HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #12061  
Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 5:29 PM
muertecaza muertecaza is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Wish I would've taken a photo of the list, hard to remember locations beyond a few. Glad that APS seems to be going a friendlier route by the community's concern instead of just eminent domain and plopping one wherever suits them.
Here is coverage with a picture of the list:

https://downtowndevil.com/2018/03/15...blic-response/

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12062  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 6:41 PM
haux's Avatar
haux haux is offline
Rising into view
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Downtown Phoenix
Posts: 119
How about some nighttime construction photos?


The Stewart is up to the 10th floor and climbing. Sometimes the "UEB" is lit on the crane, and sometimes it's not. Same goes for those three spotlights.


I finally caught the Hampton Inn with its lights on.


The lights on the cranes at Block 23 are a bit strange.
__________________
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12063  
Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 6:52 PM
vwwolfe vwwolfe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by haux View Post
How about some nighttime construction photos?


The lights on the cranes at Block 23 are a bit strange.
They put them on there to celebrate the Suns 50th Anniversary
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12064  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2018, 3:37 AM
haux's Avatar
haux haux is offline
Rising into view
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Downtown Phoenix
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwwolfe View Post
They put them on there to celebrate the Suns 50th Anniversary
That rules. I hope they don't do what the Suns do and collapse.
__________________
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12065  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 2:12 AM
combusean's Avatar
combusean combusean is offline
Skyriser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Parkmerced, San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,149
From DVC's facebook:

Quote:

In December 2017, the Phoenix City Council authorized the implementation of an unsolicited development proposal process. The City is hosting a community briefing to share information about this process and a general overview of an unsolicited development proposal received for City-owned property along 3rd Street between Van Buren and Jefferson Streets.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018
5pm-7pm
Phoenix City Council Chambers (round building)
200 W. Jefferson Street, Phoenix

You are invited to attend and learn more about this process.

Questions? Contact:

Gretchen Wolfe
Procurement Manager
City of Phoenix - Community and Economic Development
200 W Washington St., 20th Floor, Phoenix AZ 85003
P) 602-495-0747
gretchen.wolfe@phoenix.gov
phoenix.gov/econdev
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12066  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 2:30 AM
muertecaza muertecaza is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
From DVC's facebook:
Interesting. Maybe Collier Center?

EDIT: Nevermind, picture seems to indicate something at the convention center?

Last edited by muertecaza; Mar 20, 2018 at 2:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12067  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 3:52 AM
combusean's Avatar
combusean combusean is offline
Skyriser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Parkmerced, San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,149
Yeah, I have absolutely no idea what it could be.

These sorts of civic uses don't really attract private redevelopment.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12068  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 6:06 AM
Obadno Obadno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Interesting. Maybe Collier Center?

EDIT: Nevermind, picture seems to indicate something at the convention center?
You speak of pictures yet do not post them, nor post whatever the hell DVC Facebook is. Why?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12069  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 6:56 AM
combusean's Avatar
combusean combusean is offline
Skyriser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Parkmerced, San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,149
If there was something relevant, I would have included it in my original post.

It's literally just a cheap map of the affected area. I figured most people knew where 3rd between Jefferson and Van Buren was.

https://www.facebook.com/DowntownVoices/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12070  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 2:40 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
If there was something relevant, I would have included it in my original post.

It's literally just a cheap map of the affected area. I figured most people knew where 3rd between Jefferson and Van Buren was.

https://www.facebook.com/DowntownVoices/
Seems like three options, colliers, the south convention building the empty corner adjacent to herberger
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12071  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 5:36 PM
RonnieFoos RonnieFoos is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Interesting. Maybe Collier Center?

EDIT: Nevermind, picture seems to indicate something at the convention center?
Maybe it's the Pin!
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12072  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 5:54 PM
mdpx's Avatar
mdpx mdpx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Maybe it's the Pin!

__________________
You want your mind blown? Seinfeld ended 21 years ago.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12073  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 6:19 PM
muertecaza muertecaza is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Maybe it's the Pin!
Mention of the Pin got me looking at Novawest's site. I wasn't aware of a pre-crash concept they had to build a "sliver" building in the setback of the Arizona Republic garage off Taylor. Would be much happier about that being revived than the Pin. Would have been cool.

http://www.novawestventures.com/proj...taylor-street/

http://www.novawestventures.com/wp-c...gn-4-13-07.pdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12074  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 6:29 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Mention of the Pin got me looking at Novawest's site. I wasn't aware of a pre-crash concept they had to build a "sliver" building in the setback of the Arizona Republic garage off Taylor. Would be much happier about that being revived than the Pin. Would have been cool.

http://www.novawestventures.com/proj...taylor-street/

http://www.novawestventures.com/wp-c...gn-4-13-07.pdf
Wow that would have been awsome
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12075  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 10:15 PM
RonnieFoos RonnieFoos is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Wow that would have been awsome
It's amazing how many of these great projects slip through the cracks and no one seems to notice them or they don't get selected over a bland design. I found a rendering this morning for a tower on the NE corner of Columbus and Central Ave that I've never seen before that was dated back to 2005. It would have been great for that corner and was something other than a box.

I hope with this new round of latest developments coming out, Phoenix actually approves and approves some good designs.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12076  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 10:28 PM
dtnphx dtnphx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
It's amazing how many of these great projects slip through the cracks and no one seems to notice them or they don't get selected over a bland design. I found a rendering this morning for a tower on the NE corner of Columbus and Central Ave that I've never seen before that was dated back to 2005. It would have been great for that corner and was something other than a box.

I hope with this new round of latest developments coming out, Phoenix actually approves and approves some good designs.
I remember that project. It was Sky something. Blue and white, very modern towers.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12077  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 10:32 PM
dtnphx dtnphx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,027
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12078  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 11:38 PM
combusean's Avatar
combusean combusean is offline
Skyriser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Parkmerced, San Francisco, California
Posts: 5,149
I'll bet a shiny new nickel that the 3rd St development is something akin to a Fremont Street Experience: some giant video and advertising ceiling that doubles as a shade structure and would appeal to a bunch of out-of-towners at the Convention Center. Wouldn't cost that much money or detract from the civic uses there.

They turn that stretch of 3rd St into a pedestrian mall and stock it with retail and food kiosks and that sorta thing to monetize some space that otherwise can't easily be rented out.

It's the only thing that makes sense, really.

Last edited by combusean; Mar 20, 2018 at 11:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12079  
Old Posted Mar 21, 2018, 4:34 PM
RonnieFoos RonnieFoos is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtnphx View Post
It's amazing the Pin was dropped all together. A different location such as Hance Park and a little bit of tweaking to the design and a little more height would have made this work. We could use a good observation tower. Not everyone wants to or can't hike up a mountain for a nice view of the city.

Quote:
I'll bet a shiny new nickel that the 3rd St development is something akin to a Fremont Street Experience: some giant video and advertising ceiling that doubles as a shade structure and would appeal to a bunch of out-of-towners at the Convention Center. Wouldn't cost that much money or detract from the civic uses there.

They turn that stretch of 3rd St into a pedestrian mall and stock it with retail and food kiosks and that sorta thing to monetize some space that otherwise can't easily be rented out.

It's the only thing that makes sense, really.
I would be ok with this. I just happen to be staying at Fremont Street next weekend. I can't wait. I love Fremont Street.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12080  
Old Posted Mar 21, 2018, 7:20 PM
Phxguy Phxguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 574
https://azbigmedia.com/attraction-co...izonas-hotels/

Some coverage on the booming hotel trend we've been seeing with a nice overview of some venues to come.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:37 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.