Klatuu Barada Nikto

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 3:52 PM
The Vomit Bag.

clouds

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 4:29 PM
Registered Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
Awoke in Ottawa this morning to ... weather.
No weather here. Not in any quantifiable way, anyway.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 5:43 PM

Vancouver: No weather here either, just sunny and cloudless (liberal) skies, no wind, looks like another hot day and rest of week coming up. Our summer was late this year.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 6:57 PM
Suburbs Suck

Went for a run at 8am and was already warm enuf in the shade and warm in the sun. Now it's hot in the sun at noon with a slight breeze and we're heading for baking hot later in the afternoon.
castlegar.ca

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 10:03 PM

Warm.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 10:16 PM

Unusually clear in downtown Vancouver. Just a wall of blue behind the North Shore Mountains without even a few puffy clouds. Warm in the sun, cool in the shade, fresh ocean breeze, moderate humidity, no bugs. Ideal for most people and it looks from the forecast that there's a lot more on the way. Come November I will be remembering these halcyon days of late summer.

Coal Harbour, Vancouver, Aug.15 '16, my pic

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 3:36 AM

The description of this thread sounds like a grade 1 teacher telling the kids to write a report on the weather..

According to Environment Canada it's currently 23 degrees and cloudy outside right now in South Riverside. I don't feel like stepping outside right now to describe how it looks or feels. Busy playing Fallout 4 where I can tell you it's currently raining with radioactive lightening. looks like pants and a t-shirt kind of day.
posted on:: https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 3:50 AM

I'm on vacation in Saguenay, QC and the weather was beautiful today.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 5:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
The description of this thread sounds like a grade 1 teacher telling the kids to write a report on the weather..
Actually I would more say it is the childish responses to the new rules, such as this one and others, that are more inductive of the actual members of the Grade 1 class room throwing a temper tantrum.

Why is it so hard to put forth a little tiny bit of effort, and post a picture of your city on the day to illustrate the weather, and say a few others about it beyond the numbers?

Again, people being so adamant about keeping the zero effort posting alive will only attract and reinforce the zero effort posters who are attracted to that kind of thing, again, drowning out the quality posts of people who do make an effort with a sea of garbage like this.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post
Actually I would more say it is the childish responses to the new rules, such as this one and others, that are more inductive of the actual members of the Grade 1 class room throwing a temper tantrum.

Why is it so hard to put forth a little tiny bit of effort, and post a picture of your city on the day to illustrate the weather, and say a few others about it beyond the numbers?

Again, people being so adamant about keeping the zero effort posting alive will only attract and reinforce the zero effort posters who are attracted to that kind of thing, again, drowning out the quality posts of people who do make an effort with a sea of garbage like this.

Well done! You are always a beacon of light on this forum. Mr Positive posting himself. lol

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post

clouds
nice formation..

Although, I'll have to raise you with this particular weather related event near the Peg..

I'd like to call it, "Shroom Experience on the Prairies"

winnipeg.ctvnews.ca

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotag277 View Post

In fact, a picture alone doesn't tell that much -- a nice clear day with only evergreen trees visible in it (most of the areas around Van seem to be like that) and perfectly blue sky could actually be a minus 20C winter cold snap day...

And it's a lot more effort than just sharing a temp with numbers (which I generally, myself, don't do, unless the weather is unusual enough -- good or bad -- that it's worth mentioning).

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 6:09 PM
Suburbs Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
In fact, a picture alone doesn't tell that much -- a nice clear day with only evergreen trees visible in it (most of the areas around Van seem to be like that) and perfectly blue sky could actually be a minus 20C winter cold snap day...

And it's a lot more effort than just sharing a temp with numbers (which I generally, myself, don't do, unless the weather is unusual enough -- good or bad -- that it's worth mentioning).
I don't know that Van pic looks pretty warm. And remember evergreen trees grow all the way down to California in the west. In the east evergreens seem to denote "up north".
But yes sun doesn't always mean warm.
castlegar.ca

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 6:15 PM

In Vancouver, it's another nice warm mostly cloudless day, almost perfect, just a small breeze, but feels like it will be too hot my midday.

-

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 6:15 PM
Suburbs Suck

Don't know if its early or not but apples are ready here in Castlegar. It is mid August after all but because of our hot Spring everything is early this year.
castlegar.ca

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 6:27 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveography View Post

Same here. It's a weird sort of cloud cover. Mostly cloud, but sunny?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 7:00 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

And yes, it is still sunny here in Edmonton. It is drying up slowly which is going to be awesome for harvest. The air is humid and so you feel the heat but it isn't going to make you stop. Just walked around for lunch and I liked it.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 9:01 PM

Yeah not a fan of this thread. Weather is all about statistics and numbers. It's like describing spring without flowers and budding... can't do it. Relying on official Environment Canada data from a main weather station is not a bad thing and actually should be encouraged. I'll be back in the other thread.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2016, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
And remember evergreen trees grow all the way down to California in the west. In the east evergreens seem to denote "up north".
I'm well aware of that (and for your info, you can find evergreens pretty far south even out East; I have some of these pines growing on some of my properties in FL) ... my point was that if there are only evergreens in a scenery pic, you can't tell if it's a +35C summer day or a sudden cold snap -15C winter day with no snow on the ground, or anything in between.

On the other hand, if you see at least one deciduous tree with green leaves in the pic, it's pretty much guaranteed the temperature at the time of the pic wasn't significantly subzero.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada