HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Feb 7, 2008, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfenoc View Post
I don't believe I asked for your opinion, jsf8278. But thanks for volunteering it.

Look, I understand some forumers don't come here often; they are ignorant of many projects, and that is fine. Informing people is what this forum is all about. But spoon feeding information to those who are especially obtuse is really annoying.

Let's say an average-length article is posted with facts like:
1) The west flank of a hotel will be cut from 10 to 7 stories
2) The current hotel is going to be knocked down for space

Then, somebody references the article, but has the gall to ask questions like:
1) How many stories will the west flank of the new hotel be?
2) What is going to happen to the current hotel? Shouldn't it be knocked down?

Here's what I have to say to that person. Read the damn article. The information is right there. Come on, how hard is it to spend 3 or 4 minutes reading an article? It can't be as hard as asking stupid questions on a forum and waiting for someone to point out the obvious.
lazy! I agree with you snfenoc...it's about time!

Old Posted Feb 7, 2008, 5:00 PM
West bench livin'

I am Uncle Xuldune*, and I approve of this message!

*My World of Warcraft persona...

Old Posted Feb 7, 2008, 5:17 PM
Edge_City

Quote:
I don't believe I asked for your opinion, jsf8278. But thanks for volunteering it.

Look, I understand some forumers don't come here often; they are ignorant of many projects, and that is fine. Informing people is what this forum is all about. But spoon feeding information to those who are especially obtuse is really annoying.

Let's say an average-length article is posted with facts like:
1) The west flank of a hotel will be cut from 10 to 7 stories
2) The current hotel is going to be knocked down for space

Then, somebody references the article, but has the gall to ask questions like:
1) How many stories will the west flank of the new hotel be?
2) What is going to happen to the current hotel? Shouldn't it be knocked down?

Here's what I have to say to that person. Read the damn article. The information is right there. Come on, how hard is it to spend 3 or 4 minutes reading an article? It can't be as hard as asking stupid questions on a forum and waiting for someone to point out the obvious.
I just think its funny that you take this much time to complain about someone not reading something that you think they should have. It as if you feel you somehow own the content of this forum. You sound like a whinny bitch, but hey, you weren't asking for my opinion were you.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2008, 5:23 PM
Kodachrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf8278 View Post
I just think its funny that you take this much time to complain about someone not reading something that you think they should have. It as if you feel you somehow own the content of this forum. You sound like a whinny bitch, but hey, you weren't asking for my opinion were you.
This is coming from a guy who was to lazy to read what had already been posted
two posts up and thinking he had the scoop in the Aura thread... please save it.

Quote:
oh i suppose i should have read the two posts up. I got lazy reading everyone's interpretation of what it meant to move a sign.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2008, 6:04 PM

I just think it's hilarious you spend so much time complaining about my complaint.

Who is the whiny bitch now?

I don't feel I own the content of this forum. In fact, I tend to be very tolerant of the numerous stupid, wasteful posts (the past 6 or 7 being a shining example ) we have. However, I find it a little annoying for someone to see an article (we know he saw it, because he referenced a line from it); ignore much of it; then ask questions that could have been answered by spending a few minutes actually reading the article. By the way, this is not an isolated case.

With all of that said, I apologize for being rude; I should have just bit my tongue and answered the question.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2008, 6:56 PM
Edge_City

Quote:
I just think it's hilarious you spend so much time complaining about my complaint.

Who is the whiny bitch now?

I don't feel I own the content of this forum. In fact, I tend to be very tolerant of the numerous stupid, wasteful posts (the past 6 or 7 being a shining example ) we have. However, I find it a little annoying for someone to see an article (we know he saw it, because he referenced a line from it); ignore much of it; then ask questions that could have been answered by spending a few minutes actually reading the article. By the way, this is not an isolated case.

With all of that said, I apologize for being rude; I should have just bit my tongue and answered the question.
Apology accepted...I too apologize for the snide bitch comment. No need for that crap really.

Inov:
making a point about this by digging up a previous post of mine that I acknowledged I shouldn't I made is pretty lame. I hope the small sense of self-pride you gain by pointing out other people's mistakes is worth sounding like a jerk.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2008, 7:31 PM
Kodachrome

Quote:
Inov:
making a point about this by digging up a previous post of mine that I acknowledged I shouldn't I made is pretty lame. I hope the small sense of self-pride you gain by pointing out other people's mistakes is worth sounding like a jerk.
Uh, okay.

Remember, I was not the one who injected name calling into the discussion.

Have a good day jsf8278

Old Posted Feb 7, 2008, 7:50 PM
CHACUN SON GOÛT

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8 View Post
Uh, okay.

Remember, I was not the one who injected name calling into the discussion.

Have a good day jsf8278
Now you are getting all gooshy on us. How sweet. Can't we all just get along. Hehehe. I'm gonna crack some heads if y'all jump on my case.

Last edited by BrianSac; Feb 8, 2008 at 12:11 AM.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the apology, snfenoc. I can appreciate your frustration at someone asking a question whose answer was just posted. Please put down the gun though. Skimming is not a crime!

I've been working in Orange County the last few months and I got back to Sacramento last week. The carping tone of the Sac board hasn't changed in my absence and I see I'm as popular here as ever.

It's good to be home!

p.s. Your post about the K Street tour last week was razor sharp, as usual, and funny. I read every word of it TWICE.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2008, 12:12 PM

It's a little awkward to post but cut to chase: it seems best I stop posting on the Sac Skyscraper forum and I will do that after today.

This is off topic in a thread about SMF. But this is where things bubbled up and I thought best to finish here and let the thread get back to SMF, hopefully very soon. If a moderator sees fit please consider deleting the whole last string of comments, including this one, as they're not about SMF.

I like to end things on a positive note when possible. So thanks to everyone for all the lively discussions and all the info and pics. Best wishes to all.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2008, 10:11 PM
Kodachrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
It's a little awkward to post but cut to chase: it seems best I stop posting on the Sac Skyscraper forum and I will do that after today.
Taking this a little personal aren’t you? It’s a love/hate relationship around
here and always will be. I know I’m loathed by many on here, so much so
that people have PM and emailed my saying so. We all contribute something,
but it’s often the readers who take it the wrong way.

You should defiantly chime in from time to time… the silent lurking majority love this stuff.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2008, 11:06 PM
my posse's on broadway

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8 View Post
Taking this a little personal aren’t you? It’s a love/hate relationship around
here and always will be. I know I’m loathed by many on here, so much so
that people have PM and emailed my saying so. We all contribute something,
but it’s often the readers who take it the wrong way.

You should defiantly chime in from time to time… the silent lurking majority love this stuff.
agreed.

I know I've gotten into it with several forumers before, but i think nothing
further of it, and value everybody's contribution to this place.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2008, 1:29 AM

A

Last edited by Phillip; Feb 11, 2008 at 6:59 AM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2008, 2:18 AM
CHACUN SON GOÛT

Best Wishes to you to Buddy. We will be here when you come back.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2008, 5:58 AM
silly slackergeek

Great News fr SMF...

It's official: USAir starts non-stop service to BOTH Charlotte and Philadelphia starting June 3.

I'm trying to get more details - but getting this kind of commitment from USAir is a huge step that show great confidence in the Sacramento market. USAir hasn't started a new service (to the West Coast) from Philly or CLT in years.

Great way to start the year.

Last edited by travis bickle; Feb 25, 2008 at 6:33 AM.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2008, 6:31 AM
silly slackergeek

Here are the details...

OK... here's the story:

Sacramento - Charlotte:

Flight 378 - Lv. SMF 10:30pm - Ar. CLT 6:10am.

Charlotte - Sacramento

Flight 377 - Lv. CLT 8:20pm - Ar. SMF 10:40pm.

Sacramento - Philadelphia

Flight 376 - Lv. SMF 8:30am - Ar. PHL 4:31pm.

Philadelphia - Sacramento

Flight 375 - Lv. PHL 6:00pm - Ar. SMF 9:00pm.

Both are indeed A-320s. Service to both of USAir's East Coast hubs is fantastic to me. I thought one or the other, but not both!

Great start to the new year for SMF!

Old Posted Feb 25, 2008, 3:02 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

That's great news Travis..

Old Posted Feb 25, 2008, 6:19 PM

Yippy!!! I'm absolutely stunned. I did not see this coming, at least not both Charlotte and Philly. Hopefully, the Sac market can support it. Maybe a Boston flight is around the corner. BTW, these flights are seasonal right??

Last edited by Pistola916; Feb 25, 2008 at 10:01 PM.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2008, 6:42 AM
CHACUN SON GOÛT

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis bickle View Post
OK... here's the story:

Sacramento - Charlotte:

Flight 378 - Lv. SMF 10:30pm - Ar. CLT 6:10am.

Charlotte - Sacramento

Flight 377 - Lv. CLT 8:20pm - Ar. SMF 10:40pm.

Sacramento - Philadelphia

Flight 376 - Lv. SMF 8:30am - Ar. PHL 4:31pm.

Philadelphia - Sacramento

Flight 375 - Lv. PHL 6:00pm - Ar. SMF 9:00pm.

Both are indeed A-320s. Service to both of USAir's East Coast hubs is fantastic to me. I thought one or the other, but not both!

Great start to the new year for SMF!

Awesome!!

We so badly need more non-stop transcontinental flights. This opens up more opportunities to Europe and the Carribean as well.

We are planning a trip to Paris and Rome in May, and US Airways has non-stops to both so this is way cool. I hate driving to SFO or connecting through LAX to fly to Europe.

Will we ever get a non-stop to Europe? Any guesses on which European airport will be our first?: Heathrow, Schiphol, CDG, or Frankfurt am Main?

Our only non-stops to the east coast (transcontinental flights) are
a red eye and a regular daytime flight to JFK, an extremely early flight to Atlanta, and a regular morning flight to Dulles(Washington DC). So I'm really excited about this.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2008, 6:42 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSac View Post
Will we ever get a non-stop to Europe? Any guesses on which European airport will be our first?: Heathrow, Schiphol, CDG, or Frankfurt am Main?

I'm guessing (and this is only a wild guess mind you.)

2015 at the absolute earliest...

SFO is still Northern California's premiere international airport and will be until that airport get's more boxed in and the transatlantic carriers think that there is enough demand coming from the Valley to justify moving a flight to SMF from SFO or establishing a new flight outright.

SFO attracts a lot of international visitors who fly to San Francisco as tourists, as well as bay area residents flying to international destinations. SMF would have to rely on people in and around the Sacramento/Stockton area (perhaps as far as Vallejo to the West) who want to fly out of SMF and return, in order to support international traffic.

I just don't think it's likely anytime soon because i think Sacramento (like Oakland and SJC) will continue evolving as strong domestic airport, while SFO continues to be the true international airport.

Travis any thoughts??

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area