HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 2, 2018, 6:43 PM
Meh

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...other-big.html
Quote:
Austin real estate group proposes another big development in Nashville

By Adam Sichko – Senior Reporter, Nashville Business Journal
Mar 30, 2018, 11:39am

Austin-based Endeavor Real Estate Group, the company behind Domain Northside and other big projects close to home, is also very active in another up-and-coming U.S. market: downtown Nashville.

Construction is scheduled to begin in August on a 20-story office building — the first of three towers Endeavor is proposing for a project in an area of Nashville known as the Gulch.

A few blocks away, Endeavor is already busy with another Nashville project: it's building a 26-story tower at 1200 Broadway that will include 313 apartments, 65,000 square feet of office space and a Whole Foods Market. Bank of the Ozarks (Nasdaq: OZRK) provided the construction loan for the $120 million project.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2018, 10:03 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Thanks. I had reported on the office building, which is to be the first of the three to go up, but here is some more info on the entire development...

Old Posted Apr 2, 2018, 10:17 PM

As for the other Endeavor project, at 12th and Broadway, there are two new tower cranes up as the building is now rising fast.

More info....

Old Posted Apr 2, 2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Seems like Second Avenue Partners and One KVB Circle have gone silent.
My thoughts...

I think Second Avenue Partners is still tying up loose ends, including a lawsuit where they are claiming there was an agreement in place with the owner of an adjacent parking lot to purchase the lot and that he backed out. They want the lot so they can tie in to the Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge, but have plan B ready to go if they don't get it. I'm confident, for what it's worth, that the project will break ground this year.

As for One KVB....

...not much word, but there are currently nationally low(est) levels of office space available in Nashville and at least two international companies are looking for office space (Hankook and Philips) and Alliance Bernstein has shortlisted Nashville as a possible location for an office of 1,000 employees in 200,000 sf of office. There may be more inquiries behind the scenes. And, there are several other office buildings proposed also, so they must know something.
KVB is one of my favorite proposed projects, so I'm feeling optimistic.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 3, 2018 at 1:04 PM.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2018, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
My thoughts...

I think Second Avenue Partners is still tying up loose ends, including a lawsuit where they are claiming there was an agreement in place with the owner of an adjacent parking lot to purchase the lot and that he backed out. They want the lot so they can tie in to the Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge, but have plan B ready to go if they don't get it. I'm confident, for what it's worth, that the project will break ground this year.

As for One KVB....

...not much word, but there are currently nationally low(est) levels of office space available in Nashville and at least two international companies are looking for office space (Hankook and Philips) and Alliance Bernstein has shortlisted Nashville as a possible location for an office of 1,000 employees in 200,000 sf of office. There may be more inquiries behind the scenes. And, there are several other office buildings proposed also, so they must know something.
KVB is one of my favorite proposed projects, so I'm feeling optimistic.
That is a handsome tower.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2018, 7:41 PM

I'm really hoping the 2nd Ave Partners project gets started soon because I think it'll be the next catalyst towards buildings Nashville that are 40 stories and taller. While 505CST has had an impact on the skyline, I think the 2nd Ave. location will offer a better visual than 505CST in terms of the impact a 40+ story tower can have on the skyline. Simply because it's in SoBro and the spacing between towers allows for more visual prominence.

It's my hope that "egos" will begin to factor into the equation of future projects in terms of height... LOL!!! I wish the city would get into creating a challenge type atmosphere to encourage pushing the height of future developments higher. If developers really feel that energy from the city, they'll work to meet the challenge. When the 2nd Ave Partners project is underway, I won't be surprised if Tony G announces a new project that is 50-60 stories. Keep in mind he once stated that he wants to have the tallest building in Nashville. And, I think he still wants that "signature" tower that will be recognizable by the masses as the tallest building in Nashville if not the south if he can push it that far.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post

It's my hope that "egos" will begin to factor into the equation of future projects in terms of height...

I won't be surprised if Tony G announces a new project that is 50-60 stories. Keep in mind he once stated that he wants to have the tallest building in Nashville. And, I think he still wants that "signature" tower that will be recognizable by the masses as the tallest building in Nashville if not the south if he can push it that far.
There is some public chatter about this, but nothing conclusive regarding his intentions to build such a structure. My impression is that there is something developing behind the scenes.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 2:48 PM

Not a skyscraper...but more urban density for the SoBro District.

The Hyatt House project has completed excavation and has installed a crane base. It shold be rising very soon.

Hopefully, the room rates will be a little more affordable than some of the higher end hotels nearby even though it is just a couple of blocks from the convention center. At one time, in the very recent past, Nashville was determined to have the highest hotel rates in the nation.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2018, 3:34 PM

The Amazon HQ2 team was in Nashville last week and reportedly used the recently opened, 45 story 505CST residential building as the base for their meetings and discussions. The building is not heavily occupied, so they had some privacy and could see some of the potential (not yet revealed) locations from the building.

One blogger on Urban Planet who worked within site distance of the tower remarked about "hordes of well-dressed business men and women coming out of the building at very specific times of the day with several Maseratis and Bentleys lined up outside waiting for them".

It seems like an announcement may not be forthcoming until the end of the year per USA Today...

Quote:
So far, Amazon staff have visited about half, with more trips scheduled for April and beyond. The company plans to make a decision by Dec. 31, barring some huge upset, and once it's made, hiring in the anointed town will begin in 2019.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 9:47 PM

The Lifestyle Communities Apartment Building to start soon.

Looks like another South SoBro mid-rise project is about to start. All city business is taken care of and a construction trailer is located on the site.

(My enhanced card)

It looks to be a beautiful building, especially if the River North Apartments (shown below) built by LC in Columbus, Ohio are any indication of the attention to detail, materials and lighting.

Edit; The lot being prepped for construction will be the location of the two six story buildings that are attached to the larger project. Apparently the 10 story building shown above is not scheduled to start construction any time soon. There are no renderings of the low rises, but I would expect some nice architectural details.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 25, 2018 at 12:39 AM.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 11:49 PM

Based on the skyline pics and all of the towers either approved or under construction, Nashville has to be in the top 5 largest skylines in the southeast right?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusb View Post
Based on the skyline pics and all of the towers either approved or under construction, Nashville has to be in the top 5 largest skylines in the southeast right?
I would think so. Without starting a city vs. city conversation, I would think Nashville's strength in it's skyline is the breadth not height. There are at least 67 buildings 200 feet tall or taller existing, rising and planned for Nashville. The skyline stretches from 1st Avenue downtown to beyond Vanderbilt to 31st Avenue.

And it is strengthened by the fact that Nashville has a growing and thriving Midtown area with ever increasing urban density and mid-rise expansion.

The SoBro (South of Broadway) district has boomed with numerous skyscrapers existing and more giants (550') expected to start this year.

In a few years....

And it is in a nice setting...

And it's not always about the tall buildings, but sometimes it's about what buildings you have....

So yes, I would put it in the top five......thanks for asking.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 2:33 PM

Hmmmm... without really comparing, I would think the top five skylines in the southeast would be (not in order) ...

Atlanta
Miami
Charlotte
New Orleans
Ft. Lauderdale

Others that might be slightly larger or even with Nashville would be Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville. Although, as stated Nashville's mid-town tends to push the skyline further from the downtown core. I suspect it won't be long before that distinction is blurred even more and I-40 becomes the only thing that separates the two.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
The Lifestyle Communities Apartment Building to start soon.

Looks like another South SoBro mid-rise project is about to start. All city business is taken care of and a construction trailer is located on the site.

(My enhanced card)

It looks to be a beautiful building, especially if the River North Apartments (shown below) built by LC in Columbus, Ohio are any indication of the attention to detail, materials and lighting.

A couple recent photos of that Columbus building from

https://www.columbusunderground.com/...h-2018-pt1-we1

Should give you some sort of an idea on quality of materials. Be warned though. This building has taken LC over three years since ground breaking. Here they demolished an existing building, so it's been over four years since it was approved. Not saying it will be that lengthy for you guys, but it has for us. They're also building a twin here across the street that's one floor taller. It's inching along as well...

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 5:00 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Hmmmm... without really comparing, I would think the top five skylines in the southeast would be (not in order) ...

Atlanta
Miami
Charlotte
New Orleans
Ft. Lauderdale

Others that might be slightly larger or even with Nashville would be Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville. Although, as stated Nashville's mid-town tends to push the skyline further from the downtown core. I suspect it won't be long before that distinction is blurred even more and I-40 becomes the only thing that separates the two.
Not that it really means anything, but Id say that these days with all the new towers coming online and yet to come, Nashville's skyline is bigger (better is subjective of course) than New Orleans and every FL city except Miami, of course.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Apr 14, 2018, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aderwent View Post
A couple recent photos of that Columbus building from

https://www.columbusunderground.com/...h-2018-pt1-we1

Should give you some sort of an idea on quality of materials. Be warned though. This building has taken LC over three years since ground breaking. Here they demolished an existing building, so it's been over four years since it was approved. Not saying it will be that lengthy for you guys, but it has for us. They're also building a twin here across the street that's one floor taller. It's inching along as well...
Wow! Three years? I hope and would expect the Nashville project to proceed more quickly. LC built a nice building in the Germantown district recently with apparently no issues.

The link was fascinating; Columbus is building some beautiful buildings. It was interesting to read about the Buckingham projects. They recently opened the most incredible project next to Vanderbilt...The Aertson with a Kimpton Hotel.

They postponed the start of another beautiful 38 story project in the Gulch which I hope will be rescheduled soon.

In short, the LC building in SoBro is eagerly anticipated.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2018, 7:02 PM

Cool

Another week, another building news story....

From the Nashville Business Journal...SouthRock Ventures has purchased a parcel on land at 217 22nd Anenue North in Midtown Nashville across from St. Thomas Hospital for supposedly, but not confirmed a hotel of yet to be revealed size and brand. This would be third recent hotel project in this densely growing area of Midtown.

My crude, unofficial diagram for only the purpose of showing the location of the lot. I have no inside information.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 23, 2018 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Per Comments below

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 9:59 PM

MidTenn, your Hyatt House mass is about a block off from the right location.
It should be to the left between the tanish parking structure on 21st and the
classic old apartment tower. Essentially, the 3 color masses you show should align nearly in a diagonal line. You have the blue mass sitting where the Goldrush shops are located, which definitely not are going to be demolished any time in the forseeable future (I hope).

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 7:35 PM

650' residential tower proposal reported

Proposed 650 ft. tall Residential Tower reported for downtown location.

Per the NASHVILLE POST!

Quote:
Giarratana said he is not ready to discuss details of the skyscraper that would rise from what was Metro’s first pocket parkHowever, he has said in the past he would like to develop a tower of at least 650 feet, and insiders feel the skyscraper, if it materializes, could reach 750 feet tall.
Giarratana and Metro officials are discussing a land deal that would see Giarratana Nashville LLC develop a tower of an undisclosed height at the city’s Church Street Park site between Sixth Avenue and Anne Dallas Dudley Boulevard (Capitol Blvd.)
It's very early in the process, so there are no hard plans or rendering, but the location is on Church Street across from the Library and will be located on the small pocket park and adjacent building. The park is a gathering place for many of Nashville's homeless, so they will be displaced. Part of the agreement to take over the property involves development of an 8 story homeless shelter and affordable worker housing by the tower developer. There are a few other financial considerations totaling at least $5 million for improvements to other properties.

I knew about the scope and location of this for a while, but was sworn to secrecy. It's public now. Been waiting to post these for a while....hint; it's the tall one. Pics include other (suddenly boring) proposals.

Disclaimer, this is my own personal power point fantasy sketch and I have no knowledge of the look and ultimate height of the proposal.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Apr 26, 2018 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Size of the tower is based on sources, not developer

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 10:48 PM

Okay, at least the confirmation we've been waiting for.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations