HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckos_Rule View Post
My inside sources tell me that a big company just signed on to pre-lease 300k square foot in this building.

So seems like it's going to get going pretty quickly.
That’s exactly what we need to get this thing rolling! That’s good news!

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckos_Rule View Post
My inside sources tell me that a big company just signed on to pre-lease 300k square foot in this building.

So seems like it's going to get going pretty quickly.
Once again confirming why this is my go to source for all things CBD Austin! Hell yeah!

Thanks for the heads up.

What percentage of the building is 300k sqft, approx?

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbrickley View Post
once again confirming why this is my go to source for all things cbd austin! Hell yeah!

Thanks for the heads up.

What percentage of the building is 300k sqft, approx?
42.176%

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 6:22 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoony View Post
Some whispers going round the real estate circles on this one. As currently planned we'd see office only with height just over 400'. I've not seen renders but design sounds really nice.
If this is true, and the 70-degree setback angle would allow for a tall, slender 900' tower...wouldn't it also allow for a shorter, fatter 700k RSF office building?

This would be disappointing...another 400'-500' square squatter.

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
If this is true, and the 70-degree setback angle would allow for a tall, slender 900' tower...wouldn't it also allow for a shorter, fatter 700k RSF office building?

This would be disappointing...another 400'-500' square squatter.
Lets here this out, if it is another 400-500 footer that has attention to detail that the proper has I won't be mad at all.

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonh2479 View Post
Lets here this out, if it is another 400-500 footer that has attention to detail that the proper has I won't be mad at all.
Same here, I'd prefer our taller towers be set back from the river for a softer stepping-upwards effect into the core of downtown. I think of how the original WTC towers used to be right up against the Hudson, before the WFC was built - to me it looked a lot better with the towers tucked behind the WFC than right up against the river with nothing in front.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm skeptical the 70 degree angle setback rule will even allow anything taller than 500'.

Old Posted May 13, 2018, 10:26 PM

fwiw, I have it on pretty good authority that the Block 185 building will max out around 420'.

Old Posted May 13, 2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chundercracker View Post
fwiw, I have it on pretty good authority that the Block 185 building will max out around 420'.
Do you know if the 700K + sq ft of office got reduced?

EDIT: If it's only 420', the 700K + sq ft of office space must include the parking unless it was reduced. At least it won't be a rectangle with setbacks on two sides.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Last edited by The ATX; May 13, 2018 at 11:39 PM.

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Do you know if the 700K + sq ft of office got reduced?

EDIT: If it's only 420', the 700K + sq ft of office space must include the parking unless it was reduced. At least it won't be a rectangle with setbacks on two sides.
No word on that. The description was a tower similar in dimensions to Northshore on the northeast corner but "nicer". Perhaps the underground parking eats up some of that square footage without adding to the height?

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 3:05 PM

Not unexpected - I think the setback planes limit the height to about that. Hopefully it will be as nice or nicer than the proper

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chundercracker View Post
That's the exact height I heard as well. Design was to be pyramid-esque. This was when Gensler was architect though.. Believe a different one is involved now so who knows

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 6:55 PM
Meh

420 feet is what I've always heard for the Block 185 tower and it's even about what I've estimated the height to be for several of the design versions we've seen for that lot. That height has been around pretty much since the redevelopment of Green Water has been.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 9:46 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Yea I feel that the city purposly capped the height for all of Greenwater. C'est la vie, what that area doesn't make up in height, makes up in density. This is one of those situations where we should think about how there was a time when any building over 400 feet was a big deal lol. Now they are a dime a dozen. My how things have changed...

I just hope that any future building that could go up on the Ballet Austin lot hopefully would be taller than the others.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
Yea I feel that the city purposly capped the height for all of Greenwater. C'est la vie, what that area doesn't make up in height, makes up in density. This is one of those situations where we should think about how there was a time when any building over 400 feet was a big deal lol. Now they are a dime a dozen. My how things have changed...

I just hope that any future building that could go up on the Ballet Austin lot hopefully would be taller than the others.
and hopefully one day that parking garage!

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
and hopefully one day that parking garage!
That parking garage is going to happen at some point, mark my words. That land will shortly be waaaay too valuable.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 8:26 PM
Meh

God, I hate that electrical substation. I was down there last night riding around taking pictures. I wish they could get rid of it. It's so brutally ugly among some other things that are not. That's a great area of downtown, but there are some real unfortunate things holding it back a bit - the substation and the State of Texas garage especially.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
God, I hate that electrical substation. I was down there last night riding around taking pictures. I wish they could get rid of it. It's so brutally ugly among some other things that are not. That's a great area of downtown, but there are some real unfortunate things holding it back a bit - the substation and the State of Texas garage especially.
Unfortunately, our children's children will be saying the same thing, and about the duddlebug poopsie sculpture, the over ambitious way underachieving fence,
all the overhead wires, the monster next to Proper, 801 Barton Springs, the spire on the Fairmont, the Fairmont, and will they ever fix those leaking pipes, 405 Colorado, the Aloft, the hour it takes to get from 183 to Riverside on I35, and even longer on 130, how UT still hasn't won a national title except in swimming, how Austin still doesn't have a professional sports team and ABIA still only has 40 gates and no Asian route and still waits for Delta's major announcement, and still no 900 ft tower plans in sight to offset the dozen new 400 footers sitting on cinder block covered 10 story parking garages,....whew, I'm done, please disregard my entire totally uncalled for negative rant.

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Unfortunately, our children's children will be saying the same thing, and about the duddlebug poopsie sculpture, the over ambitious way underachieving fence,
all the overhead wires, the monster next to Proper, 801 Barton Springs, the spire on the Fairmont, the Fairmont, and will they ever fix those leaking pipes, 405 Colorado, the Aloft, the hour it takes to get from 183 to Riverside on I35, and even longer on 130, how UT still hasn't won a national title except in swimming, how Austin still doesn't have a professional sports team and ABIA still only has 40 gates and no Asian route and still waits for Delta's major announcement, and still no 900 ft tower plans in sight to offset the dozen new 400 footers sitting on cinder block covered 10 story parking garages,....whew, I'm done, please disregard my entire totally uncalled for negative rant.
You forgot to mention, they'll be working on the 43rd draft of CodeNEXT and light rail will still be 15-20 years in the future.

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
You forgot to mention, they'll be working on the 43rd draft of CodeNEXT and light rail will still be 15-20 years in the future.
And still talking about how I35 through downtown may someday cut and cap.

Old Posted May 19, 2018, 12:29 AM

.....and, will Austin promote the interim police chief to official police chief. He may be too old by then...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin