Posted: Jun 27, 2012, 1:39 PM
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: §¡კ₪@דч®ɛ€...۩™ -> աաա
BUILDING REQUEST FORM
Official sources: http://www.stadtwiki-goerlitz.de/ind...le=Dom_Kultury
Building Name: Municipal Culture House
Native Name: Miejski Dom Kultury
Other Names: Culture House Zgorzelec
Street Address: Parkowa 1 PL-59-900 dolnośląskie
Postal Code: 59-900
State/Province: Low Selesian
Country: Polska - Poland
Official Building Website URL: http://www.mdk.zgorzelec.com/php/ind...d=13&Itemid=27
Wikipedia.org URL: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberlausitzer_Ruhmeshalle
Skyscrapers.com (Emporis.com) URL:
CTBUH.org URL :
Interesting Facts/Records (in own words):
• Architect: Hugo Behra
• The assumption was to be a monument to the memory of the dead in 1888, two emperors: William I and Frederick III.
• Górnołużycka Hall of Fame and Museum (the name wore the object) was financed by contributions from the inhabitants of Upper Lusatia.
• Was opened by Kaiser Wilhelm II on 28 November 1902. The opening of the museum, whose organization was started in April 1903., Held on 1 June 1904.
• The building, of today's Municipal Culture House, is a central building linking the historic character of the building and monument. Dome with a height of 42 m, which culminates in the imperial crown, coat the outside of the main room of the building - Hall of Fame right.
• The outer coat of the facade is composed of two groups of sculptures by Hugo Lederer in Berlin. On the left side of the stairs there is a picture of the war, over which provides relief of the "horrors of war." On the right side - a room with relief, "the blessings of peace." Located between the two friezes depict scenes of homage Germania by Southern and Northern Germany. The author of the R.Schnauder from Dresden. He is also author: Sculpture Victoria - over the top, Art and History on the front side. Four large emblems placed on the facade of a side show: trade and shipping, industry, arts and crafts and agriculture.
• Hall - Hall of Fame:
- The amount of light is ok.21m, plan view of a square of side ok.19 m
- Opposite the entrance to the hall were made of white marble statues of the first two German emperors: the Great and Frederick William III, height of 3 m each, by prof. Pfuhla from Berlin (today - a mirror). The stained background of the niche is emerging out of the imperial sun with golden rays. On the right and left of the group of imperial resting on marble pedestals cast in bronze insignia of imperial power.
- Leading to the niche of the imperial marble stairs are wide on both sides of sandstone balustrades, decorated with reliefs of the favorite flowers of both emperors - cornflowers, and violets. Two powerful incumbent on the model of the Egyptian sphinxes lionesses, the national guard of holiness.
- The domed room, standing in front of the six pillars of dźwigającymi gallery, the German princes federal busts made of Carrara marble, namely the stairs to the left: King John Saxon, Grand Duke of Baden Frederick, Prince Louis II of Bavaria, on the right: King Albert of Saxony, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg - Schwerin Frederick Francis II, Charles King of Württemberg.
- In the middle of the stairs leading to upper floor, on both sides of the imperial niche has been found for two large bronze reliefs by Hugo Lederer, on the left - "Wisdom and Strength" on the right - "Freedom and Justice". On the first floor above the door ornaments partly made of sandstone: in the form of a cartridge and an imperial crown, "a fantasy and mysterious truth of art".
- In front of the niche emperors are three large niches, which looked huge statues of the great paladins: Bismarck, Moltke and Roon.
• Floor-to-floor height:
Coordinates (with decimal fraction): 51° 8′ 49,5″ N, 15° 0′ 8,8″ O
PLEASE PROVIDE SOURCES FOR HEIGHTS, OTHERWISE WE WILL ASSUME THEY ARE ESTIMATES AND HEIGHTS NOT BE SHOWN.
- spire: 42m
- top floor:
- other heights: Ruhmeshalle 21m high
Current Building Status (Built, Proposed, Cancelled, Destroyed, etc...): Built
- started: 1898
- finished: 1902
Above ground floors: 3
Below ground floors: 1
Gross Floor area:
Structure Type(s): Lowrise
Building Use(s): Theater, Monument
Building Style(s): Barroque
Building Materials: Concrete, Glass, Copper, Steel, Mansonry
CITY REQUEST FORM
City Name: Zgorzelec
Native Name: łac
State/Province: Lower Silesian
Population Source & Year: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zgorzelec 2010
The importance of a man is how huge his toys are