HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
The one on skyrisecities is a grainy picture I grabbed from the audience at the alderman's meeting, but the actual presentation has since been posted:
Thank you for finding that presentation. There're some new projects in there I hadn't heard about yet, like "The Hudson" and the Michigan Avenue road diet!

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevevance View Post
Thank you for finding that presentation. There're some new projects in there I hadn't heard about yet, like "The Hudson" and the Michigan Avenue road diet!
Agreed. I saw the Hudson in Crain's but those interior shots are new. Hope that one moves forward.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 11:17 PM

Old Town Park II

Aug 22

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 12:55 AM

According to my data, Rennelle has 35 of its 45 condos currently under contract. Most expensive one under contract is just over $3.2M with another just under that, and another few just under $3M.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
According to my data, Rennelle has 35 of its 45 condos currently under contract. Most expensive one under contract is just over $3.2M with another just under that, and another few just under $3M.
I'm pretty amazed so many people want to live there that badly, but I'm not a millionaire, so I guess I can't act like I understand the thought process.

Regardless, good news!

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 1:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
I'm pretty amazed so many people want to live there that badly, but I'm not a millionaire, so I guess I can't act like I understand the thought process.

Regardless, good news!
Why not? Pretty good location and I'm sure some units have pretty good views...

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Well, this is just my opinion, but the building looks cheap, the view is rather low, so from that angle not amazing, and the corridor is limited. The other side of the building facing Wabash is an ugly black parking garage, that at best will become a big skyscraper, further blocking their views, and the view north isn't that great, no matter the height. The view south is nonexistent.

Basically you are paying millions for one view corridor in a building that might end up looking like that narsty one on State next to the Chicago Theater.

The location is okay, but that part of River North is a bit stinky, especially the area near Rossie's. I'd have to see the interiors and know the amenities to make a more confident opinion.

I'm just thinking that if you are spending millions on a high rise condo, you might as well buy half a floor in something like the Aqua or Legacy at 700ft in the sky.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 4:34 AM

I agree. I feel the same way about Hayden West Loop. I just think there are so many better options for that kind of money.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 4:40 AM

Gr333n The core looks to be about 5 floors from topping out and there looks to be 2 more levels of parking deck before the steel office component begins.

Twelve01West This glassy office building will add some nice contrast to the West Loop style of architecture

180 N Ada I like the black cladding. Looks like 900 W Washington and is a nice homage to Sears and Hancock

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I wonder if they are benefiting from the poor "environment" at the neighbor to the south. An article was out last year that Trump Tower sales were way down and listings were up compared to peer condo buildings in the city. And that was in 2017, which was by all indications a worse year for condo sales than 2018. The NYT reported earlier this week that Trump's golf course in the Bronx has suffered a 10% decline in rounds of golf this year and almost a third less since 2015, before the elections. Without getting into all the politics of it, Renelle allows you to get all the advantages of living just next door without actually having to tell your friends that you live in that building.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 2:56 PM

Quote:
I'm just thinking that if you are spending millions on a high rise condo, you might as well buy half a floor in something like the Aqua or Legacy at 700ft in the sky.
I've always been under the impression that Renelle's success is due to their planning and unit mix. I believe the majority of their units have three- or four-bedrooms, which doesn't really exist in the Loop in such concentration.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 3:02 PM
The City

Renelle is in the Loop?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
Agreed. I saw the Hudson in Crain's but those interior shots are new. Hope that one moves forward.
isn't there already a "The Hudson" apartment building @ Chicago & Hudson?

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
Renelle is in the Loop?
My mistake, I meant, the core of the city, the heart of downtown, etc.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near North Resident View Post
isn't there already a "The Hudson" apartment building @ Chicago & Hudson?
That's what I thought too! Now i'm super confused. These developers are getting lazy, huh?

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Not me. Yes the views might be better, but that’s subjective. You might be on a lower floor, but looking out to the Wrigley Building clocktower (or watching boats in the river) is pretty cool.

Lakeshore East is also a bland and underdeveloped neighborhood (no restaurants, shopping, nightlife). And Aqua’s ceiling heights are much too low for a luxury building.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Aug 24, 2018, 11:40 PM

Quote:
That's what I thought too! Now i'm super confused. These developers are getting lazy, huh?
http://www.thehudsonchicago.com/

Old Posted Aug 25, 2018, 12:09 AM
tilted & shifted

Lakeshore East Proposals

Alderman Reilly invites you to join him and the New Eastside Association of Residents (NEAR) at an informational presentation regarding revisions and updates to the development proposal at Lakeshore East for Parcels I, J, K, and L, located at 197-301 North Harbor Drive and 452-500 East Waterside Drive.

WHAT: Revised development proposal at Lakeshore East:
Parcels I, J, K, and L

WHO: Hosted by Alderman Brendan Reilly and the
Near Eastside Association of Residents (NEAR)

WHEN: Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 6:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.

WHERE: Radisson Blu Hotel - Atlantic Ballroom
221 N. Columbus Drive, Chicago, IL 60601

Representatives of both the Lendlease Development Inc. development team and the Lakeshore East LLC development team will present their updated and revised plans and answer any questions you may have about this proposal. Alderman Reilly will be present at this meeting to monitor the discussion and record your feedback.

The Applicant is proposing revisions to the development proposal at Lakeshore East: Parcels I, J, K, and L located at 197-301 N. Harbor Dr. and 452-500 E. Waterside Dr. to include three (3) buildings containing a total of up to 1,700 residential dwelling units and 30,000 square feet of retail.

In July 2017, the Applicant presented their development proposal to the neighborhood at a public community meeting with Alderman Reilly.

After the community presentation to the neighborhood, Alderman Reilly directed the development team to hold meetings with each residential building in the New Eastside to ensure every resident was afforded the opportunity to review the project and express their concerns.

This resulted in over a dozen subsequent meetings, which Alderman Reilly's staff attended to monitor and take detailed notes.

After reviewing substantial neighborhood feedback and cataloguing his own concerns regarding this initial proposal, Alderman Reilly announced his rejection of the project in December 2017. Since then, the Applicant has incorporated community feedback to improve their plans and they are now prepared to share their new design with the community for further input.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2018, 1:42 AM

Renalli on the River - 403 N Wabash

Aug 17

Cantilever Crane base removed.

Aug 20

Old Posted Aug 26, 2018, 4:08 AM

I'm definitely going to make an effort to attend the LSE (re)proposal. I've been excited about this for a while, and I'm intrigued to see how they addressed the communities concerns.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations