HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 27, 2015, 4:01 AM
Nashville born and raised

And it just keeps getting better and better.

From the Nashville Post, Elmington Capitol released renderings today of a near to long term development at the Music Row Roundabout.

The first project will be a parking garage on the right side of the picture with the 22 story, 290 ft apartment tower to come later.

Old Posted May 27, 2015, 8:13 AM
Future God

That's got to be at least fifty or so projects of at least eight-ish stories or more. Incredible. I can remember a time not all that long ago when we would get excited over announcements of new parking garages or three story flats.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted May 27, 2015, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
That's got to be at least fifty or so projects of at least eight-ish stories or more. Incredible. I can remember a time not all that long ago when we would get excited over announcements of new parking garages or three story flats.

The core is booming, but so is the suburban area. Just read where Williamson has a billion dollars under construction, Rutherford has half-billion, and Wilson and Sumner have over 300 million, all in office and corporate construction.

In that rendering of Demonbreun Hill, if you look in the top lefthand corner, you can see the little row of buildings that are going to be demolished next month for the impending start of the construction of Skyhouse. And that whole area is stretching the skyline westward. You can see the impact Element already has when travelling toward downtown on I-65 north of town.

Old Posted May 28, 2015, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
And it just keeps getting better and better.

From the Nashville Post, Elmington Capitol released renderings today of a near to long term development at the Music Row Roundabout.

The first project will be a parking garage on the right side of the picture with the 22 story, 290 ft apartment tower to come later.

I know this is just a rendering to show the massing of the overall project and that no specific design work has been done, but I think I'd be more inclined to want to see more height than massing and to allow for more open space. On the other hand I like to concept of combining residential, retail and office. I do wish that the project could somehow incorporate the car dealerships along Broadway. I still think that is such a waste of land use for that area. I would like to see a project similar to the Pentagon Row development in Arlington, VA in that area with a grocery store, DSW, Walgreens, Bed Bath & Beyond, CB2, a variety of other smaller retailers, and a host of restaurants. The residential and office component would be above the retailers and restaurants and significantly taller than PR. There's some surface parking, but most of the parking is underground. See link for Pentagon Row concept... http://pentagonrow.com/

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 12:47 PM

Harry O's

A "fun and country" steakhouse named Harry O's is being proposed for the old Trail West building on lower Broadway. It will be a casual, family oriented dinning experience with live music and a rooftop dinning area and windows that open to give an open air feel.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...enue/28313867/

This is better than a Walgreen's as I'm not a big fan of drug stores and the like occupying prime real estate in a central business district unless they are the street level retail of an office or residential building. It would have been nice to have had a nice hotel on lower Broadway as was proposed by Westin.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2015, 2:19 PM

First office building at OneC1TY

Here's a look at the first office building under construction at One C1TY. Developers announced they will soon break ground on a 270 unit residential building and start on the next office building by years end.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...mpus/28387975/

Old Posted Jun 4, 2015, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Here's a look at the first office building under construction at One C1TY. Developers announced they will soon break ground on a 270 unit residential building and start on the next office building by years end.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...mpus/28387975/
I am really excited about this project! I first heard about this project when I was in high school. The amount of planning and thought put into it is amazing.
There is even have a volleyball court on the site to go with the C1TYblox project. My friends and I now have weekly volleyball games right across from the first building being constructed. A great addition to a mixed-use project. This is really going to rejuvenate that area.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 2:57 PM

I can't say that I'm thrilled with the C1ty BLOX project. I've not seen it in person and from the pictures it's very dark and straight forward. I've seen structures elsewhere that use railroad shipping containers as the building structure that looked far more appealing. C1ty BLOX to me looks like school portables assembled together. Maybe it is more appealing in person. I'll be sure to check it out the next time I'm in Nashville.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 9:53 PM
Future God

Quote:
I can't say that I'm thrilled with the C1ty BLOX project. I've not seen it in person and from the pictures it's very dark and straight forward. I've seen structures elsewhere that use railroad shipping containers as the building structure that looked far more appealing. C1ty BLOX to me looks like school portables assembled together. Maybe it is more appealing in person. I'll be sure to check it out the next time I'm in Nashville.
I love the concept, but I agree with you. There needs to be A LOT more glass in order for it to shed the 'trailer park' look.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 12:25 AM

An updated rendering for the 1922 Broadway Apartments in Mid-Town.

This has been approved for 25 floors. If built, it would likely join three other 25 story buildings plus a 16 and 14 story buildings which should be built but are not shown in this picture.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jun 17, 2015 at 8:43 PM.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 1:40 PM

SkyHouse on the move

SkyHouse Nashville completes land deal for 25 story Midtown high-rise.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...lete/70999348/

Old Posted Jun 17, 2015, 12:47 PM

New rendering for the 32 story, 345 ft SoBro which is well under construction. It is a few floors above street level now.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2015, 4:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:

SkyHouse Nashville completes land deal for 25 story Midtown high-rise.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...lete/70999348/

Webcam for Skyhouse

http://oxblue.com/open/SkyHouseApartments

Old Posted Jun 19, 2015, 3:41 PM

$215M next phase of North Gulch's Capitol View project to begin

The Tennessean reported the announcement that the next phase of the North Gulch's Capitol View project is is slated to begin by the end of the year.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...view/28908573/

The projects include a 6 story mix use building for retail, office, apartments and parking. It'll be built on the old car dealership lot at 11th and Charlotte. There's a 10 story Class A office building being designed that will include a minimum service hotel and parking.

RENDERINGS:

Nothing really exciting here from a design perspective. Which is unfortunate given that it's within the core of the city. In my opinion, it's unfortunate that the North Gulch Capitol View project is being treated like a suburban office park. Not like an extension of downtown to the north/northwest. I'm sure the views of the capitol are playing a big role in the height of the buildings, however, that shouldn't stop creative design. 6 and 10 story buildings can have architectural flare just as much as a 30 story building. The renderings we've seen are mundane and have been duplicated from one city to another. I'm really starting to wonder if it's good thing to have the same developers buying up property all over the country and erecting the same style building everywhere they plan a development (i.e. Skyhouse). I'm glad to see the development in Nashville. I hate that it's the same style we see pretty much everywhere. There's just no excuse for this high level of redundancy in architecture. It's just a cheap way to develop property.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2015, 10:02 PM
Future God

I'm completely on the same page with you when it comes to the architectural redundancy in Nashville. It's getting a little out of hand, and it's disappointing to see that this massive project will be no different. That being said though, I don't see any indication that the end product will be anything resembling a suburban office park. Everything that I've seen appears as though it will be a great addition to the city's urban fabric and fit in very nicely.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 2:20 AM

I guess my perspective of a suburban office park is impacted by what I see in the DC metropolitan area where I reside. All around the area outside the I-495 beltway in particular you have all these town centers a few are inside the beltway as well. They all include structures like the ones being proposed for the North Gulch. Yes, you do end up with a more urban vibe in those town centers. But they are really oversized suburban office parks with residential/hotel elements. If you've ever flown into Dulles airport and driven the Dulles Airport corridor you see development on top of development like this. The largest being the Reston Town Center in Reston, VA where I used to work. Even the Tyson Corner area, which is anchored by two malls across the street from each other, is now like a miniature city because of all the development taking place. Tyson is now home to some of the tallest buildings in the DC metro area. But people here still view it as a suburban area. I'm just saying the architecture that I'm seeing for the North Gulch is really no different than the architecture you see in Tyson and Reston. Actually, now that I think about, it could be a step below the architecture of Tyson's Corner.

Last edited by PillowTalk4; Jun 22, 2015 at 11:29 AM.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 4:21 AM

I do understand the negative attitude towards some of the proposed projects around town right now, but I really don't think that this project deserves that. Although I agree that the design isn't particularly exciting, I think it's solid and I would hardly call it suburban. It's modern, dense, and it extends the urban fabric of the Gulch significantly. While it would be great to have beautiful one of a kind architectural statements on every corner, that's just an unrealistic expectation.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 3:22 PM

Can anyone tell me exactly where the Skyhouse Apartments will be located based on the construction camera?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archee328 View Post
Can anyone tell me exactly where the Skyhouse Apartments will be located based on the construction camera?

Literally the entire site include all the buildings behind that fence beside the US Bank, which is in the foreground.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Literally the entire site include all the buildings behind that fence beside the US Bank, which is in the foreground.
Archee328, I was disoriented with the view, so I'm glad you asked the question.

So, is this just beyond the West End/Broadway split? If so that's a little further east than I thought it would be. Which I like. It should have a better presence there. Although I still wish someone would develop the triangle lot at the split or at least return the Coke sign that used to be there and do something underneath it like a drug store or a dinner of some sort. Although, one of the tall and slender apartment buildings that is popping up all around NYC now, would be nice. The buildings that have 2-4 apartments per floor, but are 30, 40 50 stories tall (not expecting that for Nashville, just wishing)...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations