HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 11:28 PM
I Rise Again

National Basketball League of Canada 2018-19

Well here it is folks! We have a QMJHL thread so here is the NBLC one to match! The Moncton Magic home opener is tomorrow and I will be here with my family to watch and support. Hopefully we can give these teams some support and help them be successful as well.

So here is the website for those who want to know more. http://nblcanada.ca/landing/index

Moncton has won both of their exhibition games and their first regular season game! It will be interesting to see Saint John's in the mix as they are missing in the QMJHL. Every atlantic province is represented in the league and we will see our teams playing against Ontario based teams rather than Quebec based teams.

Last edited by MonctonianSentinel01; Nov 17, 2018 at 12:21 AM.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2018, 1:06 AM
I Rise Again

Here is the Youtube channel for NBLC.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNBLcanadalive
Here is the Moncton Magic Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdr...xS_PPPcZLBHLtw
I'll post more tomorrow just after tomorrow night's game. I think that this year Moncton has a decent roster.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2018, 5:31 AM

I'll be there at my court side seat! This will be my second ever NBL game. First game was a couple of years ago at the Coliseum. Wasn't there to watch the game but rather to take photos. I hate basketball. But...

Come to find out that the game and atmosphere is fast pace, exciting and entertaining. I told myself I must go again. So here I am two years later and ready to watch another game court side!!! I'll post pics on Sunday.

Game photo from 2 yrs ago at the dreadful Coliseum.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2018, 7:09 PM

Hoping to see a big crowd out for the home opener... the Avenir Centre is a fantastic arena. I've been there for two Wildcats games already, can't wait to see the Magic play.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2018, 7:27 PM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodiacCanuck View Post
Hoping to see a big crowd out for the home opener... the Avenir Centre is a fantastic arena. I've been there for two Wildcats games already, can't wait to see the Magic play.
Same, I can't wait for this game tonight. Hope you enjoy it and anyone else reading, enjoy!

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 2:32 AM
I Rise Again

Well I must say that I thought the game was great. I loved seeing the Magic play. It was also my first time seeing our team play and seeing a professional basketball game. Moncton won over Halifax 104-78.
The crowd is definitely different that the wildcats games for sure. Not really any hecklers lol. I thought there were quite a few people dressed up actually. Not as many concession stands open. But there enough open for the amount of people that were there. Goji's wasn't open though. No troubles for the lines to get in obviously. The court seemed really nice and they had opening performances and half-time performances by Dance Chaos which were a nice touch. The music played during the performances went well with the music that played during the games.
Total attendance for the night was 1578. I'm really hoping that this season will see attendance grow.
Unfortunately I'm new to posting pictures so when I figure out how to do that, I'll post them here tomorrow!

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonianSentinel01 View Post
Well I must say that I thought the game was great. I loved seeing the Magic play. It was also my first time seeing our team play and seeing a professional basketball game. Moncton won over Halifax 104-78.
The crowd is definitely different that the wildcats games for sure. Not really any hecklers lol. I thought there were quite a few people dressed up actually. Not as many concession stands open. But there enough open for the amount of people that were there. Goji's wasn't open though. No troubles for the lines to get in obviously. The court seemed really nice and they had opening performances and half-time performances by Dance Chaos which were a nice touch. The music played during the performances went well with the music that played during the games.
Total attendance for the night was 1578. I'm really hoping that this season will see attendance grow.
Unfortunately I'm new to posting pictures so when I figure out how to do that, I'll post them here tomorrow!
Goji's was open. Only 1 side of the line though..it was probably 30 people deep when I walked by. In terms of attendance I think they are a franchise that needs a championship..or at least a run to the finals to garner up some interest.

Its a difficult league to maintain interest because there is such a high turnover rate, but if they can put out a winning team this season I could see them getting a nice bump over 2000 fans per game. The good news for them is all of the floor seats behind the nets and the courtside seats were full & those are marked up significantly higher.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 2:57 AM

I was at the game tonight had a great time . It was only my 2 time watching them and still impressed me like the first time

The atmosphere is like no other , for a 1/4 size crowd compared to the cats game it seems more loud ,energetic and more into it .

It was my first time using the box office tonight(NEVER AGAIN) , usually I use my phone . It was So chaotic in that small room . I literally had to take over and tell people how to line up properly so the line can move efficiently like we're the common sense people .

On another note Goji must of made a killing tonight ,pretty sure the whole arena was in the line up at one point to get a treat lol

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbilly View Post
I was at the game tonight had a great time . It was only my 2 time watching them and still impressed me like the first time

The atmosphere is like no other , for a 1/4 size crowd compared to the cats game it seems more loud ,energetic and more into it .
I agree 100%. This was also my 2nd game and will definitely be back. Pretty sure I saw the Mayor Dawn Arnold on the Kiss Cam tonight.

$17 will get you in the door and a seat. You can't go wrong with that! I paid $40 for my court side, worth it for that one time. Bowl seats are also great viewing, but you definitely want to get close to the action.

Here's a few pics from my iPhone.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 2:58 PM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Goji's was open. Only 1 side of the line though..it was probably 30 people deep when I walked by. In terms of attendance I think they are a franchise that needs a championship..or at least a run to the finals to garner up some interest.

Its a difficult league to maintain interest because there is such a high turnover rate, but if they can put out a winning team this season I could see them getting a nice bump over 2000 fans per game. The good news for them is all of the floor seats behind the nets and the courtside seats were full & those are marked up significantly higher.
Never seen Goji's open, I walked by late when they were probably closed, my bad! It's true they'll probably need a championship run but I think the high turn over rate is just because of the league starting and trying to get everything settled. For instance they have already changed the name of the Moncton team and the Halifax team. There was a Niagara Falls team and now they're in London. Also Sudbury 5 is a new team. It'll be a while before things settle.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 3:01 PM
I Rise Again

[QUOTE=Budyser;8382992]I agree 100%. This was also my 2nd game and will definitely be back. Pretty sure I saw the Mayor Dawn Arnold on the Kiss Cam tonight.

I will definitely be back as well. Also you did see the mayor on the kiss cam
TY for the pictures!

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 5:10 PM

Moncton Magic stated on their YouTube channel that attendance, including luxury boxes, was 1,628 last night. I was expecting that a Saturday night regular season opener would have gone over 2,000. It looks like we have a really talented team this year, hopefully more wins will put more fans in the seats.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 6:43 PM

I really like the "Hub City" jersey the Magic is using for today's game. Taking a page from the NBA City Edition theme.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 7:00 PM
I Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodiacCanuck View Post
I really like the "Hub City" jersey the Magic is using for today's game. Taking a page from the NBA City Edition theme.
Yeah bud! I'm watching it right now, even though I just took my family to see The Grinch movie and we couldn't make the 2pm start, I am liking those jerseys! I'd buy one for sure .

Old Posted Nov 18, 2018, 8:30 PM
I Rise Again

Well Moncton won Cape Breton 118-110 today. That's 3 straight wins for the Magic! So now they go on a road trip to Saint John's to play them for 2 games before heading back home to play Cape Breton at home again.

Edit: 901 was the attendance for this game.

Last edited by MonctonianSentinel01; Nov 19, 2018 at 4:26 PM.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 12:07 AM
I Rise Again

For those who might want to watch what is left of the game tonight.
http://www.monctonmagic.ca/sports/mb...81123_892e.xml

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 1:13 AM
I Rise Again

Well final score, Magic 95 and Saint John's Edge 91. So that puts Moncton at a 4-0 record. Moncton plays the Edge again on Sunday afternoon at 3pm. The next will definately be even tighter than this one. The magic were up 15 points at one time during the 3rd quarter and the Edge closed the gap pretty good during the 4th quarter. Supposedly the Edge would be the one team (on paper) that could possibly win against the Magic because as far as stats and numbers are concerned they are pretty even.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 8:18 PM
I Rise Again

Moncton's playing against Saint John's today again in Newfoundland and it's now half time. Link for the game is here if anyone wants to watch.
http://www.monctonmagic.ca/sports/mb...81125_dmsc.xml
Moncton is up 60-48.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 9:20 PM
I Rise Again

Final score is 112-100 for the Moncton Magic over Saint John's Edge. That's a 5 game win streak for Moncton (7 including the 2 exhibition games). They are still 1st place in the league. Next game is in Moncton on Friday the 30th of November at 7pm against the Cape Breton Highlanders. There is also one on Saturday the 1st of December at 7pm against the Saint John's Edge. Both games of course at the Avenir Center.
Schedule= http://www.monctonmagic.ca/sports/mbkb/2018-19/schedule
Game results from today= http://www.monctonmagic.ca/sports/mb...?view=boxscore
League Standings= http://www.monctonmagic.ca/sports/mb...8-19/standings

Old Posted Nov 25, 2018, 9:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I'm so used to the mediocrity of the old Moncton Miracles that the newfound swagger of the Moncton Magic is a pleasant surprise.

I'll have to take in a game.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces