HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Nov 29, 2009, 3:39 PM

Rice Wrap

Sign says Grand Opening Monday November 30, 2009 with 15% discount on the first day.

434 Bank Street (Bank & Gladstone)

Old Posted Mar 19, 2010, 6:24 PM

I'm not an experienced vietnamese foodie...although vietnamese kitchen was in regualar rotation pre T&L fire. I picked up a menu the other day...wow not for the queasy or weak stomached, variations of tripe other unheard of organs....was kinda hoping for a little more mainstream stuff. It's been open for a couple months now....and doesn't look busy. I'm not sure they'll last, but who knows, i hope i'm wrong. I thought that would be a good spot for Whalesbone...but perhaps the ambiance would be lost.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2010, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cntrtwnr View Post
I'm not an experienced vietnamese foodie...although vietnamese kitchen was in regualar rotation pre T&L fire. I picked up a menu the other day...wow not for the queasy or weak stomached, variations of tripe other unheard of organs....was kinda hoping for a little more mainstream stuff. It's been open for a couple months now....and doesn't look busy. I'm not sure they'll last, but who knows, i hope i'm wrong. I thought that would be a good spot for Whalesbone...but perhaps the ambiance would be lost.
meh, I have beef tripe, rare beef, tendons etc in my pho all the time, it sounds worse than it is, you should give it a try. Only reason I tried tendons was because I was given it by mistake in my pho once, and I pointed it out, only to have the waiter excuse himself but asking me to try it anyway, as it is an aphrodesiac and healthy for you....it actually doesn't taste like much. Beef tripe is common in Easter Europe where I am from, so it nice to have it in pho, againt, it doesn't taste like much, but its great with a splatter of hot sauce.

I think there are too many pho places in Ottawa actually, and I have yet to visit this one. The thing with pho is that most fanatics have their favourite places they stick to, and are willing to wait in line to get a seat instead of going to try a new place out, so I kind of agree, I doubt that place will last, especially since that area is close to Chinatown and very saturated with pho spots already.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2010, 2:37 PM

Red Pepper Thai-Viet

Rice Wrap has either closed or gotten new name/new ownership.
It's now Red Pepper Thai-Viet.

(Not to be confused with Viet-Thai, which is at Bank and Maclaren.)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation