HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 10, 2017, 5:29 AM

10 best record stores in Vancouver

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/best-...s-in-vancouver

Old Posted Mar 10, 2017, 5:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
cassettes are making a comeback apparently...

Inflagranti are releasing their new album on cassette - from their facebook page
I never got into cassettes. I did get into DAT (look it up). That ended in tears..

Old Posted Mar 10, 2017, 2:13 PM
you go on ahead

Cassettes were big with noise rock bands about 7-10 years ago as well - they usually had them at shows. It was intentionally lo-fi to go with the sound. Even then they included a digital download link. I have a few somewhere in my place as they were usually cheap, $10 or less.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2017, 3:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTowner View Post
I never got into cassettes. I did get into DAT (look it up). That ended in tears..
DAT was great in the studio. (I was involved in recording a number of albums in the 90's utilising DAT as the primary recording material) But other than superior audio over a traditional cassette, it had no justification for the extra cost compared to a CD.

As for mini-disc, now there's a short-lived market. I bought a copy of Pearl Jam's "Ten" on mini-disc with the full intention of buying a mini-disc player add-on to my Kenwood stack-system. I never got round to that purchase, and so never played the one mini-disc I've ever owned. Regrettably I gave it away with a pile of stuff to a charity shop.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2017, 7:19 AM

Visage is releasing a best off with some limited edition cassettes

Old Posted Mar 11, 2017, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNest View Post
DAT was great in the studio. (I was involved in recording a number of albums in the 90's utilising DAT as the primary recording material) But other than superior audio over a traditional cassette, it had no justification for the extra cost compared to a CD.

As for mini-disc, now there's a short-lived market. I bought a copy of Pearl Jam's "Ten" on mini-disc with the full intention of buying a mini-disc player add-on to my Kenwood stack-system. I never got round to that purchase, and so never played the one mini-disc I've ever owned. Regrettably I gave it away with a pile of stuff to a charity shop.
Ah yes, MD's! I had a Sony component MD for a couple of years. Never bought an actual release but I made about 10 mixed MDs. Never got around to buying a portable as CD burning and the iPod put an end to MD. I gave the lot to a musician friend, the only other person I knew who had embraced the technology.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada