HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 8:02 AM
PearlHelp.com

This is apart of the RiverScape master plan anyway? Perhaps he is saying its a dangerious time to develop? But these will be rentals anyway... They will lease. RiverScape does have a lot of inventory on the market, though.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 5:54 PM

I read yesterday that the 937 just sold its last unit. Maybe things are beginning to improve in the condo market??....??

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 7:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shilo Rune 96 View Post
This is apart of the RiverScape master plan anyway? Perhaps he is saying its a dangerious time to develop? But these will be rentals anyway... They will lease. RiverScape does have a lot of inventory on the market, though.
I know several people who are looking at suing if these go any further that bought in the condos at Riverscape. I've been told by a few people they were guaranteed in writing that nothing of this scale could be built at that location.

I like it, but I can see it leading to a mess of lawsuits that won't help anyone.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehogan View Post
I know several people who are looking at suing if these go any further that bought in the condos at Riverscape. I've been told by a few people they were guaranteed in writing that nothing of this scale could be built at that location.

I like it, but I can see it leading to a mess of lawsuits that won't help anyone.

Why though? Like what's the big deal?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 7:02 PM

Quote:

It is a bit odd as buildings this size in these locations were on all the renderings of Riverscape, so seems like it would have been expected.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 3:41 AM
Karma Police

Quote:

That's highly unlikely. Those people are lying to you. Nobody buying in the Pearl is guaranteed a view because there is so much development happening so quickly. If somebody honestly believes that a vacant lot on the riverfront (zoned for multi-family housing) is going to stay vacant forever, they're just delusional. In fact, real estate agents and developers in the Pearl specifically DO NOT guarantee views for that very reason.

How can the owners of the Riverscape guarantee that nothing will be built near them unless they own every vacant lot in the neighborhood? They can't.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2012, 10:04 PM

There is a proposal for a full block 5 story mixed use building 228 NE Broadway on the design Commission agenda. The site is currently occupied by a couple of older, neglected two-story buildings. The project would be along the new streetcar line, so maybe it is already starting to bare fruit. Or, maybe the eastside's time has finally arrived. With all the new projects being proposed for the area it really seems that the Lloyd District is about to go through some major changes.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 4:52 PM
A before E

Good to see the Conway property moving forward....though I am still annoyed with the need to tear down perfectly good buildings on 23rd....I liked that bar

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 5:00 PM

I feel like this is a 'you have to break eggs to make omelettes' kind of a situation. Plus, Lompoc are going to be a tenant in the new building.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Good to see the Conway property moving forward....though I am still annoyed with the need to tear down perfectly good buildings on 23rd....I liked that bar

Just to be clear on the Old Lompoc site, that was not owned by Con-way. That is a totally seperate development. The other 1/2 of the block, that was parking, is the formerly Con-way owned lot.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 7:07 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow View Post
Is it me or does the rendering look way out of scale compared to the adjacent house? Not a fan of ribbon windows and the lack of detail. Cheap metal panels fill in the blanks and could have ill results.
The house next door, or actually three unit building, was also designed by Colab. I am guessing materials will be pretty similar to what the building next to it has.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2012, 7:21 PM

Old Posted Aug 15, 2012, 1:47 PM

new plans for remodeling the stadium fred meyer

(for some reason, i had to actually download this pdf; it wouldn't open in chrome)

Old Posted Aug 15, 2012, 3:55 PM

^That is a massive redevelopment for that store!

Old Posted Aug 15, 2012, 5:43 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

I thought they announced a major redevelopment of that store in March of last year. I still have a link to the article about it, but the link no longer works.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2012, 5:38 AM
PearlHelp.com

Old Posted Aug 16, 2012, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
I thought they announced a major redevelopment of that store in March of last year. I still have a link to the article about it, but the link no longer works.
Yes, they did, but they have improved (in my opinion) them. It is a slightly bigger development now.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2012, 6:51 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

Well, it sounds like it's good news. I hope it happens. I assumed the previous plans from over a year ago were well underway. I guess not - but like you said, this sounds like it's an improvement.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2012, 7:32 PM

It will happen. Don't worry about that.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2012, 1:25 PM

Yeah, they have to compete with the new City Target!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland