseshoe Bay (or drive there and park at the park-n-ride), take a ferry to Langdale, then either take the BC Ferries Stormaway III ($4) to Keats Landing and hike 30-40 minutes (it's a moderate 2km hike, a few steeper hills but nothing hardcore) or call a Water Taxi ($40, but a great option if you have a group or family) directly to the pier at Plumper Cove. There is good hiking available, you can relax along the shoreline (my favourite spot is atop a cliff) and you can catch a mini ferry to Gibson and enjoy that little town. Bonus... keep your beer cold in the ocean water.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation