HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #9901  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 5:01 PM
Ansley Ansley is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Wow! That is gorgeous!
Holy smokes! No kidding.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9902  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 8:52 PM
joecool's Avatar
joecool joecool is offline
Kelly Clarkson Fan!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 628
I can't figure out where this is going.
__________________
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9903  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 9:20 PM
GeorgiaPeanuts GeorgiaPeanuts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
I can't figure out where this is going.
The whole block across from the Barnes and Noble in Tech Square
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9904  
Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 9:27 PM
West Peachtree West Peachtree is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
I can't figure out where this is going.
Street addresses seem to include:

828 and 830 West Peachtree ( 828 former Dialysis clinic, 830 Capstone building - together about .85 acre

Also 3 parcels along 5th St including 25 5th street and each on either side, and one just .17 acre parcel contiguous on same 5th to Biltmore Place and West Peachtree to Spring block - at least I see it. Anyone disagree?

In total, it looks like the block is about 1.8 acres.

More superb work by GA Tech !
My, how they have - and continue to - transform Midtown and Atlanta along the way !
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9905  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 4:54 AM
Hokiehaven Hokiehaven is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
Street addresses seem to include:

828 and 830 West Peachtree ( 828 former Dialysis clinic, 830 Capstone building - together about .85 acre

Also 3 parcels along 5th St including 25 5th street and each on either side, and one just .17 acre parcel contiguous on same 5th to Biltmore Place and West Peachtree to Spring block - at least I see it. Anyone disagree?

In total, it looks like the block is about 1.8 acres.

More superb work by GA Tech !
My, how they have - and continue to - transform Midtown and Atlanta along the way !
I am surprised the tallest portion isn't in Spring so is it going to be 3 buildings that part of the pic messes with my head. I am a bit disappointed that it'll block the Biltmore sign from 5th street on the left one of appears.

I want to hear more specifics on the plans.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9906  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 1:26 PM
Atlantis's Avatar
Atlantis Atlantis is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Decatur, Georgia
Posts: 22
Cubic VRLike Page
September 12 at 11:58 AM ·
Just because coda Tech Square is still under construction doesn't mean you can't tour it right now. #VR #Design #Architecture #RealEstate #CRE #Construction
https://www.facebook.com/cubic.vr/vi...5758139555715/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9907  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 1:53 PM
shivtim's Avatar
shivtim shivtim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Midtown Atlanta
Posts: 1,356
Planning permit (SAP Beltline) was filed yesterday for Alta Quarry apartments at 1350 West Marietta NW. This is the first part of the Quarry Yards development.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9908  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 1:57 PM
shivtim's Avatar
shivtim shivtim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Midtown Atlanta
Posts: 1,356
Also some movement on the Ponce City Market Hotel. A special exemption permit was filed this week to reduce the required onsite parking from 123 spaces to 20 parking spaces to allow for a 112 room hotel. This is at 551 Ponce, west of PCM, so it's unclear to me if this is the hotel proposed by PCM or if it's a new hotel across Glen Iris, or conversion of the "Ponce Student Suites" into a hotel.

*EDIT: Thanks arctk2014. This is indeed a conversion of an existing building back into a hotel. Should be great for the area.

Last edited by shivtim; Sep 14, 2018 at 3:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9909  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 2:10 PM
arctk2014 arctk2014 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Also some movement on the Ponce City Market Hotel. A special exemption permit was filed this week to reduce the required onsite parking from 123 spaces to 20 parking spaces to allow for a 112 room hotel. This is at 551 Ponce, west of PCM, so it's unclear to me if this is the hotel proposed by PCM or if it's a new hotel across Glen Iris, or conversion of the "Ponce Student Suites" into a hotel.
This isn't for the PCM Hotel - it's for the conversion of the Ponce Student Suites back into a hotel.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...to-become.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9910  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 2:22 PM
shivtim's Avatar
shivtim shivtim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Midtown Atlanta
Posts: 1,356
And updates on another hotel:
Commercial Land Development permit filed and fees paid for an Embassy Suites at 17th and State in Atlantic Station. Just west of the Atlantic.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9911  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 2:40 PM
Verge Verge is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
Holy smokes! No kidding.
Ga Tech, Phase III: Just a concept-- The design RFQ isn't even on the street yet--
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9912  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 2:48 PM
GeorgiaPeanuts GeorgiaPeanuts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,131
Yes, remember the initial renders for the eventual CODA were far nicer than what we ended up with

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9913  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 2:55 PM
Atlanta3000's Avatar
Atlanta3000 Atlanta3000 is online now
Urban Cowboy
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Buckhead
Posts: 2,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Planning permit (SAP Beltline) was filed yesterday for Alta Quarry apartments at 1350 West Marietta NW. This is the first part of the Quarry Yards development.
Quarry Yards met with Invest Atlanta yesterday, but in the Agenda the name is Parkside at Quarry Yards.

https://www.boarddocs.com/ga/investatlanta/Board.nsf/files/B4JQ9J667D6B/$file/Housing%20Committee%20Agenda%2009-13-18.pdf
__________________
Imma need that Costco card.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9914  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 3:13 PM
Pemgin Pemgin is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 519
I don't know I'm starting to think Coda looks pretty good from the street.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9915  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 3:28 PM
jsvh jsvh is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Also some movement on the Ponce City Market Hotel. A special exemption permit was filed this week to reduce the required onsite parking from 123 spaces to 20 parking spaces to allow for a 112 room hotel. This is at 551 Ponce, west of PCM, so it's unclear to me if this is the hotel proposed by PCM or if it's a new hotel across Glen Iris, or conversion of the "Ponce Student Suites" into a hotel.

*EDIT: Thanks arctk2014. This is indeed a conversion of and existing building back into a hotel. Should be great for the area.
Terrible we still are requiring more parking to be built in that area.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9916  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 4:06 PM
arctk2014 arctk2014 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Yes, remember the initial renders for the eventual CODA were far nicer than what we ended up with

GA Tech put out a design RFP for the CODA project. I know Pickard Chilton's proposal is on someone's portfolio page, but there were other local Atlanta firms that had some compelling designs submitted as well.



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9917  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 4:41 PM
BlueSangha's Avatar
BlueSangha BlueSangha is offline
Topher’s 2 cents
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 769
We don’t do compelling anymore here in Atlanta.
__________________
Enjoy the journey...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9918  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 5:18 PM
shivtim's Avatar
shivtim shivtim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Midtown Atlanta
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
We don’t do compelling anymore here in Atlanta.
Mercedes Benz Stadium, lilli Midtown, Center for Civil and Human Rights are recent projects that all fit the bill. I would also argue that you can count on one hand US cities that are building compelling skyscrapers right now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9919  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 5:20 PM
finergrain finergrain is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
CODA is fine, but that ^^^ version would have been amazing. Such a nice relationship with the Crum & Forster building and surrounding architecture. Oh well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9920  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 7:30 PM
scania's Avatar
scania scania is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA (DTLA)/Atlanta, Ga. (Midtown)
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Mercedes Benz Stadium, lilli Midtown, Center for Civil and Human Rights are recent projects that all fit the bill. I would also argue that you can count on one hand US cities that are building compelling skyscrapers right now.
I agree...we don’t give Atlanta enough credit on architecture.
__________________
It's a beautiful day!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:44 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.