HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 11, 2012, 3:24 PM

Another half-million sq ft of commercial industrial space absorbed.

Kimberly-Clark Signs Southaven Lease
Memphis Daily News

Quote:
Kimberly-Clark Corp., a global manufacturer of hygiene and personal health products, has entered the local industrial market in full force. Construction for tenant improvements is under way in Airways Distribution Center Building D, 228 Access Drive in Southaven, where Dallas-based Kimberly-Clark has leased 556,000 square feet for its health care division.
http://www.memphisdailynews.com/news...uthaven-lease/

Last edited by Johnny Ryall; Jan 11, 2012 at 5:51 PM.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2012, 5:51 PM

Launch Medical plans $4.8M expansion in Bartlett, adding 40 jobs
The Commercial Appeal

Quote:
Medical device product development firm Launch Medical will expand its operations in Bartlett in a $4.8 million expansion project that will bring 40 new jobs in five years. The company will renovate an existing building on Wolf Lake Road for the project.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...rtlett-adding/

Old Posted Jan 11, 2012, 5:52 PM

Something's Up at Sears Crosstown
Memphis Flyer

Quote:
I'm hearing that Yates Construction may have the job, and that the working drawings include partial demolition, an arts center, apartments, food courts, a boutique hotel, health care offices, and half a dozen major investors in lieu of one anchor tenant. The ballpark price I heard was well over $100 million.
http://www.memphisflyer.com/CityBeat...ears-crosstown

Memphis Flyer

Last edited by Johnny Ryall; Jan 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2012, 7:18 PM

New UT-Biowork Research Park addition is expected to foster research
The Commercial Appeal

Quote:
Construction has begun on a $22 million research laboratory in the UT-Bioworks Research Park that will help researchers and biotechnology companies get their ideas to market. The footprint for the 26,000-square-foot, single-story, brick building has been cleared at 45 S. Dudley, and crews are now pouring the foundation of the structure.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...n/11/lab-work/

Rendering: The Commercial Appeal

Old Posted Jan 11, 2012, 8:08 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ryall View Post
Something's Up at Sears Crosstown
Memphis Flyer

http://www.memphisflyer.com/CityBeat...ears-crosstown

Memphis Flyer
It's about time!

Old Posted Jan 11, 2012, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
It's about time!
Yes, but a peculiar piece from the Flyer with heresay & speculation.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 4:13 AM

Work under way on new solar farm near Agricenter in Memphis
The Commercial Appeal

Quote:
Construction has started on the 4,160-panel solar array at Agricenter International. Heavy equipment has been moving dirt and building a berm to at least partially shield the view of the solar farm from motorists passing by the site. It is located on the south side of Walnut Grove Road, just west of Ducks Unlimited headquarters... Silicon Ranch, the company owned by former Tennessee governor Phil Bredesen, is financing construction of the $4.3 million facility and will own it.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...icenter-memph/

Photo: The Commercial Appeal

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 8:26 PM

Back on Front: Memphis-grown distribution company buys, rehabilitates Cotton Row building
The Commercial Appeal

Quote:
A home-grown supply house operator is returning to its roots on Front Street, mindful of Cotton Row's prominence in Memphis' evolution as a logistics hub... The owner of four airport-area distribution companies expects to sink about $1 million into the building to accommodate 15 to 17 employees on upper floors and a first-floor tenant.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...back-on-front/

Photo by Alan Spearman

Quote:
Sale of the building in historic partitions of 56, 60 and 62 S. Front helped sway Distributors Holding to buy. It will occupy the 60 address, with Memphis in May offices at 56. Mortimer Enterprises LLC recently bought the 62 bay.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 8:27 PM

Yet more improvement at the grandest-ever minor league baseball park.

Redbirds installing 20-ton HD video scoreboard at AutoZone Park
Memphis Business Journal

Quote:
When the Memphis Redbirds begin the 2012 season April 13, fans will be treated to a new 3,600-square-foot, high-definition scoreboard. The board, which will include 1.4 million pixels and weigh more than 20 tons, will be the largest HD board in minor league baseball, eclipsing the one at Coca-Cola Field, home of the Buffalo Bison. Redbirds officials wouldn’t release the cost of the board, but the 2,640-square-foot board in Buffalo cost that team about $2 million.
http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/n...-hd-video.html

COURTESY MEMPHIS REDBIRDS

Last edited by Johnny Ryall; Jan 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 8:28 PM

Good news so far for Downtown's economy & one of its' iconic towers as a Memphis financial giant changes ownership.

Don't expect big job cuts at Morgan Keegan, says CEO of Raymond James
The Commercial Appeal

Quote:
The head of the Florida company buying Morgan Keegan & Co. said he is in no hurry to cut costs or lay off workers in Memphis. “We’re staying in Memphis. We’re committed to it."... "If you look back five years from now, we could well be bigger than we are now,'' Reilly said.

Reilly said he expects: Workers will stay in the Downtown tower rather than relocate to other buildings. Morgan Keegan's name will continue to appear on the public finance and fixed-income departments, perhaps as a division of Raymond James. Support will continue for the professional tennis tournament in Memphis, now called the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships. Information technology crews in Memphis could expand their role to back up Raymond James' entire U.S. service area. John Carson, Morgan Keegan's CEO, will stay in Memphis as president of Raymond James and head of the merged public finance and fixed-income units. Bonuses will total $215million, including about $75 million in restricted stock, for the members of the Morgan Keegan sales force who agree to stay with Raymond James. "There will be (job) losses in Memphis," Reilly said. "But we're pragmatic. We're looking at long-term earnings, stability and growth. The only way you can do that is with people.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...n-says-ceo-ra/

Photos by Mike Brown

Last edited by Johnny Ryall; Jan 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2012, 1:38 AM

Memphis gives Canadian National the green light for $300M logistics park
The Commercial Appeal

Quote:
The Memphis-Shelby County Port Commission voted unanimously to grant CN a 10-year option to buy up to 800 acres in Frank C. Pidgeon Industrial Park in southwest Memphis... Economic development officials have estimated the logistics park could potentially support a $300 million development employing 5,000 people... CN has invested nearly $200 million in Memphis in recent years, building the intermodal gateway and upgrading its nearby switching facility at Harrison Yard.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...-light-300m-l/

Old Posted Jan 14, 2012, 3:20 PM
Transport Planner

I just got back from a small, little day trip to Memphis yesterday...LOVED it!

Definitely on my radar for potential places to relocate after I graduate this spring.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2012, 3:31 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

^That's awesome. What parts of town did you check out?

Old Posted Jan 16, 2012, 7:15 PM

Hello everyone, please tell me if I should direct this question to another forum. My wife and I are St. Louisans and will be moving to Memphis for my medical fellowship for 2 years. Due to where I'll be working everyday (just east of 240 near Germantown), we've been directed away from living downtown. Are there any Memphis/suburban Memphis developments that incorporate loft style interiors or especially reflect an urban/pedestrian friendly design? Again, based on recommendations of current fellows, nothing west of Midtown is very feasible given call schedule and driving times. Any information or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old Posted Jan 16, 2012, 10:38 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

^Areas of Midtown and areas just east of Midtown wouldn't be too bad, but anywhere outside of Midtown won't be too pedestrian friendly. Its hard to commute in Memphis without a car. If you'll be driving east toward Germantown in a hurry, stay off of Poplar and take Walnut Grove or Park. Since downtown is out, look at areas East of Bellvue, North of Southern, South of North Parkway, and East of Highland. A lot of this area is Central Gardens, Evergreen, and Chicasaw Gardens which are mainly large homes, but there are a lot of smaller neighborhoods such as Cooper Young, East Buntyn, etc that are nice with smaller homes and some apartments, but not many lofts. I would start off on Union Ave. and work my way east if I were you. There are a few apartment lofts near Madison and McLean, but I'm not sertain of their names. There are a few condo towers around Central and Highland, but most are for sale and are not rentals. I don't know about many neighborhoods east of Highland, so I can't really help you there, but from what you stated you are looking for, it sounds like you will like Midtown.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2012, 7:12 PM

Gulotta: Things ‘Falling Into Place for Millington’
Memphis Daily News

Quote:
One of Gulotta’s key responsibilities is the marketing and sale of Veterans Parkway, what he repetitively called an “incredible industrial asset in Millington.”

One result of that BRAC (Base Realignment and Closure) plan is that many former military assets have been handed over to the city of Millington and to the Millington Industrial Development Board. Some of these assets include a range of buildings, the third-longest airport runway in Tennessee and more than 2,000 acres of land – the majority of which is along the main line of Canadian National Railway Co.
http://www.memphisdailynews.com/news...or-millington/

Old Posted Jan 20, 2012, 11:53 PM

100,000+ views!!! Thank you Skyscraper Page

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 1:23 AM

Sky’s the limit for CN Railway
Memphis Business Journal

Quote:
Canadian National Railway Co.’s planned logistics park could mean up to 4 million square feet of new warehouse and distribution space in Southwest Memphis...
http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/p...n-railway.html

LEE SWETS | MBJ

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 1:29 AM

Mall of Memphis may go industrial
Former retail site eyed for distribution center
Memphis Business Journal

Quote:
The Mall of Memphis site has drawn the interest of a national developer that could turn the vacant 113-acre site into industrial property... The buildings could range in size from 100,000 to 800,000 square feet and up to 40 feet tall.
http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/p...ndustrial.html

LEE SWETS | MBJ

Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 1:34 AM

Southwest Airlines cements presence at Memphis airport
Memphis Business Journal

Quote:
Southwest Airlines is indeed coming to Memphis, but the company didn’t give any details on what its local presence will look like.
http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/n...esence-at.html

SOUTHWEST/ MBJ

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations