HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 6:25 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ4ate0 View Post
Press Coffee. The shop I frequent most often is their location on Apache in Tempe.

edit: My second favorite is Mr. Coffee at home. It's a great place, too!!
Good news for Press fans. There's going to be a downtown Press. In a bit of irony, it's going to be located in the same building as the press, specifically the Arizona Republic.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...19/2120712001/

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
Good news for Press fans. There's going to be a downtown Press. In a bit of irony, it's going to be located in the same building as the press, specifically the Arizona Republic.

"I'm happy we'll kind of cover this niche, this little area."

Oh, Steve.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 6:44 PM

Quote:

Wonder what that entrance off Van Buren will look like. Other than the ‘On Air’ studio on the ground floor, that building offers nothing for the passing pedestrian.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 6:54 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Wonder what that entrance off Van Buren will look like. Other than the ‘On Air’ studio on the ground floor, that building offers nothing for the passing pedestrian.
I think that's a byproduct of the Republic hardening security at its building, an unfortunate necessity when the media are described as "the enemy of the people" and death threats are a response to candidate endorsements. It used to be that the Republic building had a welcoming entrance that wrapped around the corner. Now, signs direct all visitors to a single entrance on Second Street. I hope that reusing this space for retail will enliven a dreary block of Van Buren.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 7:12 PM
High Voltage

Quote:
I hope that reusing this space for retail will enliven a dreary block of Van Buren.
Lets hope

Great news about Press Coffee going into that spot. Fitting name too!

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 4:31 PM

Wow the butique hotel next to first Draft on Camelback is bringing multiple bars to the area:

Quote:
The new $20 million hotel from Los Angeles-based Arrive Hotels & Restaurants is partnering with a number of well-known Valley restaurateurs for its different food and beverage options.

Arrive Phoenix, which is slated to have guests checking in during the fourth quarter of this year, will be the brand’s first property in Arizona.

Two of the Valley’s most seasoned adaptive reuse developers, Venue Projects and Vintage Partners, combined to bring Arrive to Camelback Road, just west of Central Avenue.

The 79-room hotel is going into two former office buildings purchased by the developers in 2015 and 2016 for $1.35 million and $1.2 million, respectively.

Tempe based-Cartel Coffee Lab will open a 1,200-square-foot location in the Uptown Phoenix hotel. This will be Cartel’s third collaboration with Arrive. The company has worked with the hotel company in its locations in Palm Springs and Austin.

“Arrive and Cartel had an instant chemistry,” Paul Haworth, Cartel’s director of brand, said in a statement. “Based on the feedback we’ve received parking our roasting cart at the nearby Uptown Farmers Market, we look forward to being a part of the uptown Phoenix neighborhood for decades to come.”

Ross Simon, who is behind hit downtown Phoenix cocktail bars Bitter & Twisted and Little Rituals, and his company Great Minds Drink Alike, will be running the poolside bar at Arrive Phoenix. It will be called Lylo Pool Bar and will be built out to have a mid-century style. Lylo will feature all-day menu of light, Asian-influenced food options.

The hotel’s check-in desk will also serve as a place where both guests and locals can pick up a paletas-style popsicle.

Alex Resnic, Arrive’s director of restaurants, has worked with a number of LA’s top chefs and said Arrive Phoenix’s restaurant, Let’s Eat, will serve up “food that just works.”

The hotel’s rooftop lounge gets its name from longtime Valley real estate developer Don Wood, who worked in the former office building that will house Arrive. Don Wood’s Say When will be the property’s penthouse cocktail lounge that will also include “throwback bar bites” like shrimp cocktail and canapes, according to an announcement.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 5:10 PM

We typically stay at The Palm Springs Hotel when we visit, uh, Palm Springs but we have made a habit of spending time at Arrive every time since it's just a few blocks away. Their bar, pool, restaurant, and coffee shop (which only recently became Cartel) is always a lot of fun. I expect, based on my experience there, that Arrive in Phoenix will be a really great addition.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
We typically stay at The Palm Springs Hotel when we visit, uh, Palm Springs but we have made a habit of spending time at Arrive every time since it's just a few blocks away. Their bar, pool, restaurant, and coffee shop (which only recently became Cartel) is always a lot of fun. I expect, based on my experience there, that Arrive in Phoenix will be a really great addition.
Does anyone know what is being planned on the empty lot(s) just across 3rd Ave to the east from Arrive? There is a sign for a rezoning hearing and I think it mentions changing dwelling unit density of the site so I'd imagine it's a residential project. Just not sure and I can't remember seeing anything on it.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 6:03 PM

Dutch Brothers is being forced to move from their current location, the NEC of 3rd Avenue and Camelback is where the new store will be built. Is that the location you're speaking of?

edit: this is who owns the land right now and they have owned it since 2013.

http://venueprojects.com/

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Dutch Brothers is being forced to move from their current location, the NEC of 3rd Avenue and Camelback is where the new store will be built. Is that the location you're speaking of?

edit: this is who owns the land right now and they have owned it since 2013.

http://venueprojects.com/
yeah, that's it, but Dutch Bros is only going into the eastern 2/3 of the whole open lot(s). The western 1/3 (on the immediate NEC of 3rd Ave/Camelback) looks like it may get getting something else. Unless the sign I saw was for the Dutch Bros. In that case, there still may eventually be something next to the future dutch bros.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 9:03 PM

My only guess, given Venue's history, is more dining/bar space or retail. They aren't really residential developers.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 9:32 PM

I can't figure out what they're going to do with parking. They already use that lot for overflow parking from The Newton and now with Arrive where are the hotel guests going to park?

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 9:13 PM

Had lunch at Park Central today. There is TI work being done in the suite where Zipps is going.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 9:22 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix View Post
Had lunch at Park Central today. There is TI work being done in the suite where Zipps is going.
I was at Pita Jungle today for lunch. Probably walked right by ya! Thanks for the update on Zipps. I gave up trying to watch for them to start construction

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 9:42 PM
METRO: Encanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
I was at Pita Jungle today for lunch. Probably walked right by ya! Thanks for the update on Zipps. I gave up trying to watch for them to start construction
Pita Bistro, maybe?

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 9:49 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Pita Bistro, maybe?
Probably. I get my Pita places mixed up

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Probably, I was at Fired Pie to check out the crane you mentioned in the other thread.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 5:46 PM
Modulator

A "Coming soon" Zipps banner was put up this morning at Park Central. Even though Zipps has a so-so rep, I'm glad to see Midtown finally getting a much needed night-life sports bar/grill. As far as I know, the location will follow Zipps normal operating hours, but I wonder if they may open a little earlier than 11 for the Midtown lunch crowd?

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 7:08 PM
METRO: Encanto

Quote:
A "Coming soon" Zipps banner was put up this morning at Park Central. Even though Zipps has a so-so rep, I'm glad to see Midtown finally getting a much needed night-life sports bar/grill. As far as I know, the location will follow Zipps normal operating hours, but I wonder if they may open a little earlier than 11 for the Midtown lunch crowd?
When I complained here that Cheuvront's was being replaced by Pizza People Pub I was told that Pizza People Pub was a much needed sports bar. I guess it didn't meet the needs.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 7:47 PM
Skyriser

Is Pizza People Club closing?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest