HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West

Old Posted May 20, 2006, 6:01 AM
Tokyo 1993 - 1998

Any other city you would get great feedbacks on this.. ha ha... this is a direct atribute to what Spokane is doing and invisioning for that area just east of downtown..... Washington's "2ND LARGEST" is emerging again! I like what I am hearing and the future for the city is looking real good...

The CDA project looks nice... wonder if that "pond" could be used for something else?..... CDA has a lake.... kind of a "suburban" lookish lake.. ahhhhhh sprawl looking to me ghost22.... but never the less good for CDA... the development occuring in CDA is amazing....

Last edited by oilcan; May 20, 2006 at 6:11 AM.

Old Posted May 20, 2006, 10:38 AM
Hub for an Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost22
wow that is great news, is there anything saying how tall the other buildings could be? One thing though, with all the projects flying in, if even most of them go through is anyone worried about whether the transportation infrastructure could handle it so quickly?
I don't see these buildings being very tall, Ghost...due to the location. The articles stated the development will take up to 10 years, but could be finished earlier than that, depending on demand, but there seems to be plenty of interest, from outside sources! Guess, word is getting out about the Spokane/CDA Metro Area......finally!

Looks like both Spokane and CDA are overcoming their reputations of the last few years........CDA's being the Aryan Nation and Spokane being hit with a low preception of no change/economic stagnation! I know it took Spokane a decade from the damage done in the early 80's due to the change in industries/markets and companies merging/closing (ONB, Cascade Airways, Crescent)!
With companies once again based here (Sterling Savings, Red Lion Hotels, Potlach, etc...) seems they are helping boost the area's economy forward again! Also, the older Baby Boom, and older, are moving back to their roots, or finding out about the area's appeal!

Old Posted May 20, 2006, 5:43 PM
A before E

cant wait to see what the designs for this one will look like. I am so happy to see real progress for that area finally happening. And good to see the Jensen will be saved, it is such a cool building.

I have a feeling this district and the Kendall Yards will be the bookends for the city that stimulate the activity between it.

Old Posted May 20, 2006, 10:44 PM

Hey.....just wanted to let everyone know in this forum that if you are interested in blogging about anything that is happening in and around downtown, you can go to this forum:

http://spokurban.blogspot.com/

He always keeps it updated and we post about everything that is happening downtown. It is a great forum for anyone interested in downtown Spokane. Everyone is invited to post. Please bring your insights. Thanks.

Old Posted May 20, 2006, 11:06 PM
Tokyo 1993 - 1998

revrw^

That is a great site .. contributing a great deal of info to people who want to keep intouch with Spokane... I have in on my computer as a "favorite" link..

BTW I like the bit on all the residentials going up... nice work.. I noticed he posted Havermille Park on there, is that project a go?

Last edited by oilcan; May 20, 2006 at 11:56 PM.

Old Posted May 21, 2006, 4:20 AM

^ oilcan....from what I know it is still a go, but I have heard rumors that condoverbond, which is in charge of the Havermale project, is going bankrupt. I am not 100% sure, but I have heard that from 2 different sources.

Old Posted May 21, 2006, 5:32 AM
Rathdrum

anyone have anything on the timeline or completion date of the north/south freeway. I seriously hope they dont name it the northern corridor.at least give it a I-### name.

Old Posted May 21, 2006, 5:36 AM
Tokyo 1993 - 1998

^Thanks........ I have been monotoring the havermalepark website http://www.havermalepark.com/for ohhh about 3 years now... with the same info at that time about 3 years ago Brewster was mentioning a 22-25 story residencial highrise now the obvious (Vox Tower)... I figured it was a dead deal? That would be great, I really like this project.. and now if any would be the time to get it "kickstarted".. Upon reading since I don't live there I did see where some business tenants occupy some of the buildings? But was unaware of residencials?

Last edited by oilcan; May 21, 2006 at 5:47 AM.

Old Posted May 21, 2006, 6:02 AM

We'll as far as the Vox tower.....that is a go!!! Financing is in place and you have to think that Rob Brewster is excited that the development team for the U-district does not have any plans in place for any residential structures (they announced 4 new structures to be built over the next 10 years, 5 if demand is high enough...not including the new nursing facility) which means a higher occupancy rate for him since most of the Vox Tower will be apartments.

As far as the North/South Freeway is concerned......They say if they had all the financing in place, they could have it built in 10 years, but unfortunately financing is a year by year thing. They have made significate progress though. You can check out the washington state department of transportation website to see updates if you click on Spokane county. I can only picture what Spokane could be like in 2020 if all of the projects that are planned come through. N/S freeway, light rail to liberty lake, kendall yards, U-district, trolley system that runs from kendall yards through downtown to the u-district, not including all of the condos and proposed towers downtown. That would be some great infastructure in a city like Spokane. We could be the model for medium size cities!!!

Old Posted May 21, 2006, 6:15 AM
Rathdrum

by 2020 there will be projects not even in the minds of developers built as well as i really think the n/s freeway will need to continue south to an interchange with 195 somewhere near ohh by then around 110th st.

Old Posted May 21, 2006, 4:12 PM
Hub for an Empire

^^^^ Also in the last issue of the Business of Journal, regarding the North-South Corridor, it stated about rebids being taken by the DOT for six bridges between U.S. 395 and Francis Ave.!
Work is supposed to start this mid-summer and to be completed late 2007 or early 2008, That section of the freeway has a planned opening of 2008!

I think one of the agreements with the U-District, that WSU put in place, that there would be residential in the plan, but no Condo's! Since it looks like they are concentrating on other buildings first, it should give Brewster some time to get the VOX Tower in place!

Is there a rendering out, on the Havermale Park tower? I never saw one, when I went in the website last.

Old Posted May 21, 2006, 4:48 PM
Tokyo 1993 - 1998

^ i was wondering the same thing on the Havermale Park Tower... Empor shows it as being "proposed" 21-23 floors and then the Vox 30 floors "approved" I was thinking Brewster was using the Vox as that tower but guess not? With the new Convention Center, the Vox, Havermale park, u-district, Phoenix Project, Mr. CdA's Duany H. hotel tower he was jawwing about building although maybe a jab at CdA, then if this Havermale park tower comes a bout... it will quite some area in Eastern Downtown..

Old Posted May 21, 2006, 11:16 PM
Hub for an Empire

^^ I'll be surprised to see the Havermale Park project for awhile....I think the VOX tower will keep him occupied for awhile, especially financially!! Wonder if it will block views from the VOX??

Also, don't see Duane involved in the Spokane front....IMO! It was a threat, I'm sure! It would be great if he took an interest over on this side of the border of the Metro, but again, I don't see it! ....Unfortunately, since it would be great if the two counties moved together as one!

.....even still, I think things will be peppy from all parts of the city in the coming years!

Old Posted May 22, 2006, 12:40 AM

havermale park = vox

Guys,

The Havermale Tower and the Vox Tower are one in the same. They are in the exact same location.

Old Posted May 22, 2006, 12:56 AM
Tokyo 1993 - 1998

That's what I was thinking...

Old Posted May 22, 2006, 5:08 AM
Rathdrum

hey i have heard of a grass roots campaign to join eastern washington with northern idaho to create a 51st state. of course farfetched there are some statesman in both states that support it. it would cut idaho off north of the salmon river and cutoff washington at the cascades. make spokane the state capitol. the state name is proposed as the State of Columbia. i will try to find the site if i can and post it. this would allow spokane couer d'alene to become same state. i know in our dreams.

One other site i would like to see developed is the site in post falls contained by the west side of spokane street, south of the freeway, and north of the river. anyone know of anything going in here? there is atleast 40 or 50 acres there

Last edited by ghost22; May 22, 2006 at 5:13 AM.

Old Posted May 23, 2006, 12:04 AM
The higher the better!

I've heard of the "State of Columbia" before. A friend of mine sent me an email about it a few years ago. Back then, the idea was to combine Eastern Washington, Northern Idaho and parts of Southeastern BC....in other words, it had to have been a really bad rumor or a half-assed attempt at an April Fools Joke since that would never happen. The west side of the state may ignore us when it comes to spending, but they love us when it comes to tax revenue...just a few more bucks to spend in Seattle. I REALLY doubt this would ever happen, and that's assuming there really is anyone who wants it to.

That said, Spokane would be a great capital city. Hmmmm, where should the capitol building be built?

Old Posted May 23, 2006, 12:29 AM

To separate Washington at the Cascades was actually quite a bit more than a rumor, it was discussed in the state senate a few years back. (Never heard the BC part before though, I highly doubt that's true.) The idea is, of course, not very practical as the west side subsidizes anything between the Cascades and Spokane pretty heavily.

Old Posted May 23, 2006, 1:51 AM
Hub for an Empire

There has been talk about having Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho combined for a few years. I doubt it will materialize after all the years of this talk. I think the perfect time to combine the two regions would have be after Spokane's first growth spurt in the late 1890's or early 1900's......also when Boise took away the State Capitol from Lewiston, the two areas should of took action then!

I really don't think anything will materialize in the future, since the world seems a smaller place now with the internet/travel!

Old Posted May 23, 2006, 2:03 AM
A before E

yeah, they had the best chance to become a state in 1900. We have too much on our plate to worry about states deviding. Hell I wish california was spit into a few states.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West