HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 26, 2007, 5:30 AM
BANNED

New annexations!

Just had to keep you guys posted on the new developments for the Pueblo Metro area. According to the Pueblo Chieftain on Monday December 24 there are at least 3 more annexations going to take place and probably more. In one of the annexations the developers want to build a scientific park by the university to get scientific based companies to move to pueblo! That would be awesome and I believe boasts Pueblo's chances of getting some high rises in downtown before long.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2009, 3:55 PM
BANNED

County receives national award for road project

Good article about the new road to Pueblo's airport industrial park. My hope is this road will bring more development to the area including a Walmart Distribution Center.

Here is the article from today's Pueblo Chieftain:

Pueblo County’s decision to use concrete instead of asphalt on an airport industrial park road not only saved money but also earned a major national award for the way the project turned out.

The county’s Public Works Department has been recognized for several achievement awards related to the extension and improvement of William White Boulevard.

The project was part of the much larger Defense Access Road program, funded mainly by the federal government. The purpose was to improve the roads through the industrial park and provide a second access point besides Paul Harvey Boulevard for the numerous trucks and commuters who will be working at the chemical demilitarization plant.

When it came time to extend William White to Colorado 47, high oil prices made concrete more economical than asphalt.

The work won the outstanding project award within its region and category by the Colorado/Wyoming Chapter of the American Concrete Pavement Association at its annual conference. It later was selected as the gold level national winner of the ACPA National 20th Annual Excellence in Concrete Pavement Award in the category of County Roads, making it the best concrete paved road in the nation. Pueblo County was led by Greg Severance, public works director and Rich Simpson, project manager. The contractor was Castle Rock Construction Co. and the design and project management consultant was Short Elliott Hendrickson.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2009, 8:29 PM
BANNED

This is the Wells Fargo highrise in Pueblo, it is 210 feet high. I took this picture about 2 weeks ago.

Here is a picture of 2 new residence halls going up at Colorado State University - Pueblo. It is the fastest growing university in the state of Colorado!

Old Posted Oct 13, 2009, 8:39 PM
BANNED

This is a new tower going up at Parkview Medical Center located in downtown Pueblo!

Old Posted Oct 13, 2009, 10:13 PM
BANNED

Big R moved their corporate headquarters and distribution center to Pueblo. This was the formal announcement at the Riverwalk in downtown Pueblo.

Pueblo is home to a few corporate headquarters. This is the Professional Bull Riders, they are located on the Riverwalk as well.

Pueblo has a great Riverwalk that was built back in the 1990's. The goal is to extend it past the convention center to the baseball stadium and lake and have a nice urban park and historic area that you see in cities like San Antonio.

Today while I was there I decided to take a picture of two of the newest condo projects. As time goes on I will focus on this area more as I feel that is a great part of Pueblo.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2009, 10:38 PM
BANNED

It is from the top of the attenna. I happen to be in the camp that counts that part.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2009, 10:41 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
It is from the top of the attenna. I happen to be in the camp that counts that part.
Sorry, but the antenna is more than half the height of that building! It's ridiculous to count it, and you know it! :argh:

How many floors is it? 8 or 9 at most?

Aaron (Glowrock)

Old Posted Oct 13, 2009, 10:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrock View Post
Sorry, but the antenna is more than half the height of that building! It's ridiculous to count it, and you know it! :argh:

How many floors is it? 8 or 9 at most?

Aaron (Glowrock)
The Wells Fargo Buildings has 8 floors.

1. Height to the architectural top (including spires and pinnacles, but not antennas, masts or flagpoles). This measurement is the most widely utilized and is used to define the rankings of the 100 Tallest Buildings in the World.

2. Highest Occupied Floor

3. Height to Top of Roof

4. Height to Tip

I concede that the first one is the most recognized but I prefer the 4th one.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 4:20 AM
Meh

I'm not sure where you found that information, but that is not the way buildings are officially measured. Things like antennas, flagpoles, masts and signs are not counted as the official height. These are temporary structures that might only serve one type of tenant. Let's say the building is an office building with an antenna on the roof, but then the building becomes vacant at some point and then is turned into residential. It would likely be renovated and the antenna would probably be removed. This has happened many times before. Unless a rooftop structure is part of the design and is intended to be permanent, it shouldn't be counted. Anyway, this is an age old debate/argument and this is not the place for it.

There is a thread posted at the link below where it's being discussed though.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=174028

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 9:53 AM
Robotic Construction

If antennas count, then the USA has 57 structures (built or under construction) taller than the Freedom Tower going up in New York. They are called communications towers. They are giant antennas.

Here's the link to the diagram Eeyore, check it out...

As for the hope of Pueblo getting to high-rises soon... What I would hope for is that all those parking lots along the nice River Walk downtown Pueblo, soon get built up with quality, mixed-use low to mid-rises. That would transform your city bro! Really, a dozen low to mid-rises (in the 4 to 12 story range), would make downtown Pueblo vibrant and interesting.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2009, 7:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyderBock View Post
If antennas count, then the USA has 57 structures (built or under construction) taller than the Freedom Tower going up in New York. They are called communications towers. They are giant antennas.

Here's the link to the diagram Eeyore, check it out...

As for the hope of Pueblo getting to high-rises soon... What I would hope for is that all those parking lots along the nice River Walk downtown Pueblo, soon get built up with quality, mixed-use low to mid-rises. That would transform your city bro! Really, a dozen low to mid-rises (in the 4 to 12 story range), would make downtown Pueblo vibrant and interesting.
I agree however I would not mind a few highrises above 20 stories in up town.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations