HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 1:08 AM

Early, you say? Last three P3 ring road legs:

Henday NE - finished at the last second
Stoney SE - finished 6 weeks late
Henday NW - finished at the last second

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
Early, you say? Last three P3 ring road legs:

Henday NE - finished at the last second
Stoney SE - finished 6 weeks late
Henday NW - finished at the last second
I read that as "early relative to the 2022 land transfer deadline". If I'm remembering correctly the portion through TTN is supposed to be done in 2020 according to the P3 contract (2021 for the rest).

Also I don't think it's been posted here yet, aerial images from September are up on the SWCRR site:

http://www.swcrrproject.com/media-centre/photo-gallery/

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 2:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.r View Post
I read that as "early relative to the 2022 land transfer deadline". If I'm remembering correctly the portion through TTN is supposed to be done in 2020 according to the P3 contract (2021 for the rest).

Also I don't think it's been posted here yet, aerial images from September are up on the SWCRR site:

It's clear he was talking about the construction of the road--the entire thing.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 3:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
It's clear he was talking about the construction of the road--the entire thing.
I agree - just trying to say that I'm reading his comments as a guarantee to be ahead of the May 2022 schedule/deadline, and not necessarily ahead of the P3 contract schedule dates.

Quote:
Under the agreement between the Tsuut’ina Nation and the former Progressive Conservative government that allowed the ring road to go ahead, the project must be completed by May 2022 or the land ceded by the Tsuut’ina will revert to the First Nation, which would also keep its $340-million payment from the province.

In question period, Mason faced demands for a guarantee from United Conservative Party MLA Wayne Drysdale that the ring road will be completed in time, given that a pending Environmental Appeals Board decision could affect construction.

“Not only will I promise . . . that it will be finished on time, I promise that we will finish it ahead of schedule,” Mason said to applause from the government benches.

Mason has previously said he hoped to have work completed by 2021.

Last edited by jeremy.r; Nov 10, 2017 at 2:47 PM. Reason: Added quote from article

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 4:53 AM

Oct 1, 2020 for the Glen to Fish Creek portion, Oct 1, 2021 for the balance. For anything to stretch into 2022 would mean catastrophic late fees unless some extension is granted as a result of the environmental bullshit; so I was under the assumption he's talking about the deadlines that must be met to not result in massive fees to the contractor. 10/1/21 is the finish date, and the balance until the TTN deadline is a buffer.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.r View Post

Awesome, thanks for sharing that!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure