HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 7:20 PM
ON3P Skis

I haven't been to any other city on the list apart from Cape Town, but wow is that an amazing city. Camps Bay is fantastic but Clifton Beach (just north) is out of this world. FREEZING cold water but amazing amazing local and scenery.

We aren't nearly at the level of those top cities, but I still think it's pretty amazing to count those cities in our company.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume-sama View Post
Hmm. I've never been to any beach in LA. That's not really the place I'd consider beaching. The water is probably dirtier than the air~ lol
You're joking right?

I've only swimmed in the water here once, and that was one time too many. I've never seen so much crap in the water in my life. Disgusting Pacific Northwest detritus.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
You're joking right?

I've only swimmed in the water here once, and that was one time too many. I've never seen so much crap in the water in my life. Disgusting Pacific Northwest detritus.
Oh heavens no, I wouldn't go in the water at any beach. Only places with a healthy dose of chlorine!

I find our beaches are relatively well taken care of and garbage free. Particularly Spanish Bank, which miraculously was cleaned even during the big strike~

The wealthy people there make sure of it I can not, however, vouch for the water. As that's the last place I'm going!

It all goes back to a horrible incident in my childhood. I will only go in water I can see through lol

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourglass View Post
I'd disagree with you about Cape Town. Camps Bay is absolutely stunning with the 12 Apostles in the background. Cape Town has a real Sydney vibe to it -- at about 1/2 of the Sydney price... One of my fav cities anywhere.

picture taken by me

Hong Kong has some nice beaches but it takes a bit of work to get to the nicest ones.
thats camps bay - the ritzy area

Old Posted Jul 28, 2010, 9:24 PM

the island keeps the waves from coming in and keeping the water good - if we had real open ocean here it would be much better - real waves - sigh

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion