HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 11:03 AM

Amazon in Camden would be awesome, I like their site just as much if not more than the Philly site.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPhillyBoy View Post
Camden County unveils proposed Amazon HQ2 site
Very good bid from Camden; while I don't think they'll win, I do think that this will get other companies' attentions

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
Amazon in Camden would be awesome, I like their site just as much if not more than the Philly site.

yeah , and God knows Camden , along with a dozen other waste lands could use 50,000 decent paying jobs . I'm just wondering
how much of Camden would have to be demolished and rebuilt to accommodate that kind of added population .

Yes once upon a time there were 125,000 residents in Camden and maybe HQ2 would create 50,000 other well paying jobs in the building industry ......because everything looks good on paper ...... You go , Camden .

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo the Great View Post
yeah , and God knows Camden , along with a dozen other waste lands could use 50,000 decent paying jobs . I'm just wondering
how much of Camden would have to be demolished and rebuilt to accommodate that kind of added population .

Yes once upon a time there were 125,000 residents in Camden and maybe HQ2 would create 50,000 other well paying jobs in the building industry ......because everything looks good on paper ...... You go , Camden .
That might be Camden's biggest problem. This proposal eats most of downtown which is really the only area people might consider living in. As soon as you venture away from downtown you hit some of the hottest and most violent drug corners in the city (4th and Royden, 3rd and State). I have a feeling that HQ2 in Camden would end up benefiting river communities in Burlington County more than Camden itself. I also suspect that if it did land in Camden many workers would end up living in Philly and taking PATCO to work (I hate Illinois Nazis... I mean PATCO).

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 1:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo the Great View Post

i doubt many would be living in camden if this thing ever happened

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 3:14 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Camden County unveils proposed Amazon HQ2 site

http://www.courierpostonline.com/sto...ite/781339001/

[/snip]

Camden may win.
If Camden wins, it'd still be a big win for the region.

Quote:

These are some nice renderings, especially considering that (unlike us) Camden didn't even have anything in the works that could remotely support HQ2 when it was announced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkway View Post
That might be Camden's biggest problem. This proposal eats most of downtown which is really the only area people might consider living in. As soon as you venture away from downtown you hit some of the hottest and most violent drug corners in the city (4th and Royden, 3rd and State). I have a feeling that HQ2 in Camden would end up benefiting river communities in Burlington County more than Camden itself. I also suspect that if it did land in Camden many workers would end up living in Philly and taking PATCO to work (I hate Illinois Nazis... I mean PATCO).
Keep in mind though that were Camden's downtown a more attractive place to be, then the surrounding neighborhoods would likewise begin to significantly improve. The area around the Berks el stop was a notorious drug corner not that long ago.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 3:35 PM

The thing they will have to overcome is that Pennsauken, Collingswood, and Center City are 10 minutes commutes from Downtown. People who want a fun urban environment are going to gravitate to Center City first. I spent the last two years living in Camden. Right now the sidewalks in Camden roll up and everyone clears out between 4-5. Good urban design is necessary to make this work because there is no inertia for dining, retail, or nightlife here right now. I'm concerned that this will end up acting like the Navy Yard.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 3:45 PM

Holy crap is that big. While that is one dope proposal, and it would be cool if Camden got it, there's such simply no way it's going to happen. If they come to the Delaware Valley, they're coming to Philadelphia, especially since the folks in Harrisburg are giving them such a big tax break. If I recall correctly, Christie himself selected Newark as NJ's proposed site, right?

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 3:56 PM

Yeah, I didn't think Christie could find another way to screw South Jersey before he left office but he did!

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 4:12 PM

So I see in the Camden proposal they got rid of the ballpark.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 4:20 PM

How does Camden have a better chance than Philly or even Wilmington for landing Amazon HQ2? I will admit, I really wanted amazon to consider Wilmington in hopes that it will fix up things here too, but of course, Camden, which has been ranked the most dirtiest city and the most dangerous city in the country and that is getting so much better development than the crap we are getting in Wilmington, gets the headquarters. Can the Philly please give up some of it's amazing projects to Wilmington, because every other city in the Philly is getting so much amazing projects except for Wilmington. I won't be surprised if Wilmington becomes the worst city in the country in every category. I am loosing so much faith in Wilmington.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaldDeth81 View Post
Yeah the team moved to Bridgeport a few years ago.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 6:36 PM

Among recent Brandywine deals: Apartment developer LCOR's acquisition in Malvern

Quote:
An affiliate of New York-based residential developer LCOR Inc. has paid Brandywine Realty Trust $7.2 million for 12 acres near the Vanguard Group’s corporate campus in Malvern.

Philadelphia-based Brandywine disclosed the transaction this week in a report on its quarterly financial performance, listing it among $459.3 million in property sales this year through the end of August.

Swedesford Square Apartments L/CAL LP acquired the 50 E. Swedesford Square property on Swedesford Road, east of Morehall Road, from a Brandywine affiliate on Sept. 12, according to records filed with the Chester County recorder’s office.

LCOR plans 244 apartments within two four-story buildings at the site, along with a 7,000-square-foot “clubhouse” with a fitness center, screening room, and other amenities, according to the website of New York-based BlueGate Partners, which is aiding the developer’s search for a joint venture partner on the project.
Read more here:
http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20171020.html

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
...Camden, which has been ranked the most dirtiest city and the most dangerous city in the country and that is getting so much better development than the crap we are getting in Wilmington, gets the headquarters. Can the Philly please give up some of it's amazing projects to Wilmington, because every other city in the Philly is getting so much amazing projects except for Wilmington. I won't be surprised if Wilmington becomes the worst city in the country in every category. I am loosing so much faith in Wilmington.
This thread is filled with Wilmington projects. I'm not from Wilmington, but I've lived here for 5.5 years after moving from Philly. Aside from Philly (obviously) and Camden (whose development is almost entirely driven by eds & meds expansion), Wilmington is probably seeing the most investment and development in the entire metro region, including KOP. And it's the most investment that the city has seen in decades. So what's with the doomsday negativity? This is a great time for the city.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 8:05 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
How does Camden have a better chance than Philly or even Wilmington for landing Amazon HQ2? I will admit, I really wanted amazon to consider Wilmington in hopes that it will fix up things here too, but of course, Camden, which has been ranked the most dirtiest city and the most dangerous city in the country and that is getting so much better development than the crap we are getting in Wilmington, gets the headquarters. Can the Philly please give up some of it's amazing projects to Wilmington, because every other city in the Philly is getting so much amazing projects except for Wilmington. I won't be surprised if Wilmington becomes the worst city in the country in every category. I am loosing so much faith in Wilmington.
The companies moving to Camden got bribed to move to Camden. Mostly from Cherry Hill, so it was a massive public giveaway to shuffle jobs from one part of South Jersey to another. The whole idea is to try to create some sort of critical mass in Camden to jump-start economic activity. It's probably not gonna work: there's still like zilch in the way of residential development going on there.

Wilmington hasn't had a lot of corporate development but it has had a lot of residential development. The implication of this being: People want to live in Wilmington. Outside of Philadelphia and its immediate suburbs, Wilmington might be the region's most attractive place to live ... much more so than Camden (or Trenton, or Chester).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkway View Post
Yeah the team moved to Bridgeport a few years ago.
I thought the Riversharks had just straight-up folded?

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Oct 20, 2017, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post

I thought the Riversharks had just straight-up folded?
I had the wrong podunk town in Connecticut, according to Wikipedia they are now the New Britain Bees.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2017, 11:34 AM
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaldDeth81 View Post
Yes, and No.

Yes,...

and No.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2017, 11:40 AM
Hello

Other images.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2017, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Yes, and No.

and No.

Ok , so there is a rendering showing Campbell's Field still in the plan ...... Is that a mis print or do you think the city has a plan to
entice another club once some , if not all this new construction becomes reality ......

Old Posted Oct 21, 2017, 3:51 PM

Even before this the feeling around the Camden water cooler is that if Liberty's development was a success the ballpark wasn't long for this world.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations