HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 2:51 PM
Centretowner

New YUL flight.

Quote:
MONTREAL, March 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ - Air Canada announced today the return of daily year-round service between Montreal and Washington Dulles (IAD) starting May 1, 2017, offering more choice for customers travelling between Montreal and the Washington, D.C., Metro area. In addition to well-timed connections to Air Canada's extensive network to Europe and North Africa, flights will also offer one-stop service to/from Quebec and Eastern Canada including Bagotville, Sept-Îles, Quebec City, Fredericton, Moncton, Bathurst, Saint John and Halifax. Special introductory fares start as low as $191 one-way, all in, and tickets are now available for purchase at aircanada.com or through travel agents.

"We are happy to once again operate Montreal-Washington Dulles (IAD) flights that complement our existing twice daily flights to Washington National Airport and strengthen our market presence in the Washington, D.C., Metro area," said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines, at Air Canada. "We continue to strategically grow our transborder network in support of our commitment to expand our global reach from Montreal-Trudeau reinforcing it as a hub that offers convenient connections from points throughout Quebec and Eastern Canada and to Air Canada's extensive international network including Paris, Brussels, Frankfurt and Casablanca."

The daily non-stop Air Canada Express service will be operated with 50-seat Bombardier CRJ-100 aircraft. All flights provide for Aeroplan accumulation and redemption, Star Alliance reciprocal benefits and, for eligible customers, priority check-in, Maple Leaf Lounge access, priority boarding and other benefits.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 2:57 PM

About time!!!!

Air Canada Adds Daily Vancouver-Boston Flights to Growing Transborder Network for Summer 2017

Quote:
VANCOUVER, March 15, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada announced today the introduction of daily summer seasonal service between Vancouver and Boston starting June 23, 2017 until September 4, 2017. Special introductory fares start as low as $243 one-way, all in, and tickets are now available for purchase at aircanada.com or through travel agents.

"We continue to strategically expand our transborder network and we are excited to link Vancouver and Boston with daily non-stop flights this summer, complementing our existing Boston services from Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Halifax. These new non-stop flights will shave two hours of travel time for customers travelling between the Canadian West Coast and the U.S. northeastern seaboard. Customers travelling from the Greater Boston area, the sixth most populous area in the U.S., will also enjoy convenient connections at our YVR hub to Western Canada and to our daily flights to both Sydney and Brisbane, Australia, featuring competitive elapsed times," said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines, at Air Canada.

The new non-stop services will be operated by Air Canada starting June 23, 2017 with 120-seat Airbus A319 aircraft offering a choice of Business and Economy Class service. All flights provide for Aeroplan accumulation and redemption, Star Alliance reciprocal benefits and, for eligible customers, priority check-in, Maple Leaf Lounge access at the Vancouver hub, priority boarding and other benefits.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 7:00 PM

Some very sad news from St Hubert (CYHU) over the weekend. As a controller myself this is my worst fear. My heart and sympathy goes out to all those involved. Obviously it's far too early to speculate what caused the collision, but I am interested to see what TC will eventually report.

1 Dead after planes collide near St Hubert airport

Old Posted Today, 2:46 AM

YHU is one of the busiest GA airports in the country. They do an awesome job dealing with all the foreign pilots that go through the flight schools there. This is truly a sad turn of events for the folks there and I feel for the victims and their families.

I was working at my tower when this happened, and having seen the replay of the radar footage, my heart sank when I saw both planes merging and disappearing from radar....

I obviously cannot comment on the situation any further, but what we know, according to the following article (among others)...

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loca...-student-pilot

2 Chinese pilots, 21 and 23 years old, each on a solo flight, one with 40 hours, the other with 140 hours experience.

One of the pilots did not respond to four attempts to contact him. The planes crashed after one of the pilots inexplicably changed altitude.

Sad, sad turn of events, that will scar all the people involved (families, pilots and controllers) for the rest of their lives.

Old Posted Today, 8:51 PM

I was thinking of the connectivity our airports provide and I put together a list looking at the population Canadian airports are connected to via direct flights (or semi-direct like Philippine YYZ-YVR-MNL or AC's YYZ-SCL-EZE).

Turns out our cities are pretty well connected and there are some interesting results.

Some things I discovered:
  • Montreal is connected to a lot of smaller cities, with by far the lowest average size, whereas Vancouver is connected to fewer much larger cities.
  • Cities connected to Vancouver are over twice the size on average vs those connected to Montreal. Calgary's average city is nearly 3 times the size of Montreal's.
  • Average population of city Calgary is connected to is a staggering 16 million.
  • Toronto is connected to more or less half a billion people.
  • Asian cities are big, like really big.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada