HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 3:47 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by reednavy05
its seems that i have stumbled upon a major major rumor. LP(Louisiana-Pacific) is possibly planning a major downtown office tower, hell they did in portland,or and moved just 3 years later. Also a major hotel, un paralled in nashville is possibly looking to expand, its name, the one and only, Ritz-Carlton
Wow...uhhh....where did you hear those rumors from?? Can you reveal your source?

Also, that twin mid-rise condo project in Ashland City is probably, believe it or not, the one project in the entire metro that has me the MOST excited. I'm more excited about this than I am Signature, WES, or the Sounds project. Why? Because I feel that the Ashland City project has the most potential to shake up the regional planning scene. People see Nashville building urban projects and say 'well, nashville is the big city in this area so that is to be expected'...but perhaps when people see little ole' Ashland City getting in the game as well it will not only change their perceptions about what urban development can actually be, but also encourage people to push for similar development in their own towns.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 4:50 PM

The Ritz-Carlton, they had originally planned to build where the Hilton is, just shortly before construction began, they changed flags to the Hilton Suites brand. I talked to an expansion rep, and they said with their success in Atlanta and a growing market, they are reconsidering opening in Nashville. NOW, the kicker they are looking into West End and Green Hills now, not just downtown, yet that is where they said they are really craving. Can we say, if the new convention center is built, they could anchor, hmmmmm, something to simmer on.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 11:03 PM

The Avenue Murfreesboro

this huge outdoor, lifestlye mall is underway. The single largest non manufacturing building in Rutherford County, at 811,000 sq. ft. it is huge, so big it requires 2 phases.This is Cousins Properties first property in mid-tn, they own Avenue Carriage Crossing in Collierville. With Stones River Mall also in a major expansion project, and with more flat land available in Murfreesboro, in 10 years, Cool Springs might be unseated as THE retail destiantion of middle Tennessee

Old Posted Oct 23, 2006, 4:24 AM

Lets just be frank about Nashville shopping, its not the most inspiring atmosphere. Cool Springs is pretty average IMHO.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2006, 5:24 AM
Future God

Quote:
this huge outdoor, lifestlye mall is underway. The single largest non manufacturing building in Rutherford County, at 811,000 sq. ft. it is huge, so big it requires 2 phases.This is Cousins Properties first property in mid-tn, they own Avenue Carriage Crossing in Collierville. With Stones River Mall also in a major expansion project, and with more flat land available in Murfreesboro, in 10 years, Cool Springs might be unseated as THE retail destiantion of middle Tennessee
Excuse my frankness...but screw that fake ass shit. I'm so tired of this cheap disney-land knock off appearance of an urban street stuff. The only upside I can see is that these things could be more easily converted into a well planned neighborhood than a regular strip mall could.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 23, 2006, 5:25 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckles
Lets just be frank about Nashville shopping, its not the most inspiring atmosphere. Cool Springs is pretty average IMHO.
I'd have to agree. Cool Springs is about as average as a mall could possibly get.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 25, 2006, 12:28 AM
Hankster

Quote:
The boro is bound for excellence, to beat franklin into the ground, hell weve already started diggin the hole, bye bye franklin
There is no doubt that Murfreesboro is on a roll, but Franklin is on at least as big a roll as the 'boro. The really big money is going to Franklin. Franklin landed the Nissan Headquarters project (1,300 new jobs paying an average of $90,000 per year!), and has landed many, if not most of the entire Nashville area corporate relocations. Williamson County is the 8th richest county in America in terms of per capita income and is nearly double that of Rutherford. There is MORE money in Franklin than there is in Murfreesboro despite the fact that Franklins population is only about 5/8th of Murfreesboro. Franklin businesses can draw from neighboring Brentwood residences and benefit from their huge spending power. Murfreesboro is simply too far away to draw that much from Brentwood or Franklin residents. Franklin is at least 10 miles closer to Nashville than Murfreesboro, and thus will be more likely to draw Nashville residents for shopping than can Murfreesboro. In my opinion, Muurfreesboro future is great, but Franklin's may even be greater.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2006, 5:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker
I'd have to agree. Cool Springs is about as average as a mall could possibly get.
I laugh at elite Franklinites. They think they are in some elite area, but its nothing more than overvalued subdivisions and a few McMansion neighborhoods that are way out of place.

Green Hills has more character and is more cohesive to Nashville with more interesting shopping than Cool Springs. Again, its nothing magnificent in all respects, but its certainly better than Williamson County.

I guess my belief is why be pretentious? If you want the upscale Nashville, why not have the real thing? Go to Belle Meade and Green Hills, or even Bellevue. LOL Franklin and Cool Springs is the imitation neighborhood filled with new money and uber-conservatives. UltraFake

Old Posted Oct 27, 2006, 5:57 AM
Future God

Quote:

I guess my belief is why be pretentious? If you want the upscale Nashville, why not have the real thing? Go to Belle Meade and Green Hills, or even Bellevue. LOL Franklin and Cool Springs is the imitation neighborhood filled with new money and uber-conservatives. UltraFake
LOL so true. I guess the Cool Springs area is what you get when you remove from a community everything that scares conservatives...you know, like public transportation, density, minorities that have power over more than just their dry cleaning...ya know, that kind of stuff. lol

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 9:25 PM

Wallpaper Magazine

Quote:
Two or Three years ago, Wallpaper magazine did a feature on Nashville and stated that "We have seen better shopping in third world airports".

IMHO, this was right on target.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 10:49 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhattan
Two or Three years ago, Wallpaper magazine did a feature on Nashville and stated that "We have seen better shopping in third world airports".

IMHO, this was right on target.
Well, it was on target several years ago, but we are just about caught up to where we should be in my opinion. With stores like BCBG, Tiffany's, Bennetton, Sephora, and Louis Vuitton. Again, not overly impressive...but at least we have caught up. lol

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 30, 2006, 1:13 AM

I agree with you. Shopping in Nashville has greatly improved over the last couple of years since the article was written. FYI; Bennetton will stop selling mens wear next season as the owner states he does not sell enough to take up space in his store.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2006, 11:47 PM

TMAGH is a cool mall, its like our version of ATL's Lenox Square, now all we need is bloomingdale's and more designer stores and it'll be good to go. BTW, Murfreesboro's first mall, Stones River, is undergoing a major renovation. The old JCP is becoming a food court, the old Dillard's is being torn down, turned into, that overused word combo, lifestyle area, containg more CSG kinda stores. Also, the interior will become more"cozy" with tropical trees and furniture to be added, and i also believe either new tile or carpet for the flooring.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2006, 10:15 PM
Hankster

I talked to a sales agent for the Encore I project (20 story SoBro Novarre / Giarratana Development project) and found out the following things. First, the Encore Project is already about 50% sold, despite the sales office only being opened a few weeks. There is great interest, and the project seems headed to a sure sell out.

When asked about the status of the Signature Tower project, she stated that about 190 units (out of 400) have already been reserved. That's despite the fact that a sales office has not opened yet. She stated that a sales office is slated to open in January. Word is that Tony Giarratanna plans to begin excavation of the more than one hundred foot deep hole for Sig Tower in January. The project is now 70 stories tall (82 if you count the below ground parking garage) and 1057 ft tall.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2006, 12:50 AM

When asked about the status of the Signature Tower project, she stated that about 190 units (out of 400) have already been reserved. That's despite the fact that a sales office has not opened yet. She stated that a sales office is slated to open in January. Word is that Tony Giarratanna plans to begin excavation of the more than one hundred foot deep hole for Sig Tower in January. The project is now 70 stories tall (82 if you count the below ground parking garage) and 1057 ft tall.[/QUOTE]

hell yes, thats all i gotta say about this project,hell hell yes, it is about damn time

Old Posted Nov 6, 2006, 11:25 PM

Signature is going to get built as planned. That's not even a question to me right now. The only reason it is being doubted by anyone is because they can't get past it being in Nashville. And that is based on pre-conceived Grand Ole Opry notions about the city.

Tony G. is a genius and Atlanta needs to borrow him for awhile once your projects get moving and he can break away. You see, we are planning a residential project in midtown that will be 71 stories, 1,057.001 feet tall and need him to help us.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2006, 1:13 AM
Hankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman
Signature is going to get built as planned. That's not even a question to me right now. The only reason it is being doubted by anyone is because they can't get past it being in Nashville. And that is based on pre-conceived Grand Ole Opry notions about the city.

Tony G. is a genius and Atlanta needs to borrow him for awhile once your projects get moving and he can break away. You see, we are planning a residential project in midtown that will be 71 stories, 1,057.001 feet tall and need him to help us.
I agree with you that Tony G. is a genius. America needs more developers like him, in my opinion. I'm not ready to say this project is a slam dunk, but I give it at least a 90% probability. As for your mid-town Atlanta project, I better find out the Signature project correct height to the nearest inch. I'm thinking it could be 1057 Ft, 2 inches. Seriously though, I know you're just kidding.

Still, there is no reason why a city like Atlanta with a developer like Tony G. wouldn't build something truely monumental....400 meters +.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2006, 7:17 PM

once again, this proves Atlanta, to some degree, is jealous that it is being knocked off the tallest outside of NYC and Chicago pedeistal. Atlanta, for benefit of the doubt, has a much better collection of tall buildings, and will always beat Nashville in that department, we just have a building that is more easily recognized the world over. The Bellsouth/AT&T Tower like batman, ATL tried to copy with 1180 Peachtree, to no evail. So, for once, Atlanta, shut the hell up and face the music for now, were taller than you, atleast give us that, DONT HATE.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2006, 2:32 AM
Future God

Quote:
once again, this proves Atlanta, to some degree, is jealous that it is being knocked off the tallest outside of NYC and Chicago pedeistal. Atlanta, for benefit of the doubt, has a much better collection of tall buildings, and will always beat Nashville in that department, we just have a building that is more easily recognized the world over. The Bellsouth/AT&T Tower like batman, ATL tried to copy with 1180 Peachtree, to no evail. So, for once, Atlanta, shut the hell up and face the music for now, were taller than you, atleast give us that, DONT HATE.
If you're talking about Plasticman, i'm sure he was just joking...

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 10, 2006, 4:06 AM

of course i know that. ATL i believe has a height restriction now. But, if you type something about signature tower in the ATL forum, they go on the defense, majorly, its hilarious. ATL will be the capital of the South, but they can have their overcrowding, infuriacting traffic and overpopulation, Nashville, were making it on our own, we cant conceivably ever be bigger than atlanta, its too late, but atleast we can learn from their mistakes. Atlanta is the most YANKEE southern city their is, STATE OF FLORIDA ISNT SOUTHERN YALL, nashville, we maintain our character and southern charm, pow, take that ATL and kiss our asses, cause frankly, go pick on a city that u actually conceivably compete with, not your lil brother.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations