HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamchung taiwan View Post
This cost of whole redevelopment is about 30 billion US dollars...100billion NT. It includes 17km underground railway and train station redevelopment. The underground project had been started in few years. The bid of train station redevelopment will start at tomorrow 25/11/09.

And the structure you are talking about is not bridge, it is kind of cover.
like a big umbrella? why do you need a cover? do taiwanese hate the rain that much? just stay indoors!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal View Post
like a big umbrella? why do you need a cover? do taiwanese hate the rain that much? just stay indoors!

Kaoshiung doesn't have many rain, it has a lot fo sun shine...
And why ask me, I'm not a client of this project.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Kaoshiung doesn't have many rain, it has a lot fo sun shine...
And why ask me, I'm not a client of this project.
i'm just asking! so dont give me attitude! geesh!!!

Old Posted May 22, 2010, 12:10 PM

New Rendering for Taoyuan Train Station Redevelopment

Last edited by williamchung taiwan; Aug 10, 2010 at 3:52 AM.

Old Posted May 23, 2010, 3:14 AM

that is SUPER nice!!! BUT are they going to BUILD it????? i'm tired of seeing all these nice renderings of projects then find out they arent even going to build it. like someone tempting you with candy but then not giving you any!

Last edited by Razqal; May 23, 2010 at 3:25 AM.

Old Posted May 23, 2010, 6:36 AM

Quote:
that is SUPER nice!!! BUT are they going to BUILD it????? i'm tired of seeing all these nice renderings of projects then find out they arent even going to build it. like someone tempting you with candy but then not giving you any!
The actual development for Taoyuan train redevelopment project is far behind this stage, this project is in proposed stage.

However, Kaohsiung train station redevelopment is going to start, which has been delcared by government 21.4 billion NT dollars project for first stage development.

Last edited by williamchung taiwan; May 23, 2010 at 6:47 AM.

Old Posted May 23, 2010, 8:34 AM

Quote:
The actual development for Taoyuan train redevelopment project is far behind this stage, this project is in proposed stage.

However, Kaohsiung train station redevelopment is going to start, which has been delcared by government 21.4 billion NT dollars project for first stage development.
do you have a final rendering of it? they better have kept the original design and not changed it to make it worse!

Old Posted May 23, 2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
do you have a final rendering of it? they better have kept the original design and not changed it to make it worse!
http://www.railway.gov.tw/EAY980521/main.htm

For Taoyuan Rail Redevelopment, there are three stages I think.

Fist stage,Taiwan Rail Department build temporary rail lines and train station between Jongli City and Taoyuan City. This project is almost completed.

And then scond stage, build elevated railway to replace original rail line between Jongli City and Taoyuan City which will cost 40.9 billion NT dollars(Taoyuan County government share 10.9 billion NT dollars) and take 9 years to complete. It will be between 2019 to 2020.

Final stage is Jungli and Taoyuan Train station Redevelopment, it has to wait after elevated railway complete which we need to wait until 2020. I believe these project is going to be BOT.

So I suppose that these new train station renderings have great chance to change, it is too early to say they are going to build train station base on these proposed renderings.

Last edited by williamchung taiwan; Aug 10, 2010 at 3:51 AM.

Old Posted May 23, 2010, 11:46 PM
The Picture Guy

^^, right now is close to ROC year 100, which means the complex will be finished close to the Year 130. Why does it take freaking 30 Years to build 2 midrise buildings !?!?!. For 30 years, they can build the entire city of Shanghai!! I understand that it is integrated with the railway station, but it is still too long !! Many of us forumers will be 60 years old when they finish this.

Old Posted May 24, 2010, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip View Post
^^, right now is close to ROC year 100, which means the complex will be finished close to the Year 130. Why does it take freaking 30 Years to build 2 midrise buildings !?!?!. For 30 years, they can build the entire city of Shanghai!! I understand that it is integrated with the railway station, but it is still too long !! Many of us forumers will be 60 years old when they finish this.
because in shanghai and china in general the govt and corrupt businessmen can just take your home and land without your permission, kick you out and not even compensate you. that's why they can move much faster!!

Old Posted May 24, 2010, 6:32 AM
Bamboo Tiger

Quote:
Quote:
because in shanghai and china in general the govt and corrupt businessmen can just take your home and land without your permission, kick you out and not even compensate you. that's why they can move much faster!!
Shanghai vs Zhongli; let the battle commence!

Video Link

Old Posted May 24, 2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip View Post
It should be expected if you understand the circumstance in terms of law and urban plan. Taiwan is democracy country, Taiwanese constitution protect the right of ownership for private assest, that is house, land and everything has value to owner unless owner breach the law allow government remove them, but the law cannot against constitution.

This rail revelopment project is going to demolish hundreds of houses and levy thousand hectares of land. It already cause a lot of strikes from residents since government delcared the project end of last year. If you are executive which responsible to this kind of project, you will know how difficulty to negotiate with angry community. Resdients and council will push pressure on you and your team.

By the way, time schedule for every project in Taiwan is calculated by formulae.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2010, 4:56 PM
台灣少年

Lightbulb Taipei Rail Map

Including THSR, TRA, Taipei MRT & Other Lines...
(Click on thumbnails to see full size maps)

Traditional Chinese Edition:

English (Hanyu Pinyin) Edition:

English (Wade-Giles) Edition:

Last edited by Taiwan Junior; Dec 24, 2010 at 4:02 PM.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2010, 4:57 PM
台灣少年

Lightbulb Kaohsiung Rail Map

Including THSR, TRA, Kaohsiung MRT & Other Lines...
(Click on thumbnails to see full size maps)

Traditional Chinese Edition:

English (Tongyong Pinyin) Edition:

English (Wade-Giles) Edition:

Last edited by Taiwan Junior; Dec 24, 2010 at 4:04 PM.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2010, 3:54 AM

The strike by residents continue push pressure to government, however the project has been started.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 8:28 AM

Taichung train station redevelopment

Old Posted Sep 26, 2010, 8:45 AM

More renderings

Toayuan Train Station Redevelopment

Jongli Train Station Redevelopment

Old Posted Oct 19, 2010, 11:34 PM

source: http://focustaiwan.tw/ShowNews/WebNe...D=201010120040

Major construction to start on Kaohsiung underground railway
2010/10/12 22:14:01

(CNA) The construction of a new main station for Kaohsiung will start next February, marking major progress in a project to put the city's railway underground, the Railway Reconstruction Bureau (RRB) said Tuesday.

The "three-in-one" Kaohsiung Main Station, which will serve the regular railway, the mass rapid transit system, and possibly the high speed railway, is scheduled to start operating by the end of 2017 and is expected to breathe new life into communities along the existing rail corridor and surrounding areas.

"The new station will become the gateway of the Kaohsiung metropolitan area and showcase its image as a port city, " said Chou Yung-hui, deputy director-general of the RRB.

Puttint the railway underground will greatly reduce traffic congestion caused by the five existing level crossings and 13 overpasses, he said.

So far, 37 percent of the NT$82.2 billion (US$2.6 billion) project has been completed. According to the RRB, the 13-kilometer underground railway will serve six new stations in addition to the two major stations of Kaohsiung and Zuoying.

These stations together will enhance local express services, increase rail transport capacity and provide better connections along the north-south corridor of the largest city in southern Taiwan with a population of over 1.5 million. (By Hsin-Yin Lee)

Old Posted Dec 26, 2010, 11:33 PM

http://english.trtc.com.tw/ct.asp?xI...1752&mp=122032

matra vals are being reintegrated into the light rail portion of the mrt

Old Posted Jan 13, 2011, 12:16 AM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

Quote:
Totally agree. I like how this one uses a lot of glass Easier to maintain that tiles...

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan