HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 12:56 AM

^Nice find. From what I've heard (from our HOA), phase one of that project is just the parking deck and liner retail, and the apartment tower won't be built until later. Tree removal notice signs were put up a few weeks ago, so construction could start very soon.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 5:38 AM

That is incredibly disappointing. What a waste. This should be a prime location but instead.... nothing.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
^Nice find. From what I've heard (from our HOA), phase one of that project is just the parking deck and liner retail, and the apartment tower won't be built until later. Tree removal notice signs were put up a few weeks ago, so construction could start very soon.
There's the 4 story apartments surrounding the other side of that deck and the tower. Is the 4 story apartments AND the tower phase 2 or just the tower?

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 5:49 PM

Not bad. It looks like they "dumbed down" the midrise apartment sections. At least the retail looks pretty good. Apparently the curb cut on W Peachtree is still there despite the fact that they have the entire block to access the development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
33 Peachtree Place

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
But from what I've heard, the deck will be immediately followed by the Phase 2 construction. They had to do it this way so that the office tenants had parking available.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
But from what I've heard, the deck will be immediately followed by the Phase 2 construction. They had to do it this way so that the office tenants had parking available.
That's what I had assumed. The money maker in this project will be the apartments, so I'd assume they'd want those up as soon as they can after the deck is ready for the office parking.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2014, 5:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
They should have done underground parking.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2014, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
This is on top of the North-South MARTA line. Underground parking isn't in the cards.

The design is actuall hampered by the fact that the foundation system will have to straddle the subway lines and bridge across. And, they have to build the parking first to accomodate the AGL empoloyee spaces.

This is a difficult site and I can see why it took this look to develop. All things considered, it's not that bad of a development. It replaces a huge surface lot next to MARTA in the heart of Midtown. It's got street level retail and a decent amount of apartment units.

In my book, this is a win.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2014, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
While I would be inclined to agree with you in most cases, this project is located directly above a MARTA line. I could see underground parking being a bit problematic.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2014, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newnan_eric View Post
this is on top of the north-south marta line. Underground parking isn't in the cards.

The design is actuall hampered by the fact that the foundation system will have to straddle the subway lines and bridge across. And, they have to build the parking first to accomodate the agl empoloyee spaces.

This is a difficult site and i can see why it took this look to develop. All things considered, it's not that bad of a development. It replaces a huge surface lot next to marta in the heart of midtown. It's got street level retail and a decent amount of apartment units.

agreed

Old Posted Feb 11, 2014, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
agreed
Agree...design is a B-, but it's light years better than a parking lot next to the MARTA station.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2014, 5:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newnan_Eric View Post
This is on top of the North-South MARTA line. Underground parking isn't in the cards.

The design is actuall hampered by the fact that the foundation system will have to straddle the subway lines and bridge across. And, they have to build the parking first to accomodate the AGL empoloyee spaces.

This is a difficult site and I can see why it took this look to develop. All things considered, it's not that bad of a development. It replaces a huge surface lot next to MARTA in the heart of Midtown. It's got street level retail and a decent amount of apartment units.

Totally agree on all points, Eric.

I just don't like the design - something more modern is called for in this location, imo.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2014, 3:06 PM

All of those apartment buildings in Atlanta look the same, 4-5 story with ugly design. For me it doesn't look different than Skyhouse with disgusting parking deck. I wish something like that was build on 33 Peachtree place, something fresh, modern and iconic.

City Center DC

Old Posted Feb 12, 2014, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelra View Post
All of those apartment buildings in Atlanta look the same, 4-5 story with ugly design. For me it doesn't look different than Skyhouse with disgusting parking deck. I wish something like that was build on 33 Peachtree place, something fresh, modern and iconic.

City Center DC

I agree with you all the way, you just read my mind lol, that will be great for that area...

Old Posted Feb 12, 2014, 8:41 PM

Quote:
There are SO many different designs for apartment buildings in Atlanta. Take a walk around Midtown and it might change your mind.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:

I agree that the 4-5 story sections look extremely bland. For me this is the most disappointing part of this new rendering because this is the street level for two sides of the project and right across from the Marta station. I do like the fact that this will not be yet another wall of blue glass like nearly every other residential tower in Midtown recently. The tower is nothing exciting and being 20-story apartment building, I don't think it needs to be. I also think that this CGI-ish rendering may not offer the best indication of how the final product will look.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
All of those apartment buildings in Atlanta look the same, 4-5 story with ugly design. For me it doesn't look different than Skyhouse with disgusting parking deck.
This is hardly true. And while I don't care for this design at all, to compare it to a hideous Skyhouse deck is ridiculous.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2014, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
This is hardly true. And while I don't care for this design at all, to compare it to a hideous Skyhouse deck is ridiculous.
It looks to retro,ahahaha

Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 4:41 PM

State Farm, KDC, announce massive project

State Farm Insurance Co. will be the centerpiece of a 2.2-million-square-foot mixed-use project in Dunwoody — one of the largest corporate office developments in metro Atlanta’s history.

KDC Real Estate Development and Investments announced the project today.

The Dallas-based real estate company is developing the campus, which will employ thousands of State Farm workers and continue the urbanization of Dunwoody and the central Perimeter. It would eclipse the size of other giant corporate office projects over the past several decades, including Scientific-Atlanta’s 1.5 million-square-foot development and The Home Depot Inc.’s 1.6 million-square-foot campus, both in the suburbs.

State Farm will add 3,000 employees over the next 10 years to the campus, eventually housing about 8,000 here.

KDC is developing the 17-acre site on Perimeter Center Parkway.

State Farm will lease 585,000 square feet of office space in the project and plans to add additional buildings over the next decade. KDC’s first office building for State Farm will be developed a nearly 4-acre site at Hammond Drive and Perimeter Center Parkway.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...e-massive.html

Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 6:21 PM

1125 P'tree going up 50
Jamestown and Selig are are adding to 12th and Midtown big time with two towers both sked to rise this year! First is 11th which will be approx same size as 77&12th and will be connected to it as well. That starts this year. Also, this year the primo site at 1125 P'tree will rise 50 floors with apts and condos also scheduled for later this year. Story is from today's ABC

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta