HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Oct 23, 2021, 8:27 PM
Community Guy

Recruiting new High Level Line board members!

Do you want to help bring this linear park to life in Edmonton? Board members are very hands-on with the operation of the society. It's a great way to make connections with others that care about Edmonton reaching its fullest potential.

The board is recruiting a few new directors that can contribute to the society's growth in the next couple years, focused on:

building relationships with the new City Council (many are already HLL supporters!)
advising as a stakeholder for High Level Bridge renewal projects
re-igniting public excitement and awareness about High Level Line
To apply, send your resume to highlevelline@gmail.com by November 29.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Oct 28, 2021, 8:09 PM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

My solution? Twin the bridge! First build a duplicate span of the existing HLB to take over all the traffic off temporarily then rebuild it to its original specs so that we can have two lanes in both north and south traffic with ample future rail and pedestrian spaces for all...

I see many many people on other forums are excited at the sheer giddiness of having a second span to Fort Sask on the Manning Freeway so I can only imagine how building a new span in downtown Edmonton could also unite Edmontonians of all stripes... Car users who get a slightly better/safer driver experience, pedestrians and cyclists who might get a similar improvement and of course us transit users/fans who desire HSR, Regional and LRT, streetcars to all use the bridge but can't because of its shape... If Sohi kicked off this project? That would really cement his image as an infrastructure king and metaphorical and literal liberal bridge-builder!

Old Posted Jan 10, 2022, 4:44 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Jan 28, 2022, 5:09 AM
Community Guy

Old Posted Jan 28, 2022, 5:04 PM
Derp

Funny that they included a picture of "The Last Spike" in Craigellachie in that video

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 9:35 PM
Community Guy

High Level Bridge on track to get repair and top-deck pathway, rather than being torn down

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/high-lev...down-1.5860786

Old Posted Apr 17, 2022, 4:25 PM
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
High-Level Bridge on track to get repair and top-deck pathway, rather than being torn down

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/high-lev...down-1.5860786

Given the options currently available, this is the safest one. It would have been terrible for the city and the history of the city if High-Level Bridge was torn down.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2022, 2:09 AM

Hi,
Not exactly a High Level question, but related to trains. Is there anywhere close to Edmonton that is a good place to check out trains.
I've been youtubing some cools trains in the mountains and such. Just someplace to sit and watch on a warm summers day.
I'm guessing West of the city, as that were long trains will be heading towards the coast ?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2022, 3:27 AM
Community Guy

The bridge over the Pembina river is cool... but closer you can sit at Sunridge and watch them cross in from Sherwood Park.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2022, 4:27 PM
Community Guy

I have not looked into it yet, but what does Council's decision mean for our beloved icon?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2022, 4:48 PM

I've not been in the loop, but when driving the High Level awhile ago, I was taken aback by how much deterioration of the metal beams there was. Is the city trying to match the look and feel with the Low Level?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2022, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
I've not been in the loop, but when driving the High Level awhile ago, I was taken aback by how much deterioration of the metal beams there was. Is the city trying to match the look and feel with the Low Level?
Can you look up like three posts and read about the approved re-construction of the bridge.

What are you thinking should be happening?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2022, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhatdan View Post
Can you look up like three posts and read about the approved re-construction of the bridge.

What are you thinking should be happening?
Unless I'm misreading the media story, there seemed to be open issues remaining to be determined. I didn't get a sense that a clear plan had been concluded upon. Perhaps I am misreading.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton