HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs

Old Posted May 24, 2011, 2:51 PM

Stoney Creek Recreation Centre

source: http://www.lintack.com/portfolio.php...30&project=804

From the Lintack Architects website:

STONEY CREEK RECREATION CENTRE

Stoney Creek, ON

This community facility comprises of three pools, change rooms, and a fitness room as well as other community rooms. This building is built using LEED principles in order to create an energy

Old Posted May 24, 2011, 3:08 PM

I'm assuming this is in the Stoney Creek Community Park in Stoney Creek Village?

Apparently construction was to begin in September? Any updates, or better yet, photos?

Old Posted May 25, 2011, 4:14 AM

i work in the area on friday. if not already done i will see if i can snap some photos. i know the foundation has been dug out and poured.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 11:42 PM

Construction is almost complete!

I just drove by the new recreation centre. It is almost done construction and it looks great. Here are a few pictures. (I just took the pictures as we were driving by so they aren't that great, lol)

I like all the Hamilton signs all over the building. It makes it seem like Stoney Creek is finally accepting that it is a part of Hamilton.

Behind the tree there is the Hamilton "H" symbol and below that it says "Stoney Creek Recreation Centre"...I tried to get it in the picture but it is hard to get a good picture in a moving car...

It looks really good at night too. They have the parking lot lit up really nice and bright unlike before. I'll try to get a picture of that either tonight or maybe by the weekend if I go for a walk down that way. I'll post some more pictures when it gets closer to completion cause I live only a few blocks away so I see it all the time.

Old Posted May 25, 2012, 12:11 AM
It's Hammer Time

I got to take a look during the long weekend and I was very impressed. A good cozy urban design.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 4:58 AM

Update

All of the landscaping seemed to be done when I drove by last week and it looked great. They've filled all the dividers in the parking lot with plants which is way better then the nothing that was there before. The grass hadn't been layed out yet, but should be soon if it hasn't already since I drove by last week. I'll try to get some pictures within the next few days.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 7:31 PM

Quick Picture Update

Drove by today on my way to Oakville and got these pictures quick. They are just to show that all of the landscaping and exterior is done.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 11:45 PM
Bruatalism gets no respec

nice dash.

I think humans have hit the all time low in architectural design. I wonder what architectural historians will call this era? "Shitbox"

Old Posted Jul 2, 2012, 5:17 AM

Another quick picture update.

Got this picture on the way home from my brother's house today. It is a better angle then the last two pictures.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2012, 9:46 PM

update

Drove by on my way home from downtown today and saw people inside swimming so I guess it is open now? I never heard about any grand opening day but I have been on vacation for the last 2 weeks so it probably happened then I guess.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2012, 12:56 AM

I said I would get a picture of it at night so here it is. You can see the new playground on the right side of the picture.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs