HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 28, 2007, 4:57 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=skywalker=- View Post
I think what people seem to forget is that a lot of the larger southern municipalities were ransacked and in some cases litterly destroyed during the Civil War. Some cities that suffered that fate are the larger so called "New South" cities like Nashville, Chattanooga, Atlanta, and Richmond come to mind. When the Union armies came through a lot of the infastructure of those cities suffered extensive damage, having to be rebuilt from the ground up. So yes compared to a New York, Boston or even Washington D.C. there's not as many historical structures standing.
That may be true in Atlanta's case, since it actually was heavily damaged in the civil war, but in Nashville's case the biggest culprits are natural disaster (massive flooding wiped out the East Bank) and simple urban renewal.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Dec 29, 2007, 7:53 AM
That Golfer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
That may be true in Atlanta's case, since it actually was heavily damaged in the civil war, but in Nashville's case the biggest culprits are natural disaster (massive flooding wiped out the East Bank) and simple urban renewal.
I guess the point i was trying to make, southern cities have had to endure a lot of factors from natural disasters to being completely destroyed during a war some 142 years ago.

As for Nashville. the city did suffer some infastructure damage during Union occupation, while building the defensive fortifications around the city the federal government destroyed and reused a lot of stone/brick buildings for construction materials... One of my favorite places to visit in Nashville is Fort Negley, during the fall and winter months it can offer a great view of downtown.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2008, 9:34 PM

New renderings for 1201 Demonbreun, the Eakin Twin Towers project at 12th and Demonbreun (office, residential, and retail) from Hastings website.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 1:30 AM
Hankster

I guess Hastings will be doing the 20 story office tower only. The other tower which is outlined but not shown in any detail is a condo tower which will have 22 to 24 stories. This project will help tie the downtown Nashville, Gulch and Midtown skylines together. Judging from the renderings, I would guess both towers will be approximately 300 Ft tall.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
I guess Hastings will be doing the 20 story office tower only. The other tower which is outlined but not shown in any detail is a condo tower which will have 22 to 24 stories. This project will help tie the downtown Nashville, Gulch and Midtown skylines together. Judging from the renderings, I would guess both towers will be approximately 300 Ft tall.
I don't know, I am going to have to guestimate maybe 240' to 270'. I would like to see a couple three hundred footers there, but because it is on the middle elevation between music row and the gulch, I think anything more than 270' would be a little too much.

-Steve Wright

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 11:09 PM

Core progress on Pinnacle @ Symphony Plaza, excuse the cell image, please.

And a second tower crane going up in the foreground behind the fence.

-Steve Wright

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 11:29 PM
Hankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMILLSPHOTO View Post
I don't know, I am going to have to guestimate maybe 240' to 270'. I would like to see a couple three hundred footers there, but because it is on the middle elevation between music row and the gulch, I think anything more than 270' would be a little too much.
I base my 300 Ft estimate on the fact that most new office construction averages 13 to 14 feet per floor and that there appears to be about a 30 foot crown on top. That would put the building height at 290 Ft to 310 Ft.l

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 12:08 AM
Future God

Wow, more towers eh? Nice! The design is a little generic, but it's not bad, and the street frontage is good. I'm beginning to care less and less about whether Siggy gets built or not. Look at all the stuff we have going on without it!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Wow, more towers eh? Nice! The design is a little generic, but it's not bad, and the street frontage is good. I'm beginning to care less and less about whether Siggy gets built or not. Look at all the stuff we have going on without it!
Sad as I say this, I agree. Siggy could drop to a 600' tower and I'd be happy with everything else that's happening, between WES, those proposed Eakin Towers, and Pinnacle. Give me a 50 story 800' tower in Sigs place and I'd probably be elated.

-Steve Wright

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 10:36 PM

I guess I should just start keeping my digital rebel in the car with me. Three more awful quality images of the tower crane going up today.

-Steve Wright

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 8:16 PM

Icon and Terrazzo:

Icon, Topped Out

Icon, Topped Out

West End Summit, Project is currently on hold due to flooding of the main hole.

Encore, Complete and move-in ready.

-Steve Wright

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 6:04 PM

1808 West End, also called the "Beirut Hilton," is being converted into a Hutton boutique hotel.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2008, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
1808 West End, also called the "Beirut Hilton," is being converted into a Hutton boutique hotel.

It's still ugly!!! Now we have two boutique hotels across the street from each other, one being piss chartreuse and navy, the other looks like something outta D.C. circa 1977...

In the City Paper yesterday, more hints were dropped at Signature Tower converting more condos into hotel rooms to hasten the sales numbers.

-Steve Wright

Old Posted Mar 12, 2008, 5:38 PM

Things are moving along rather nicely in Nashville right now. ICON in the Gulch is topped out and one crane is down. Terrazzo, directly across the street from ICON is up to about the 10th floor, with 4 to go, it is a 14 story condo tower. West End Summit has drianed the "lake" and has pulled a foundation permit from the city, good sign. Encore is getting ready for move in residents this month or next as well. The Pinnacle is now at street level, with most work concentrated on the core of the structure, with 2 cranes working. Signature Tower, who knows?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 6:12 PM

^ And 1808 West End is completely gutted and a shell now waiting to be turned into a Hutton. Rhythm looks to be a few floors up as well. Looks like 1515 Demonbreun will break ground this year as well. There's one hold over with whom MDHA is going to negotiate.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2008, 11:12 PM
Hankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
^ And 1808 West End is completely gutted and a shell now waiting to be turned into a Hutton. Rhythm looks to be a few floors up as well. Looks like 1515 Demonbreun will break ground this year as well. There's one hold over with whom MDHA is going to negotiate.

Is 1515 Demonbreum the address for this project? This is the Lionstone Group project, and I believe the developers are projecting ground breaking in the summer, and the project is already over 60% pre-leased. They are also trying to develop a hotel on the property, and I'm hoping to hear something positive for that part of the project before too long. I know they were actively talking to "W" a while back, but it seems that deal fell through. With the Convention Center pretty much a certainty, I think it's just a matter of time before the hotel project is announced.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 12:13 PM
B-MORE than u strive for!

projects are lookin' good, nashville!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! what's the deal with the signature tower?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2008, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsInquiries View Post
projects are lookin' good, nashville!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! what's the deal with the signature tower?
That's a good question, I don't think really anyone knows, I'm sure it is chaos behin the scenes, since the contracts are supposed to void this month if ground doesn't break!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2008, 9:43 PM

Signature Tower is being included in a downtown home tour. Here's the link for more info:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....rams=Itemnr=24

Old Posted Apr 16, 2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMILLSPHOTO View Post
Icon and Terrazzo:

Good Lord, they must run extra fake powerlines back and forth across that street just to keep the appearance up.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations