HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise & Supertall Proposals

    

Transit Terminal Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum
            
View Full Map

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #81  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 5:03 PM
Urbanthusiat's Avatar
Urbanthusiat Urbanthusiat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: University City, Philadelphia
Posts: 264
Is this just a formality that Amtrak has to follow? I had just assumed Brandywine would be the developer, but I guess Brandywine has to formally submit an application for the parcel first?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #82  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 5:30 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,174
^^I would guess so.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #83  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 8:59 PM
Boku Boku is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 238
I think since the site got folded into the 30th Street District plan, Brandywine will be competing with other developers. From the original article announcing the plan, http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...overhaul.html:

Quote:
Brandywine Realty Trust expects to bid for this work alongside developers that have not been involved in the planning so far, said Jeffrey Weinstein, the company's vice president for construction.

...

The former Cira Two parcel now sits at the intersection of the two large redevelopment proposals, Cutler said.

"The market will ultimately dictate what goes there, but we think it's a very valuable development site," she said. "It really is the linchpin of the entire district."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #84  
Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 10:44 AM
Boku Boku is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 238
John Fry: More steps forward for new 30th Street District

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion..._District.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #85  
Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 8:10 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,174
Amtrak marketing 30th Street site for development

Quote:
Amtrak is taking the first steps to implement a master plan it has devised for the area around 30th Street Station in Philadelphia and is seeking the development of a prominent parcel.

It has enlisted Newmark Grubb Knight Frank to oversee a request for proposals on a 32,000-square-foot site at the corner of 30th Street and John F. Kennedy Boulevard. The parcel sits between 30th Street Station and 3101 Market St., which is the former Bulletin building.

The site is zoned CMX-5, which allows for a mix of uses and upwards of 900,000 square feet of space to be built by right.
http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelp...sity-city.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #86  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 3:19 PM
PhilliesPhan's Avatar
PhilliesPhan PhilliesPhan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Philadelphia Area
Posts: 447
This is all likely stuff we know already, but here's a snippet of an email I received regarding the 30th Street District Plan:

"We have been busy since the release of the 30th Street Station District Plan in June!

We are pleased to announce that the City of Philadelphia and University City District have joined Amtrak, Drexel, PennDOT and SEPTA as lead partners in implementing the District Plan. This partner team has hit the ground running taking several steps over the last few months to advance a series of early action projects.

SEPTA and Amtrak have begun preliminary work to identify a preferred option for restoring the underground connection between 30th Street Station and SEPTA's Market-Frankford Line subway/elevated line and five (5) trolley lines.

PennDOT is collaborating with the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission to study possible changes to the I-76 on-and-off ramps at 30th Street.

Amtrak is advancing planning and design for a new mezzanine bar and lounge inside the station and a new north concourse to serve Amtrak, SEPTA and NJ Transit customers. The Station Plaza concept for a dynamic new civic space framing all four sides of the station remains a top priority for Amtrak.

Drexel University and its master developer Brandywine Realty Trust will begin their first development project at the front door of 30th Street Station, the renovation of the iconic Philadelphia Evening Bulletin building and accompanying construction of an exciting new public square."
__________________
"'Cause I live and breathe this Philadelphia Freedom
From the day that I was born, I've waved the flag"
-Elton John, "Philadelphia Freedom"

Cardinal O'Hara Class of 2013--->Temple University '18
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #87  
Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 3:29 PM
Kidphilly Kidphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
This is all likely stuff we know already, but here's a snippet of an email I received regarding the 30th Street District Plan:

"We have been busy since the release of the 30th Street Station District Plan in June!

We are pleased to announce that the City of Philadelphia and University City District have joined Amtrak, Drexel, PennDOT and SEPTA as lead partners in implementing the District Plan. This partner team has hit the ground running taking several steps over the last few months to advance a series of early action projects.

SEPTA and Amtrak have begun preliminary work to identify a preferred option for restoring the underground connection between 30th Street Station and SEPTA's Market-Frankford Line subway/elevated line and five (5) trolley lines.

PennDOT is collaborating with the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission to study possible changes to the I-76 on-and-off ramps at 30th Street.

Amtrak is advancing planning and design for a new mezzanine bar and lounge inside the station and a new north concourse to serve Amtrak, SEPTA and NJ Transit customers. The Station Plaza concept for a dynamic new civic space framing all four sides of the station remains a top priority for Amtrak.

Drexel University and its master developer Brandywine Realty Trust will begin their first development project at the front door of 30th Street Station, the renovation of the iconic Philadelphia Evening Bulletin building and accompanying construction of an exciting new public square."

I really hope they use the underground 31st street for some transit that could be linked to the connection being created (can extend through the rail yard and down to Walnut underground on 31st street

This could link with the Pennsy cut and even somehow extend through south Philly to the Navy yard

I hope we don't miss out on a broader set of planning maybe BRT is the best option here as can be more flexible to use existing infrastructure
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #88  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 10:05 PM
photoLith's Avatar
photoLith photoLith is offline
Ex Houstonian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Millvale, Pittsburgh
Posts: 10,939
Whats the status on these towers and the project?
__________________
Covfefe
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #89  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 11:03 PM
Mr Saturn64 Mr Saturn64 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Philly
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Whats the status on these towers and the project?
I don't know, but it's going to be a long time before anything big gets built. Cira II (which also has a drawing on the diagrams now), could possibly be built in the coming few years because of its location, which isn't over the railyard. As for the other ones, patience is a virtue.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #90  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 12:27 AM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Whats the status on these towers and the project?
Amtrak sent out Requests for Proposals to developers late last year for the first tower to be built in the 30th Street Station District plan, which will be the "Cira II" site which could rise 600-700 ft tall:
http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...t-Station.html

Schuylkill Yards will also be built before most of these towers in the 30th Street Station District plan. They want to build on the surface lots in the area since capping the rail yards is expensive. Schuylkill Yards is starting this year, with the renovation of the Bulletin Building and the park at 30th and Market. We will also hear information on the first tower for Schuylkill Yards this year, which should start construction in early 2018. Here is the link to the Schuylkill Yards thread:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...t=Philadelphia
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #91  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 1:50 AM
Boku Boku is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 238
30th Street Station District Plan Wins Prestigious National Award

http://media.amtrak.com/2017/01/30th...ational-award/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #92  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 1:56 AM
iheartphilly iheartphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
30th Street Station District Plan Wins Prestigious National Award

http://media.amtrak.com/2017/01/30th...ational-award/
Great. Now let's get the plan implemented and start construction with the tallest building first.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #93  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 4:36 PM
skyscraper skyscraper is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 938
Does there exist a rendering that overlays / combines both the 30th Street District and Schuylkill yards? Both have separate detailed renderings, but I don't think I have seen one that has what the combined developments will look like when finished.
__________________
"There are two types of countries in the world: Those that use the metric system, and those that have been to the moon."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #94  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 5:05 PM
mmikeyphilly mmikeyphilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
Does there exist a rendering that overlays / combines both the 30th Street District and Schuylkill yards? Both have separate detailed renderings, but I don't think I have seen one that has what the combined developments will look like when finished.
You mean this? (See Post#91 above. that link provides this and other renderings.)
__________________
whatever
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #95  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 6:26 PM
Mr Saturn64 Mr Saturn64 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Philly
Posts: 345
So I gather that in that rendering the building directly behind 30th Street Station is Cira II, yes? The new drawing of that building on the diagrams does not look remotely like that building. None of the buildings actually look like that drawing.

Also, it's great that this won an award. Now all we can do is wait for things to start coming up.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #96  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 7:39 PM
gttx's Avatar
gttx gttx is offline
Urban Explorer
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 2,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
So I gather that in that rendering the building directly behind 30th Street Station is Cira II, yes? The new drawing of that building on the diagrams does not look remotely like that building. None of the buildings actually look like that drawing.

Also, it's great that this won an award. Now all we can do is wait for things to start coming up.
It's the old Cira II site (NW corner of 30th and JFK), but not the old Cira II proposal. That proposal was tied to Brandywine's option on the site, which lapsed a few years ago. Amtrak recently went to market for a new developer...Brandywine may end up there again, but it's unclear whether the building will be the same. Likely not, given that so much office space is now planned for Schuylkill Yards, and this is a particularly small / difficult site for office.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #97  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 8:02 PM
Urbanthusiat's Avatar
Urbanthusiat Urbanthusiat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: University City, Philadelphia
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraper View Post
Does there exist a rendering that overlays / combines both the 30th Street District and Schuylkill yards? Both have separate detailed renderings, but I don't think I have seen one that has what the combined developments will look like when finished.
Post #58 page 3 of this thread
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #98  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 5:09 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,174
Philadelphia 30th Street Station District Plan wins 2017 AIA award

http://philly.curbed.com/2017/1/17/1...aia-award-2017
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #99  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 6:09 PM
christof christof is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 466
The first new building will start construction next year (classrooms/office space), followed by a residential building (about a yr later).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #100  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 7:14 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by christof View Post
The first new building will start construction next year (classrooms/office space), followed by a residential building (about a yr later).
Very nice. First new tower for Schuylkill Yards, right?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise & Supertall Proposals
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:37 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.