HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArbutus View Post
Yeah. It just seems absurd that it wouldn't align with Phibbs.

I can't decide what's more unlikely, the Purple Line routing alone Keith or routing up into Central Lonsdale to provide access to the hospital.
I doubt with the grading of Keith that they are planning on going to Central Lonsdale.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2024, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyburger View Post
I doubt with the grading of Keith that they are planning on going to Central Lonsdale.
I mused about this in the Transit Fantasy thread a couple of months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowhou View Post
I am thinking about the entire metro, there just isn't a compelling case to push the Skytrain station a block south to me. As for a Central Lonsdale routing, believe me, it's enticing. I think in a perfect world it actually would be preferential to have the purple line reach Central Lonsdale. The two big issues are number one, 13th and Lonsdale has an elevation of 100m! A straight shot from Phibbs to Central Lonsdale would be almost a 3% continuous climb. A more realistic tunnel from Heywood is a 4.5% continuous climb for over 2km! LIM allegedly can feasibly do 6% grades for short distances, but I find it hard to believe that this climb would be a comfortable proposition. Secondly, there just really isn't anything between Central Lonsdale and Heywood. The density really just follows 3rd and a Moodyville station is simply far more justifiable than a "Keith-Grand Boulevard" or "Ridgeway-9th" station.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:11 AM

That station by the hydro substation could also be a stub branch that they could use for short-turns.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowhou View Post
I mused about this in the Transit Fantasy thread a couple of months ago.
Yeah I was thinking about this when I posted

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley