HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 4:26 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Sleep Country signage is now going up at the old Swiss Chalet location at Champlain Place

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Sleep Country signage is now going up at the old Swiss Chalet location at Champlain Place
I had noticed they where prepping the site Yesterday, and also noticed 2 for lease signs go up in the same strip both look like smaller locations but I think they may find it hard to keep tenants with Demolition looming over the horizon.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 6:33 PM

With the rumors they may tear down that strip mall, and I thought also the other one where Goji's/Stile used to be (who knows anymore), I think they should consider leaving space on the Sears frontage on Champlain/Main St. for a restaurant. The mall isn't exactly swimming in potential tenants these days so having a restaurant could bring in people and fill some of the void. There's been rumors of a restaurant for a while now but nothing seems to come out of them. Looking at the states for example, The Cheesecake Factory is usually attached to malls and it brings in a huge crowd where the long waits can only benefit the stores.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2017, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
With the rumors they may tear down that strip mall, and I thought also the other one where Goji's/Stile used to be (who knows anymore), I think they should consider leaving space on the Sears frontage on Champlain/Main St. for a restaurant. The mall isn't exactly swimming in potential tenants these days so having a restaurant could bring in people and fill some of the void. There's been rumors of a restaurant for a while now but nothing seems to come out of them. Looking at the states for example, The Cheesecake Factory is usually attached to malls and it brings in a huge crowd where the long waits can only benefit the stores.
I think what happends with Champlain Place is that they will have to go back on there no longer wanting a Restaurant in the Mall as when Don Cherries had moved from the mall to 200 Champlain Street. This seem to be there reasoning behind the construction wall going up, and them starting on deviding the old space before they even had tenants in. Now it seems that the old Tommy Hilfiger store could fit a restaurant maybe once the curent tenants move back to the other side of the mall after Christmas. But we will have to see After that.

I think what will hurt the mall the most will be the inpending closure of Sears Some shopping centres there Sears stores either had a smaller footprint, or They had tenants already selected, and where quick into dividing there store to make it easy for new tenants. But not sure Cadillac Fairview has a Tenant, or tenants in place for the Sears, and the old Sears Garage.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:13 AM

Update on the list of non existant shopping centres list in the GMA

Despite both having been deleted turrn out the original poster had actually apoligised it was a weird attempt at Boosting Moncton, and its suronding areas by making it seem as if we had more going on then we did at the time.

I guess they thought it would boost the amount of people wanting to live in Moncton therefore expanding Greater Moncton's Housing construction, and sale of home Pushing Comercial development, and with Moncton, and surounding area having the reputation of being hard working push up the job market as well. So I take it the post was originally posted, and reposted with the original post being put up while NB was seeing citizens leaving for what seemed to be greener pastures, and reposted as Developers seemed stuck as they where building more homes then what was needed at the time.

Personaly I think it's a eird way to go about it since people could check Updatem maps that Usually get updated often enough that people would know that things on the list din't exist.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:44 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I vaguely recall the post you are referring to.

I'm not sure why you're bringing it up again. The post was discredited at the time, was made a long time ago (at least six months if not longer) and I'm sure everyone has since forgotten about it.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:51 AM

when it comes to CF Champlain there must be a way for Cadilac Fairview can rejuvenate the mall and bring in new stuff in the GMA. I like the fact that Bass Pro Shop is in Moncton but i wish that we could have more regional retailers here rather than drive down to Halifax.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces