HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 1:40 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
I honestly didn't know that St. Louis had a hood this urban. I would guess this is the most popular urban hood in the city right? The units look very well maintained and you can tell the people are mostly well off.
it's definitely up there in popularity, and is easily accessible to both urban business districts with light rail access. the neighborhoods all around forest park are popular, and urban. personally i have in the past photographed more peripherial neighborhoods kind of unintentionally overlooking the main-line nabes.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 5:05 PM
Red brick mama.

Quote:
I honestly didn't know that St. Louis had a hood this urban. I would guess this is the most popular urban hood in the city right? The units look very well maintained and you can tell the people are mostly well off.
Mello, you really need to visit St. Louis. There are so many great, extremely urban neighborhoods in the city, and each has their own unique character. After all, St. Louis is older than the United States! Here's another thread I did of another great neighborhood, Lafayette Square:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=189547

As you can see, it has a completely different look and feel than the CWE, but it's equally urban. There are MANY MANY more-- I urge you to search some old St. Louis threads for great pics from a number of forumers.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 8:51 PM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Quote:
It definitely looks amazing. What a crazy good area to live in.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 9:29 PM
Babylon falling

I will do that Gasm, this nabe featured here reminds me a little bit of sections of Brooklyn near prospect park. I know the style is different but it is very dense and looks pretty "upscale urban". I knew STL had some good hoods but nothing quite like this. I guess you have to remember that in 1940 it was one of America's major cities. Sometimes when you live in a place like San Diego which is bigger than St. Louis now but was tiny in comparison 70 years ago you don't realize how much prewar urban fabric those kinds of places must have.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 9:41 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
I will do that Gasm, this nabe featured here reminds me a little bit of sections of Brooklyn near prospect park. I know the style is different but it is very dense and looks pretty "upscale urban". I knew STL had some good hoods but nothing quite like this. I guess you have to remember that in 1940 it was one of America's major cities. Sometimes when you live in a place like San Diego which is bigger than St. Louis now but was tiny in comparison 70 years ago you don't realize how much prewar urban fabric those kinds of places must have.
St. Louis is weird, because there's kind of a "river city" with shotgun style flats and mansards (even with it's own upscale areas), and then this other more great lakes-y (or whatever) apartment-and-mansion city with rail transit sandwiched in the middle. I usually am a creature of the river-city part just because of where I live and where i work, but it's cool to go to the central corridor and almost feel like i'm on vacation.

Last edited by Centropolis; Oct 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2012, 12:35 AM
E pluribus unum

Impressive shots from the city that hosts Cincinnati's baseball overlords

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 7:19 PM
Pittsburgh rocks!!

Great photos. This is why I took a vacation to St. Louis a number of years back because this forum and learning about the city compelled me to do it. I had a blast and would take a vacation to St. Louis again. Don't have the money right now lol.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos