HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Sep 9, 2021, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleblanc View Post
Sad part is the already outdated Centre Plan wouldn't even allow for these developments.

High density pockets should be 30+ storeys at this point as a base standard, instead now we're limiting them at 20.
Agreed 100% specially in these areas there isn't any complaints that hold water besides people not wanting to see tall apartment buildings in their back yard.

Old Posted May 27, 2022, 3:46 AM

Case 24300 Details

The landscaping changes are minor in nature. What is very notable is Westwood has purchased the lands behind this project along Parker Street and will be redeveloping that area under Centre Plan Site Plan Approval process. Construction will be done for both sites at the same time.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2023, 4:49 PM

Building permits submitted for both phases of this project! They will have a shared parking level.

2033 PARKER STREET - 5 FLOORS - 36 UNITS. Covers current civic numbers 2027-2049.

2032 ROBIE STREET - 22 FLOORS - 101 UNITS.

Last edited by Dmajackson; Dec 24, 2023 at 5:30 PM.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2023, 4:21 AM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
Building permits submitted for both phases of this project! They will have a shared parking level.

2033 PARKER STREET - 5 FLOORS - 36 UNITS. Covers current civic numbers 2027-2049.

2032 ROBIE STREET - 22 FLOORS - 101 UNITS.
Nice!!! What does permit submission imply? I recently saw the usual suspects were trying to shut these developments (really one development) down.

How can the public intervene against the obstructionists, or is this a done deal?

Old Posted Dec 25, 2023, 4:39 PM

What a nice Christmas present!
This was always one of my fav tower proposals.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2023, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyhaligonian View Post
Nice!!! What does permit submission imply? I recently saw the usual suspects were trying to shut these developments (really one development) down.

How can the public intervene against the obstructionists, or is this a done deal?
It implies a 2024 construction start. This is owned by Westwood Group who will be wrapping up work on The Mills soon and winding down at Richmond Yards over the next year. The permit application implies that this is their next project and they'll probably move labour to this site as it is freed up elsewhere.

I don't track turnaround on permit times but from a quick glance it looks like six months roughly to get large projects approved right now. It could be quicker if they have everything already submitted. Most companies aim for the permit to be issued during excavation.

My bet is excavation will commence this March/April, building permit will be issued in May/June, and actual building construction will start in September. The earlier and quicker the better though.

And nothing NIMBY's can do at this point. This is a mix of approved development agreement and as-of-right project.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2023, 10:27 PM

This one only took 9 years to get approved.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2023, 4:30 AM

^It's been awhile. Apparently when I first started blogging I attended the public information meeting for this project. That was back in 2015.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2023, 2:06 PM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
It implies a 2024 construction start. This is owned by Westwood Group who will be wrapping up work on The Mills soon and winding down at Richmond Yards over the next year. The permit application implies that this is their next project and they'll probably move labour to this site as it is freed up elsewhere.

I don't track turnaround on permit times but from a quick glance it looks like six months roughly to get large projects approved right now. It could be quicker if they have everything already submitted. Most companies aim for the permit to be issued during excavation.

My bet is excavation will commence this March/April, building permit will be issued in May/June, and actual building construction will start in September. The earlier and quicker the better though.

And nothing NIMBY's can do at this point. This is a mix of approved development agreement and as-of-right project.
Great to hear, thank you for the information. I was worried this one would get scuttled, as it will essentially complete the block and have a decent "tower wall" from The George down to The Welsford (which could do with some upgrading.

I hope more gets built up around Robie... it's a natural transit line and there's no need to own a car around this area.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2023, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyhaligonian View Post

I hope more gets built up around Robie... it's a natural transit line and there's no need to own a car around this area.
Depends upon work location and schedule. Who wants to live there and take a bus to work a 11 pm - 7 am shift at Oceanview Manor in Eastern Passage or the same shift in the ER at Dartmouth General. I could list many other examples.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2023, 4:40 AM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin May View Post
Depends upon work location and schedule. Who wants to live there and take a bus to work a 11 pm - 7 am shift at Oceanview Manor in Eastern Passage or the same shift in the ER at Dartmouth General. I could list many other examples.
The assumption being "around this area"... i.e., living in north/central/south downtown peninsula (where this development will be located basically equidistant).

The value for real estate closer to those locations you mention would make this building/area not very attractive.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth