HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Trinity Place Building [B] in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 27, 2007, 1:39 AM

Moonstar-I eat there sometimes

You get what you pay (stuff isn't super high quality like they claim). Lots of selection though and its decent food. Sort of an Asian seafood version of a Las Vegas buffet

Worth a try. We used to go there for lunch. They have another one in Daly City.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2007, 8:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco_Zig View Post
You get what you pay (stuff isn't super high quality like they claim). Lots of selection though and its decent food. Sort of an Asian seafood version of a Las Vegas buffet

Worth a try. We used to go there for lunch. They have another one in Daly City.
We need more of these places downtown. Too many high end fluffy restaurants (which most are exquisite, don't get me wrong), but not enough of this middle of the road type stuff for a good deal. That's where the real money is made, especially from tourists and young bachelors like me (which the city never has a low supply of).

Old Posted Sep 3, 2007, 3:20 AM
BANNED

^^^Try the Chinese place on the west side of Second St between Market and Mission--but go early (big lines after 11:45 or so).

I miss the international food court on 3rd, also between Market and Mission (it's now a CA Pizza Kitchen ).

Old Posted Sep 3, 2007, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
^^^Try the Chinese place on the west side of Second St between Market and Mission--but go early (big lines after 11:45 or so).

I miss the international food court on 3rd, also between Market and Mission (it's now a CA Pizza Kitchen ).
Have you tried the international food court at the Westfield Mall? Its very good in terms of quality and variety. Its also easy on the pocketbook. It may be pricey compared to most mall food courts, but its definitely a lot cheaper than most restaurants in the area.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2007, 4:03 PM
Sonoma Strong

i hate to spoil the fun, but stop talking about food
we all know sf has about a gazillion good places to eat

i want to know about trinity (nooo, this isnt the matrix), i mean the buildings!!

Old Posted Sep 4, 2007, 3:20 AM

We Lose them by the month

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post
We need more of these places downtown. Too many high end fluffy restaurants (which most are exquisite, don't get me wrong), but not enough of this middle of the road type stuff for a good deal. That's where the real money is made, especially from tourists and young bachelors like me (which the city never has a low supply of).

I read the Port Authority is dicking around the Java Hut.

Mostly change is good but I agree with you that the downtown is a no go area for good cheap eats now

Old Posted Sep 4, 2007, 3:24 AM

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Have you tried the international food court at the Westfield Mall? Its very good in terms of quality and variety. Its also easy on the pocketbook. It may be pricey compared to most mall food courts, but its definitely a lot cheaper than most restaurants in the area.
Good point. It sort of reminds me of the food courts you see in Asian malls (though of course smaller) and it totally worth the extra couple bucks

I like how they did it.

If you are going to do a mall (which most of I think agree we are at best lukewarm about) in SF do it 100% and try to mimic Hong Kong and places that have urban malls down. I'm glad it doesn't remind me of malls in Daly City

Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 7:30 PM
BANNED

Any progress on this? ? I was in this area a few weeks ago and noticed catepillars and machinery sitting behind the site, but I didn't see any other signs of demolition or construction. When are they moving everybody out and tearing down the Moonstar?

And does anybody know what the new name of this community will be?

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 5:54 AM
BANNED

This is a view down Grove Street in Civic Center, which will be forever changed once this highly anticipated project is completed.
You can see the currently Trinity Apartments at the end, which will be replaced by the Morphosis housing complex.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 6:00 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Any progress on this? ? I was in this area a few weeks ago and noticed catepillars and machinery sitting behind the site, but I didn't see any other signs of demolition or construction. When are they moving everybody out and tearing down the Moonstar?
They are going to do the project in phases, starting with the building on Mission which is the tallest of the 3. The moonstar, therefore, will be around a while. It's in the last building to be torn down. I assume what they'll do is move people from the Mission end of the building into the Moonstar building, then once the new building on Mission is built, move everybody into that and tear down the rest. When they are going to start, I couldn't say but I did post photos of what appeared to be test pilings (that was the equipment you saw).

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 3:26 PM

Quote:
This is a view down Grove Street in Civic Center, which will be forever changed once this highly anticipated project is completed.
You can see the currently Trinity Apartments at the end, which will be replaced by the Morphosis housing complex.

I wish they would do something with the block across from the library. Ditto with the PGE susbstation across from the Asian Art Museum. Civic Center Plaza was meant to be the city's most beautiful square...

Last edited by nequidnimis; Oct 12, 2007 at 5:54 PM.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2007, 6:12 PM
designer&stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nequidnimis View Post
I wish they would do something with the block across from the library. Ditto with the PGE susbstation across from the Asian Art Museum. Civic Center Plaza was meant to be the city's most beautiful square...
Frankly, I think the whole Civic Center Plaza itself needs to be remodeled. Perhaps someday the area can return to a grand public space again. For example, http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/FindingA.../I0026095A.jpg
“Most planning of the past fifteen years has been based upon three destructive fallacies: the cataclysmic insists upon tearing everything down in order to design from an absolutely clean slate; the automotive would plan for the free passage of the automobile at the expense of all other values; the suburban dislikes the city anyway and would just as soon destroy its density and strew it across the countryside.” Vince Scully

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 6:31 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Civic Center Plaza was meant to be the city's most beautiful square...
Are you quoting somebody serious, or just philosophizing? Sure is pretty far from most beautiful anything once you get into UN Plaza, with the brutal light posts and bums bumb my GYAWD the bums!

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 9:27 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKidD View Post
Frankly, I think the whole Civic Center Plaza itself needs to be remodeled. Perhaps someday the area can return to a grand public space again. For example, http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/FindingA.../I0026095A.jpg
Sure doesn't live up to the plastic children's playground we have centered there today!

The parking garage adds another touch of class

Last edited by tyler82; Oct 13, 2007 at 5:56 PM.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 9:32 PM
designer&stuff

Quote:
Sure doesn't live up to the plastic children's playground we have centered there today!

The parking garage adds another touch of class
The parking garage entrances are probably some of the worst I have seen. They are too big and frankly stand out too much. Now, the ones at Union Square fit pretty well into their surroundings in my opinion.
“Most planning of the past fifteen years has been based upon three destructive fallacies: the cataclysmic insists upon tearing everything down in order to design from an absolutely clean slate; the automotive would plan for the free passage of the automobile at the expense of all other values; the suburban dislikes the city anyway and would just as soon destroy its density and strew it across the countryside.” Vince Scully

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Are you quoting somebody serious, or just philosophizing? Sure is pretty far from most beautiful anything once you get into UN Plaza, with the brutal light posts and bums bumb my GYAWD the bums!
It certainly was the planner's intent. I'll grant you it just shows urban renewal flopped even before planners engaged in it large scale in the 60's.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2007, 10:37 PM
designer&stuff

Quote:
It certainly was the planner's intent. I'll grant you it just shows urban renewal flopped even before planners engaged in it large scale in the 60's.
It would be very interesting if they reinstated some of the streets that the UN Plaza cut off. Although I don't see that happening anytime. Also, here's an interesting photo of the City's wealth in the early 20th century:
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/FindingA.../I0026115A.jpg
And the album that's contained in:
http://content.cdlib.org/view?docId=...on=1&brand=oac

In regard to the Trinity Plaza, I hope construction starts soon.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 4:31 PM

Trinity Plaza to break ground soon

Good news this morning.

From Socketsite.com:

"The first phase of [Trinity Plaza] construction, some 440 units on the Mission Street side of the property, includes 360 "replacement" studios to house the rent-control tenants now living in the Trinity rental complex. The remaining 80 units will feature one-bedrooms: 68 market-rate and 12 below-market rate. The address of the first building will be 1188 Mission St.

[Trinity Properties Chief Financial Officer Walter Schmidt] said shoring and excavation will begin shortly and take the project into 2008 when the "pile and foundation program" will start. Trinity officials estimate that it will take two years to finish the first phase and move existing tenants over.

In all, the project will include four phases. After 1188 Mission St. is completed, the next building will be 545 units on Market Street, which will include 21,000 square feet of retail space and a large public plaza allowing pedestrians to pass through from Mission to Market Street.

The final building phase will add 915 units and include a building along Eighth Street and another west of the 1188 Mission St. structure."

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 5:01 PM

Yippie.... I am very much interested in seeing what kind of changes this project will bring about in the Civic Center Area, and how it will end up looking after it's complete.

Does anyone know if 21,000 square feet of retail is the total for the entire project, or will there be more?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2007, 5:12 PM
BANNED

Socketsite always gets to the BizTimes before I do but here's the original:

Quote:
Friday, November 9, 2007
Massive excavation to begin at Trinity Plaza
San Francisco Business Times - by J.K. Dineen

Angelo Sangiacomo is about to start digging at Trinity Plaza.

After a six-year entitlement battle, the Mid-Market apartment owner is gearing up to break ground on phase one of what will eventually be a 1,900-apartment complex on a windswept stretch of Market Street, according to Trinity Properties Chief Financial Officer Walter Schmidt.

"We are close to getting started," said Schmidt.

Trinity has hired Cannon Construction to build the massive San Francisco project, which was designed by the Miami-based Arquitectonica, the firm behind Tishman Speyer's Infinity complex on Rincon Hill.

The complex was approved on April 10, after years of negotiations between Trinity developer Angelo Sangiacomo, rent control advocates, current Trinity tenants, and District 6 Supervisor Chris Daly.

The first phase of construction, some 440 units on the Mission Street side of the property, includes 360 "replacement" studios to house the rent-control tenants now living in the Trinity rental complex. The remaining 80 units will feature one-bedrooms: 68 market-rate and 12 below-market rate. The address of the first building will be 1188 Mission St.

Schmidt said shoring and excavation will begin shortly and take the project into 2008 when the "pile and foundation program" will start. Trinity officials estimate that it will take two years to finish the first phase and move existing tenants over.

In all, the project will include four phases. After 1188 Mission St. is completed, the next building will be 545 units on Market Street, which will include 21,000 square feet of retail space and a large public plaza allowing pedestrians to pass through from Mission to Market Street.

The final building phase will add 915 units and include a building along Eighth Street and another west of the 1188 Mission St. structure.

jkdineen@bizjournals.com / (415) 288-4971
Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...12/story7.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive