HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 7:52 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat View Post
If we're talking about functional transportation, a new MAX stop on 28th would serve a lot more people.
True, that would probably be a lot more beneficial.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2018, 7:08 AM

Doubt it,

Tri-Met is trying to remove stops on the Blue/Red line (ignoring the Green Line since I think a Powell MAX line should have Green traffic). Sandy Blvd is on the list for possible streetcar. People could go East to Hollywood to catch MAX on streetcar. Plus they are pretty close in, so walking into CEID and the inner loop is doable.

EV

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 7:50 PM

Phase 1 DAR #1 Drawings [82 MB] and Memo to the Design Commission.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted May 18, 2019, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat View Post
If we're talking about functional transportation, a new MAX stop on 28th would serve a lot more people.

Agreed. I never understood why there isn't already a station there.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 1:23 AM

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 8:01 PM

Phase IA Design Review drawings [331 MB] and Staff Report.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 8:32 PM

Revised Staff Report which recommends approval for Phase IA.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2019, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Revised Staff Report which recommends approval for Phase IA.
Approved yesterday.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2019, 4:40 AM

^Good news! I hope this gets out of the ground. Inner NE Sandy seems to be having it's "moment".

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Phase IA Design Review drawings [331 MB] and Staff Report.
I’m excited about this development on Sandy. I hope it goes up quickly. I also hope we get a streetcar connection to Hollywood going up Sandy. It just makes sense and will move a lot of people without needing to use a car.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 7:18 PM

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 11:47 PM

Pepsi Blocks Phase 1A (renovation of the pavilion building and the L-shaped apartment building that will wrap around it) is now "Approved to Issue".

Old Posted Aug 14, 2021, 4:12 AM
A before E

I was just thinking about this building, there was a conversation on Reddit about what it would take to add a light rail stop at 28th since there has been all this new development by that area.

Obviously when the light rail went in, there was nothing at that location, but with all the new stuff going up like the Pepsi Blocks, it kind of makes sense. Obviously the buses along Sandy and Broadway probably reduce the need for a light rail stop, but if one were to be added, this would be an ideal location.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 6:35 PM

The building permit permit for the apartment building has now also been issued:

Quote:
PEPSI BLOCKS - BUILDING A - New 8-story mixed-use building with 219 apartment units, residential amenities, retail spaces, and underground parking; includes new Woonerf, plaza, and associated site work. ***Project does NOT use Type III Code Guide.*** *** w/20-129212-MT ***

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 12:29 PM

Was on Sandy last week and saw that demolition of the warehouse buildings was coming along. The pavilion building’s walls were removed, so you could see into the building. It looked really amazing. The beams and wood ceiling looked like they had never been painted. Tons of potential. It would make a great restaurant/dining hall space.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 6:15 PM

Well, this is infuriating.

Quote:
The Pop Blocks on Sandy Are in Limbo After a Fight With the State That Only Kafka Could Love
The dispute means that a city desperate for affordable housing will get much less.

On paper, the Pop Blocks project on Northeast Sandy Boulevard is an urban development dream.

It would turn what was once a collection of aging Pepsi warehouses into a 4.7-acre, mixed-use, mixed-income complex with shops and a tree-lined plaza. It would even have a “woonerf.” That’s Dutch for a street shared by pedestrians, bicycles, slow-moving cars, and kids at play.

Best of all, Pop Blocks would have 44 subsidized apartments for renters earning 60% or less of area median income. The developer planned to put all of those in the first phase, called Splash. In a city that’s desperate for housing, it may be a drop in the bucket, but it’s a welcome one.

But Splash is on hold. The giant excavator hasn’t moved in more than five months, and the rock crusher is idled. The graceful arches on the beloved old bottling plant stand like a skeleton.

The project is stalled because Oregon officials ruled in February that the developer could not use a tax-exempt bond program and low-income housing tax credits to finance construction of the affordable apartments.

The rejection came as a total surprise, says Michael Nanney, senior director of development at Security Properties, the Seattle-based developer. Teams from his firm and the state met every Thursday for months, he says, hammering out the project’s finances. Investors, construction lenders, and various lawyers joined the calls, and everything appeared to be on track. Until it wasn’t.
...continues at Willamette Week.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Well, this is infuriating.

...continues at Willamette Week.
"If Splash does go forward without public financing, phase one will have just eight affordable units, not 44."

Brilliant! Thank you, Oregon DOJ.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 6:47 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
"If Splash does go forward without public financing, phase one will have just eight affordable units, not 44."

Brilliant! Thank you, Oregon DOJ.
So when do they make the decision to just go for the 8? And resume construction?

Old Posted Jun 17, 2022, 5:12 PM

On the City Council agenda next week:

Quote:
Amend approved application under the Multiple-Unit Limited Tax Exemption Program under the Inclusionary Housing Program for Pepsi Blocks Phase 1A, Building A located at 827 NE 27th Ave to decrease the number of restricted units (amend Ordinance No. 190051)
I'm glad to see the project move forward, but it's infuriating that the State of Oregon is the reason for it having fewer affordable units.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 1:33 AM

Plumbing permits have been issued (10/17 and 10/20) on Pop Blocks Phase 1A (sorry if this is the wrong place to post):

Quote:
PLUMBING STUBS FOR FUTURE TI WORK.
Quote:
INSTALLATION OF NEW PLUMBING SYSTEM IN NEW CONSTRUCTION.
Financial issues aside, I'm really hoping this project powers through to construction. The Sandy area needs it, and hopefully, it will strengthen the argument for a future street car up Sandy to the NE.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland