HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 7:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misher View Post
Got banned, definitely deserved it, having been physically attacked before+received constant racism for my ancestry I get touchy.

Just because other people get out of line does not mean I should have replied.
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that, but you'll note that in this case, only you three got suspended; it's obvious that 99% of other users were not out of line, and have a bone to pick with Crazy Rich Asians, not Asians in general. I for one have been insulted many times, but never on this site.

And I could be remembering wrong, but didn't you say you weren't Chinese a few months ago? If so, being upfront about that would've gone much easier. Save for whatnext and cornholio, we don't bite.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 7:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
He's like the local forum punching bag, so maybe he's starting to lose it a bit. A man can take only so much punishment before he cracks.
You can't control what other posters say, but you can control how you respond. Nobody's holding a gun to Vin's head and saying "be a childish little prick."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
I don't know much about Vin other than that his recent posts seem like he wants to be the new towerguy3. For years, he appears to have contributed to discussion in his own unique way, but his recent contributions to the forum are commensurate to a troll (calling people racist; sniping comments at people then running away, etc.). Regardless, the mods will likely monitor the forum objectively as a matter of course.
... I got through three posts before my brain had to reboot. That guy seriously insisted that a whole stadium could exhale simultaneously and cause a mass suffocation?

Right. Either Vin learns, or he doesn't and gets banned for real.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 5:25 PM

Bans and suspensions need to be documented here (this thread or another) along with length of time and some reasoning.

I've seen people suspended seemingly at random, vs. other people saying horrendous things time after time with no consequence. It's quite confusing, reminds me of the worst of the NHL.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 5:57 PM
victory in near

Did Mr X get banned? That guy used to post a lot and then just disappeared.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 6:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut View Post
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that, but you'll note that in this case, only you three got suspended; it's obvious that 99% of other users were not out of line, and have a bone to pick with Crazy Rich Asians, not Asians in general. I for one have been insulted many times, but never on this site.

And I could be remembering wrong, but didn't you say you weren't Chinese a few months ago? If so, being upfront about that would've gone much easier. Save for whatnext and cornholio, we don't bite.
I don't consider myself to be but some of my features get mistaken for.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro_orange View Post
Who is the pathetic pushover who un-banned Vin?
Hello retro_orange, how's your Monday like so far?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 7:02 PM

Quote:
You can't control what other posters say, but you can control how you respond. Nobody's holding a gun to Vin's head and saying "be a childish little prick."

... I got through three posts before my brain had to reboot. That guy seriously insisted that a whole stadium could exhale simultaneously and cause a mass suffocation?

Bad-mouthing me again while I'm off on a vacay? Seriously, making up things about me after losing your arguments and unable to retort is, hmmm, real classy.

Be kind and show us how breathing in a stadium can cause mass extinction: you have a very active imagination.

Last edited by Vin; Dec 3, 2018 at 7:13 PM.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Bad-mouthing me again while I'm off on a vacay? Seriously, making up things about me after losing your arguments and unable to retort is, hmmm, real classy.

Be kind and show us how breathing in a stadium can cause mass extinction: you have a very active imagination.
In the 10+ minutes it took for you to edit your post, you could've easily noticed that I underlined "towerguy," clicked through his history and realized I was talking about him. Instead, merely days after your ban got reduced to a suspension and was lifted, you're shooting off at the mouth and throwing insults once again, putting yourself well on track for another ban, and proving that your detractors are right.

We're not surprised. Just disappointed.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 9:43 PM

In all reality, I am surprised that I haven't been banned . Some of my posts can be a little spicy once in a while.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 9:48 PM

Was suspended only one time. That was for criticizing religion. 4 of us got suspended actually.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 9:52 PM

I think we've all had douchey moments... and that so long as they're exceptions rather than a constant stream of douche, the mods let it slide.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
He's like the local forum punching bag, so maybe he's starting to lose it a bit. A man can take only so much punishment before he cracks.
Can't totally disagree with you there, but don't worry I am holding myself together just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryer View Post
In all reality, I am surprised that I haven't been banned . Some of my posts can be a little spicy once in a while.
Well, you lucked out. There is always this one or two punching bags that the pack rats with a mob mentality like to target. It had been months since I mentioned anything about a mall but these individuals keep bringing it up. There is a trend when bullies love repeating something that they can all laugh at, I don't really know. I think they had a party after realizing that I was BANNED. Couple even came into my FB to gloat: really tempted to post them here.

Last edited by Vin; Dec 3, 2018 at 11:07 PM.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
In the 10+ minutes it took for you to edit your post, you could've easily noticed that I underlined "towerguy," clicked through his history and realized I was talking about him. Instead, merely days after your ban got reduced to a suspension and was lifted, you're shooting off at the mouth and throwing insults once again, putting yourself well on track for another ban, and proving that your detractors are right.
More hyperboles I see? Sitting back and letting you tell tales about someone who's being banned, if that makes your day, then please keep going. I have nothing more to say.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 5:11 AM
retro_orange

Quote:
Vin
Quote:
This message is hidden because Vin is on your ignore list.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 6:35 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

The mods do not publicly discuss suspensions nor bans. It should be pretty obvious why most actions take place, and if it's not reread the forum rules. This thread is not to bitch out mod decisions nor fellow forum members. If anyone has a question they can pm myself or one of the other mods. If anyone has an issue with all of us, reach out to an admin. We tend to give users a bit of leeway in SSP:Vancouver and encourage healthy discussion. Once it gets beyond that we have to act.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 7:21 AM

Quote:
More hyperboles I see? Sitting back and letting you tell tales about someone who's being banned, if that makes your day, then please keep going. I have nothing more to say.
Your timestamp literally says "Last edited by Vin; Yesterday at 7:13 PM," after posting at 7:02. I logged in and posted around an hour later. You had plenty of time to realize you misinterpreted, find literally what I said he said, and replace your post with a -delete- like you've done so often before. Instead, you lashed out.

I understand that you might be upset over the events of the last few weeks. I also understand that you should be taking advantage of this second chance, doing some soul searching as to why you got banned and changing your behaviour for the better - not doubling down on it and acting like the whole internet is against you, which is a good way to get another ban.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Your timestamp literally says "Last edited by Vin; Yesterday at 7:13 PM," after posting at 7:02. I logged in and posted around an hour later. You had plenty of time to realize you misinterpreted, find literally what I said he said, and replace your post with a -delete- like you've done so often before. Instead, you lashed out.

I understand that you might be upset over the events of the last few weeks. I also understand that you should be taking advantage of this second chance, doing some soul searching as to why you got banned and changing your behaviour for the better - not doubling down on it and acting like the whole internet is against you, which is a good way to get another ban.
Quote:

Right. Either Vin learns, or he doesn't and gets banned for real

I did not misinterprete it. And of course your statement sounds like you are the next moderator. retro_orange is taking a step further: calling the moderators a "pathetic pushover".

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 6:29 PM

Move on Vin.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 6:53 PM

:popcorn:

Again I just cannot, for the life of me, find the popcorn emoji.

Last edited by scryer; Dec 4, 2018 at 7:32 PM.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2018, 9:55 PM

Quote:
I did not misinterprete it. And of course your statement sounds like you are the next moderator. retro_orange is taking a step further: calling the moderators a "pathetic pushover".
Once more, with actual context:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
I don't know much about Vin other than that his recent posts seem like he wants to be the new towerguy3. For years, he appears to have contributed to discussion in his own unique way, but his recent contributions to the forum are commensurate to a troll (calling people racist; sniping comments at people then running away, etc.). Regardless, the mods will likely monitor the forum objectively as a matter of course.

You failed to match the sentences, thought I was talking about you, flew completely off the handle and have yet to retract any of it. A simple "okay, I was wrong, but you should've made it more clear in the first place" would've gone down much better.

I don't have to be a mod to conduct myself as a grown man and hope others do as well, no matter how many posters are with or against me and my opinions. I doubt retro would've said that if you demonstrated the same more often.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion