HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnhappy View Post
Yes, it was on the P92xx Orions (suburban configuration is the official name of their seating config). I think I speak for many others (including drivers apparently) when I say that their replacement will not come soon enough (should have been done already).

I'm personally very happy that BC Transit went with the Nova buses (and they have for some time with their fleets in Chilliwack, Abbotsford, on Vancouver Island, etc.) with standard layouts.
Not for me. I goddamn love the suburban buses and their coach seating. F#*KING LOVE IT.

I could not imagine being on an urban bus with it's rattling back door and the sound of the road and wind and rain vibrating every surface in the bus on the long and high speed trips on the 555 or 351. Sitting sideways toucing shoulder to shoulder at the back Give me a nice soft seat I can sleep in or a special reading light and air vents any day.

I was actually on an articulated bus to Horseshoe bay once, and on the upper levels the entire back section started to rock back and forth so hard that all the people sitting on the benches at the back were thrown from their seats and onto the floor. I would not want to be in a regular bus in an accident at 110km/h on the 99.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPhil View Post
Not for me. I goddamn love the suburban buses and their coach seating. F#*KING LOVE IT.

I could not imagine being on an urban bus with it's rattling back door and the sound of the road and wind and rain vibrating every surface in the bus on the long and high speed trips on the 555 or 351. Sitting sideways toucing shoulder to shoulder at the back Give me a nice soft seat I can sleep in or a special reading light and air vents any day.

I was actually on an articulated bus to Horseshoe bay once, and on the upper levels the entire back section started to rock back and forth so hard that all the people sitting on the benches at the back were thrown from their seats and onto the floor. I would not want to be in a regular bus in an accident at 110km/h on the 99.
I'm over 6ft and while I don't have tonnes of legroom on the suburban Orions I would rather have a higher chance of sitting vs. standing for 45 minutes. It's not perfect, sure, but considering that the 351 is often near capacity the extra seats from having the suburban layout is greatly appreciated, alongside the benefits you listed.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2016, 4:24 PM

One year anniversary this week. A few special events:

On Friday, April 8, BC Transit Ambassadors will travel the route during the morning rush hour, offering customers cupcakes and scratch-and-win bookmarks, which could be worth a one-month BC Transit pass. Watch for various local leaders, riding the bus leaving Yale Road and Spadina in Chilliwack at 6:15 a.m.

On Saturday, April 9, all rides on #66 FVX will be free, to give those who haven’t tried the service yet a chance to experience it for themselves.

also averaging 235 rides per day, compared to 195 projected, so they see this as a success so far.

http://bctransit.com/chilliwack/news...=1403645772409

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure