HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

View Poll Results: Should Denver/Colorado split off from Mountain West and form its own subforum?
Yes, Denver/CO should split off and go it alone. 20 26.67%
No, Denver/CO should remain part of Mountain West. 55 73.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old Posted May 7, 2014, 8:54 PM

I would miss them if they went. I don't ever contribute to their threads because it's not my city, but I do enjoy reading what's happening. And their occasional forays into the Utah threads. It's good to shake us up a little.

Old Posted May 7, 2014, 9:04 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Oh we're still gonna have sneak attacks. Shame Benedict Plaid is banned. I liked that bro.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted May 7, 2014, 9:59 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
I have a t-shirt that says "Outside the beltway there be dragons."
I need a picture of this.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted May 7, 2014, 10:19 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
I have a t-shirt that says "Outside the beltway there be dragons."
Awesome.

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 12:23 AM

Just move Denver to the midwest where it belongs.

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Either that or (more likely) we make another regional forum for the Front Range. I think we'd prefer to keep Colorado Springs and Fort Collins with Denver, rather than leave those in Mountain West and make everyone check 2 forums.

Anyway, GO VOTE.
Just set up the Mountain West by States- and bring AZ back in. Under each state put in the major metro areas as separate topics (a lot of this would be relabeling.)

I think we need all the input from frequent bloggers we can get from as much of the US we can reach.

The less fiefdoms, the more truth gets out.

http://www.vtpi.org/gentraf.pdf

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
I think it's a fine idea, but I don't really care either way. I am all for exposure to peer cities and what they are doing - that's a very good thing. But since Phoenix left us, I don't think I have clicked in another city's thread more than half a dozen times. There's frankly nothing we can learn from SLC or Boise, and nothing happening there that interests me - all they are to me is clutter that I have to look through to get to what I want to read.

Also - trolling is not the same thing as disagreeing. I'll have you know that a majority of Americans are closer to my sentiment on bicycles than yours. Arguably, I am mainstream, and you folks are the quack urban liberal trolls.
No need to be preemptively defensive, you're not a troll, you're just arrogant.

Old Posted May 9, 2014, 10:47 PM
Wen Lambo

I don't mind the status quo.

...a little extra scrolling hasn't lead to carpal tunnel thus far. I would rather scroll a little extra than click out of the MW forum and into the Denver/Front Range thread(s) to get my monthly regional metro fill.

Old Posted May 10, 2014, 4:10 AM
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch_One View Post
I don't mind the status quo.

...a little extra scrolling hasn't lead to carpal tunnel thus far. I would rather scroll a little extra than click out of the MW forum and into the Denver/Front Range thread(s) to get my monthly regional metro fill.
Actually, it might end up being more work having to click and scroll on over to another section. Sometimes laziness creates more work.

Salt Lake City throughout 2015 in the My City Photos Forum >>>http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=215244

Old Posted May 16, 2014, 4:36 AM
Stay Thirsty.

Quote:
A permalink to what thread, specifically?
Wong: Sorry I didn't check back earlier.

I was referring to the 'City Compilations' link on the forum home page of SSP. There are all the major cities posting their big projects there. New York, Montreal, London, Toronto, etc. Hell, even Salt Lake's is active. It's kicking the crap out of ours. We only garnered 22 Pages of responses in seven years? REALLY?

Denver has a link there for the city, but it is dead as a doornail. No one religiously checks it or updates on it; in fact every time I look it usually is Pablosan asking for updates, lol.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=142548

If we really want a 'separate', special presence, our outlet is already there in the city compilations. But no one uses it.

If it helped, maybe a permalink here in the MW section would allow the thread to become pertinent again. Just an idea...

Old Posted May 18, 2014, 7:20 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

I love the Mountian West. Denver, Salt Lake City, and Boise are like those Slavic egg dolls that fit perfectly together in development and population. Salt Lake City's tallest is 2/3 the size of Denver's, the same goes for Bosie to SLC. It's adorable. Denver and SLC are healthy places where people consume way over the average amount of sugar to cope with elevation challenges.

Colorado is the negligent husband and dad, Utah is the religious mom, and Idaho is our gay son who thinks he's more Northwest. We're a family!

Also: I feel like this thread has been made suspiciously too soon to events in Ukraine and Russia. I think we may have Putin agents in Denver. I'm against the balkanization of the Mountain West and I support full use of force to put down separatists.

Last edited by s.p.hansen; May 18, 2014 at 7:45 PM.

Old Posted May 18, 2014, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post
I love the Mountian West. Denver, Salt Lake City, and Boise are like those Slavic egg dolls that fit perfectly together in development and population. Salt Lake City's tallest is 2/3 the size of Denver's, the same goes for Bosie to SLC. It's adorable. Denver and SLC are healthy places where people consume way over the average amount of sugar to cope with elevation challenges.

Colorado is the negligent husband and dad, Utah is the religious mom, and Idaho is our gay son who thinks he's more Northwest. We're a family!

Also: I feel like this thread has been made suspiciously too soon to events in Ukraine and Russia. I think we may have Putin agents in Denver. I'm against the balkanization of the Mountain West and I support full use of force to put down separatists.
You made me laugh pretty hard.

Salt Lake City throughout 2015 in the My City Photos Forum >>>http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=215244

Old Posted May 18, 2014, 8:10 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.p.hansen View Post

That was pretty epic, haha. But who are you? Because religious mom isn't funny; she's boring and dead serious. Seems the separatists have infiltrated the whole family.

Old Posted May 18, 2014, 11:51 PM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
If wouldn't mind.

I get tired of a new thread being created by the Utah guys, every time a gnat farts in that state they feel the urge to create a thread about it.

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted May 19, 2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm3034L!fe View Post
If wouldn't mind.

I get tired of a new thread being created by the Utah guys, every time a gnat farts in that state they feel the urge to create a thread about it.
Arrogance is strong with this one.

Old Posted May 19, 2014, 12:58 AM

C'mon ToyNoiz, arrogance implies that he has something to be arrogant about, which I seriously doubt.

Old Posted May 19, 2014, 2:39 AM
mmmm... infillicious!

Y'know, blm, would it be all that hard for you to not post something anti-Utah for once? Didn't your mommy or daddy ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?

Every few months, you swoop in and you (a.) post an anti-Utah rant that clearly demonstrates you've got some serious personal issues you need to work out; and you (b.) post a "hey what's happening with that project--when are they going to build a new-tallest in Denver?" comment that just shows you are lazy and don't pay any attention to months' worth of updates and then you expect us to spoon-feed you a summary of what's going on whenever you feel like it.

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Last edited by Cirrus; May 19, 2014 at 5:43 PM.

Old Posted May 19, 2014, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
Y'know, blm, would it be all that hard for you to not post something anti-Utah for once? Didn't your mommy or daddy ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?

Every few months, you swoop in and you (a.) post an anti-Utah rant that clearly demonstrates you've got some serious personal issues you need to work out; and you (b.) post a "hey what's happening with that project--when are they going to build a new-tallest in Denver?" comment that just shows you are lazy and don't pay any attention to months' worth of updates and then you expect us to spoon-feed you a summary of what's going on whenever you feel like it.
While some commentators leave much to be desired, I love this forum because entries are not heavily censored. Getting rid of too many entrants inevitably makes forums cheer leaders for the powers at be.

But, I do agree that sometimes we pay a price for this freedom, and, I remind you the worst thing to do if you are a fish is to take the bait.

http://www.vtpi.org/gentraf.pdf

Last edited by Cirrus; May 19, 2014 at 5:43 PM.

Old Posted May 19, 2014, 5:24 PM
Exurb Enjoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
That was pretty epic, haha. But who are you? Because religious mom isn't funny; she's boring and dead serious. Seems the separatists have infiltrated the whole family.
I'm the self appointed ambassador of Utah to the rest of the Mountian West; I have to be a little bit of everything.

Last edited by s.p.hansen; May 19, 2014 at 5:41 PM.

Old Posted May 19, 2014, 5:45 PM
cities|transit|croissants

Thank you for the feedback, and for the nice joke at the end. There is no need for this thread to become an unhappy one, so I am closing it before it does.

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West