HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Haha

Here's a presser pic

Nothing like a frosty prairie day to announce your signing... the Mrs. and the kid are like "get me out of heeeeere"
"Daddy, someone said that Winnipeg has stinging butterflies, Calgary has cows pooping on the street and Edmonton is colder than this! I promise I'll do better in school, I promise!"

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 7:37 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

^ "Daddy, what's a bunnyhug?"

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
"Daddy, someone said that Winnipeg has stinging butterflies, Calgary has cows pooping on the street and Edmonton is colder than this! I promise I'll do better in school, I promise!"
Rider gloves covering his face, the kid has got the rider fan moves down!

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. - M.Tyson

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 7:50 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Quote:
It's a dance. Only grandma does this dance when she isn't ranting about President Wilson.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Dunno son, but folks said this place was as windy as Texas because Alberta blows and Manitoba sucks!

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 10:35 PM

So far the Riders are running away with this years recycling award.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 11:15 PM

Oh brother

Old Posted Mar 11, 2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthumb2 View Post
So far the Riders are running away with this years recycling award.
Riders sure enjoy bringing in players with a history!

From CBC.....2008

The Tennessee Titans called police for help searching for Vince Young because his therapist told coach Jeff Fisher the quarterback mentioned suicide several times before driving away from his home with a gun.
Both Fisher and Young have said what happened Monday night was overblown by the media. But the supplemental report filed Tuesday by Nashville police showed that Fisher was worried what his quarterback might be doing after the call from Young's therapist.
"I asked him, `What made her worry about him?' Lt. Andrea Swisher wrote. "He stated, 'His mood, his emotions, he wants to quit, and he mentioned suicide several times.' He went on to state that he left the house with a gun."
The Titans declined to comment on details of the report.
The Nashville City Paper and ESPN obtained the report through a public records request.
Young was booed heavily by home fans in the team's opening game loss to Jacksonville after his second interception, and he appeared as if he didn't want to return to the game. Fisher pulled his headset off and talked to him before the quarterback joined the rest of the offence.
Four plays later, Young sprained his left medial collateral ligament when Jaguars linebacker Daryl Smith crashed into his left knee. He will be out up to six weeks.
The Titans' head of security notified police around 7:30 p.m. on Monday that he had a player "going off," and Fisher was in his truck when he saw Nashville police in the parking lot at LP Field writing a report on a separate incident.
Young's manager, Mike Mu, arrived at the stadium and told police he had tried to follow Young when the quarterback left his home. But Mu said he couldn't keep up with Young on Interstate 65 despite driving 120 km/h.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 12:53 AM

That was a decade ago. We're giving the guy a chance at minimal risk. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 8:15 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

Anyone here taking in the CFL week festivities? Looks like it should be a pretty good time!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 8:33 PM
I ask because I Gatineau

From Sportsnet and Justin Dunk:

Quote:
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have added NFL quarterbacks Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin III to their negotiation list, reports CFL insider Justin Dunk.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 3:45 PM

Everything I have seen from CFL week looks great. Fans and players really enjoying it
I think this needs to be spread around the league too. People are talking CFL in March

Yeah I went there.....

Last edited by cjones2451; Mar 22, 2017 at 3:46 PM. Reason: Missing text

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 4:07 PM

I love Brodie Lawson...but don't tell my fiancé!

CFL week needs to happen every year. Rotate the cities every year and it'll work well. Love this idea.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 4:29 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

I really hope this event makes the rounds to other CFL cities in the future. I'd love to see it come to Winnipeg. Maybe even do it every second year so the players and league folks don't get too tired of it... this way it remains a special event.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 5:16 PM

Went to it yesterday and will go for the Warren Moon evening. Its pretty compact but lots of things for young and old.

I did 3 of the interactive displays

A new football with a Bluetooth device that measures velocity, efficiency and a couple of other things. The Riders will use it during this years training camp and the rest of the league next year. My old arm could only get a 58% efficiency rating....

You make the call - they show a play and you call if it is a penalty or not

You are in the control centre - pretty cool because you are controlling the actual gear they use to review calls. after I was done I gave the host my thoughts on video review and how it should be limited to turnovers, out of bounds and scoring plays. I also told him that the challenges are killing the flow of the game and people are not happy (at least the fans of other teams I talked to in Hamilton, Ottawa and BC) with the direction this initiative is going.

Overall a good first showing.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Went to it yesterday and will go for the Warren Moon evening. Its pretty compact but lots of things for young and old.

I did 3 of the interactive displays

A new football with a Bluetooth device that measures velocity, efficiency and a couple of other things. The Riders will use it during this years training camp and the rest of the league next year. My old arm could only get a 58% efficiency rating....

You make the call - they show a play and you call if it is a penalty or not

You are in the control centre - pretty cool because you are controlling the actual gear they use to review calls. after I was done I gave the host my thoughts on video review and how it should be limited to turnovers, out of bounds and scoring plays. I also told him that the challenges are killing the flow of the game and people are not happy (at least the fans of other teams I talked to in Hamilton, Ottawa and BC) with the direction this initiative is going.

Overall a good first showing.

On behalf of all of us who agree with you - good job and thanks!

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 6:27 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

^ Does a day in Glen Johnson's life go by without someone telling him that? Seriously, what's it going to take to get the game fixed?

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 6:49 PM

Looks like CFL week was a success. I do think the CFL missed an opportunity to host it in a city outside of Saskatchewan and it should have been held in Ottawa this year. To say the city of Ottawa is in a CFL frenzy right now is an understatement. Last week Redblacks ownership announced that 17,000 season tickets have already been sold and each season ticket is averaging 1 Grey Cup ticket sold. There is also a waiting list of 10,000 who have put down a $50 deposits to buy a grey cup on its own when they go on sale. So its not an exaggeration to say that approximately 27,000 grey cup tickets have been sold already. I think that next year could have easily been held in Sask and the CFL would have had 2 good years to start the week. A little nitpicking and Grey cup update.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 6:53 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

^ I think Sask was a safe bet to get the event off the ground. I could definitely see it happening in Ottawa next year, though.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 2:10 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

ICYMI, the Canadian Football HOF announced its 2017 inductees yesterday.

Kelvin Anderson, Anthony Calvillo, Mike O’Shea and Geroy Simon in the player category, and former Stamps president Stan Schwartz with former U. Sask coach Brian Towriss as builders.

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/03/22/call-to...class-of-2017/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada