HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #81  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 4:50 PM
Elmira Guy's Avatar
Elmira Guy Elmira Guy is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waterloo, ON
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
No matter what you say, you're just going to get a bunch of CPC talking points regurgitated. Why bother?
Good point. Why bother? Some people you just can't reach.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #82  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 4:55 PM
red-paladin's Avatar
red-paladin red-paladin is online now
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,253
How is this even a thread? Trudeau isn't even PM yet technically
CPC Hacks
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #83  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 4:59 PM
MrOilers's Avatar
MrOilers MrOilers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,499
I am fine with the Liberal government, but Justin is such a weenie. I have big issues with the fact that the only reason he was promoted to party leader is due to his last name, instead of his achievements.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #84  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:05 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Kudatah!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 12,572
Ha! I like that you copied my original Harper thread before Trudeau's even taken office. At least give him a chance before you start bitching Migs. I gave Harper a chance. It wasn't until he got his majority and started railroading everyone that I began to utterly despise him.
__________________
Drawings and Scribbles www.behance.net/OlivierGraham

Last edited by O-tacular; Oct 22, 2015 at 9:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #85  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:06 PM
Xelebes's Avatar
Xelebes Xelebes is offline
Sawmill Billowtoker
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rockin' in Edmonton
Posts: 12,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
Wow, if a nuclear explosion is such a wonderful propagator of freedom and prosperity, maybe economically struggling areas like here in the Maritimes should request some to use on ourselves! I wonder how long it takes for the economic stimulation to take effect?
Perhaps we can do it to Regina. It just isn't prosperous enough.
__________________
The Colour Green
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #86  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:07 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Kudatah!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 12,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
I am fine with the Liberal government, but Justin is such a weenie. I have big issues with the fact that the only reason he was promoted to party leader is due to his last name, instead of his achievements.
He did get the nomination because of his last name, but he won the election for very different reasons. A part of it was the ABC movement coalescing behind the Liberals, but I think a bigger part of it was his open style and his positive message.
__________________
Drawings and Scribbles www.behance.net/OlivierGraham
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #87  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:08 PM
Cyro Cyro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-paladin View Post
How is this even a thread? Trudeau isn't even PM yet technically
CPC Hacks
Freedom of speech and expression is every Canadians right. The amount of time it took to create this thread is irrelevant. Whether he has been sworn in as of this moment or will be in the next _____amount of hrs., he will be the PM as far as every Canadian is concerned.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #88  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:13 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 21,324
Wow, so many bitter little people right now. Lets wait until he actually does something before we start calling BS.
__________________
Git'er done!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #89  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:14 PM
geotag277 geotag277 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stardust* View Post
Migs, let's explain it in a way you can understand... It's like engaging argument with you. We could fight with you forever and ever and we know nothing will change and it will only get you going even more and come after us with argument after argument and add fuel to your fire. it only gets us more frustrated so we keep fighting back. We should just stop talking to you and back away from the conversation, not because we are cowardly and irresponsible, but because we know that there is no clear end and we are doing more harm than good, and you should always have an exit strategy, just like a smart PM and not engage in war forever and ever.

Does this make sense to you?
Hah, my exact reaction to OTac in the original Stephen Harper BS thread.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #90  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:15 PM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 11,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Wow, so many bitter little people right now. Lets wait until he actually does something before we start calling BS.
For future reference, is "BS" where he does something inconsistent with the election platform, or just something somebody happens to disagree with?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #91  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:15 PM
HomeInMyShoes's Avatar
HomeInMyShoes HomeInMyShoes is offline
arf
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pile 'O Bones
Posts: 10,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelebes View Post
Perhaps we can do it to Regina. It just isn't prosperous enough.
Who knew that comic books were the foretellers of future events.
__________________

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #92  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:17 PM
Nouvellecosse's Avatar
Nouvellecosse Nouvellecosse is offline
As seen on SSC ;)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Freedom of speech and expression is every Canadians right. The amount of time it took to create this thread is irrelevant. Whether he has been sworn in as of this moment or will be in the next _____amount of hrs., he will be the PM as far as every Canadian is concerned.
I don't think the dispute is a matter of whether or not people have a right to create the thread, but rather whether the decision to make it is right. To say that all things are equally right as long as you have an equal right to do them doesn't make much sense imo.

That said, I don't particularly care one way or another if the thread exists, because if I don't find it interesting, I can easily stop reading it.
__________________
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #93  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:18 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 21,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
For future reference, is "BS" where he does something inconsistent with the election platform, or just something somebody happens to disagree with?
I think either is acceptable.
__________________
Git'er done!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #94  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:25 PM
geotag277 geotag277 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 3,727
I think this is appropriate for this thread:



How to: Use as many words as possible to seem like you are doing something great when in actuality you have said literally nothing at all.

In Canada, BETTER is ALWAYS possible.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #95  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:26 PM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 11,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
I think either is acceptable.
It makes a difference. The former could be quite short while the latter will go on forever.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #96  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:28 PM
Acajack's Avatar
Acajack Acajack is offline
C'est quoi l'affaire?
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vieux Canada
Posts: 25,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool maudit View Post
On the day of the election, I realized that my Facebook was kind of a Pauline Kael "but I don't know anyone who voted for him" (her supposed surprised response to Nixon's victory)-type thing.

The Harper Conservatives got 99 seats, so a lot of Canadians thought that was the best platform. But my social media accounts -- lots of media and creative people in Montreal and Toronto -- didn't feature a single pro-Harper message. Most people were not exactly measured about their anti- views either (Godwin's law was in tatters)...

...there is something a bit weird about that. 99 seats. Nobody I knew.

This thread is fine.
I noticed the same thing:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1586
__________________
Vos veaux sont après chier - John Diefenbaker
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #97  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:36 PM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,198
Trudeau is going to screw this country.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #98  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:42 PM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 11,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post
I think this is appropriate for this thread:



How to: Use as many words as possible to seem like you are doing something great when in actuality you have said literally nothing at all.

In Canada, BETTER is ALWAYS possible.
I'd like to see some analysis of what this means in practice in terms of a Government's legislative agenda. I can see why Cabinet ministers must be bound in all but free votes, but I would like to see backbench MPs whipped only on matters of confidence. It is a step in the right direction and part of a much larger package, but this particular bit seems more timid than it needs to be.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #99  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:44 PM
Alegan's Avatar
Alegan Alegan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oslo
Posts: 43
Wow.. really? I think the political threads need to vamoose. Skyscraperpage people.. skyscrapers. Unless this is about urban infrastructure related issues, in which case we can see which part had a better platform here:
http://www.canadianurbanism.ca/2015-election/

sooooo...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #100  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2015, 5:47 PM
Migs's Avatar
Migs Migs is offline
Regina 4 Life
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Regina, Sk, Canada
Posts: 3,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Ha! I like that you copied my original Harper thread before Trudeau's even taken office. At least give him a chance before you start bitching Migs. I gave Harper a chance. It wasn't until he got his majority and started railroading everyone that I begin to utterly despise him.
You're correct that he hasn't taken office yet, this thread is in response to Trudeau acting as though he was during his phone call with Obama.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:41 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.