HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 2:19 AM

Well, it used to be an warehouse and idustrial district, the overall Plan of The Gulch is to put all overhead utilities underground. At least we are like Atlanta's Midtown, with high voltage transmission lines overhead

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 2:07 PM

I think all us Nashvillians agree that the power lines must go.

Some construction updates from the Gulch courtesy of PHofKS from Urban Planet...

ICON (left) and Terrazzo

The Gulch is quickly becoming denser.

Terrazzo(left), ICON, and Encore (foreground)

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 2:11 PM

New rendering for the Westin (or whatever brand it ends up) on Broadway...

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 10:09 PM

Definetly much better. It blends new with old, and is a step up to The Pinnacle. I think the whole SoBro area could become a very modern, glass everywhere district, which is nice. I really think this will pass thru, the retards saying it'll ruin Lower Broadway have no common sense. Bringing more tourists to the front steps of the district is a huge positive.

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 1:51 AM
Hankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Well, it used to be an warehouse and idustrial district, the overall Plan of The Gulch is to put all overhead utilities underground. At least we are like Atlanta's Midtown, with high voltage transmission lines overhead
Has there been any announcement as to when the lines would be buried? This needs to be done as soon as possible, in my opinion.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2008, 7:05 PM
Closed account

When I was thinking about moving to Nashville, my friends showed me a place called Mercury View Lofts, that place is awesome!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2008, 5:12 AM

I skimmed through this thread and didnt see anything on "Velocity" so here is the link.

Velocity.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2008, 8:21 PM
Hankster

I had not seen this rendering of The Velocity before. I think it looks great and will make a wonderful addition to the Gulch

Old Posted Jul 12, 2008, 6:52 PM
Nashville born and raised

Nashville July 2008 Construction Update

An update on what's still under construction right now. The twenty-fifth largest city is adding to it's westward expanding skyline.

The Hutton Hotel. A renovation of an existing 14 story office building in mid-town.

The new Hilton Garden Plaza (10 stories) on Broadway in mid-town. More urban density as mid-town is beginning to look more like Cambridge, Mass. That's the Bristol Apartments in the foreground.

The Rhythm on Music Row (actually 14 stories on Demonbreum). A block from the Music Row roundabout, in mid-town.

The Velocity in the 'Gulch'. A low-rise apartment/condo complex.

The Terrazzo in the Gulch (14 stories). Just south of the recently completed, 22 story, Icon.

The Pinnacle in SoBro (just south of downtown). Twenty-nine floors, 435'.

East Main across the river from downtown. Take this and multiply it by about 30, and you have an idea of the number of projects of this scale being built at all points of the compass in Nashville. And that does not include the suburbs and satellite cities (multiply by 60).

Transit Terminal. The central switching point for buses downtown.

As number 25, Nashville is adding good density and developing accordingly.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2008, 7:44 PM
Future God

Great shots MidTenn. It's great to see everything moving along so swiftly. Now, if we could only get WES and Sig started!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jul 15, 2008, 1:46 AM

Thanks for the photo updates. Everything looks like it is coming along nicely! I really like the third Pinnacle shot, looks very dense! It's good to get a perspective other than the construction cam.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2008, 3:59 AM

Great pics and miss you guys in Nashville. Check us out in Austin.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2008, 6:51 PM

Flawless pictures

Old Posted Aug 4, 2008, 9:16 AM

Old Posted Aug 6, 2008, 1:57 PM

Nashville City Center SOLD!

Nashville City Center/ First TN Bank Center was rcently sold to Miami-based Parmenter Realty Partners for over $80mil. It includes the rights to build a five story parking garage, which could be topped with office space or a mixed-use tower. This proposal would front Church Street, and can turn it into Nashville's own urban canyon. Parmenter's biggest asset right now is Jacksonville's Bank of America Tower, also the city's tallest.

This is just the latest in an over year long selling and buying frenzy of downtown's most prominent towers. Fifth Third Center, AT&T Tower, One Nashville Place, and others have all traded hands in the past year. This shows that Nashville's office market is still very hot and ever-evolving.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2008, 5:11 AM

How awesome would that be if something was actually built, at a decent height, on the old proposed city center tower 2 site? I have large doubts anything goes there soon, and if anything goes on top of the garage, due to Nashville's habit of having buildings proposed only to not get built syndrome. It has actually gotten better there over the past few years but still occurs. However, anything can happened, so who knows?

Old Posted Aug 9, 2008, 7:45 PM

The Rhythm at Music Row was topped out earlier this week. This leaves us with just the Vanderbilt projects and The Pinnacle at Symphony Place with tower cranes. As well as the Hutton Hotel parking garage.

It's going to look somewhat lonely w/o them. Of course, you have mobile cranes at Rolling Mill Hill, but just don't feel the same. It will be probably mid to late next year before we see another boom of cranes, maybe not even until 2010, whenever the new convention center starts.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 5:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
The Rhythm at Music Row was topped out earlier this week. This leaves us with just the Vanderbilt projects and The Pinnacle at Symphony Place with tower cranes. As well as the Hutton Hotel parking garage.

It's going to look somewhat lonely w/o them. Of course, you have mobile cranes at Rolling Mill Hill, but just don't feel the same. It will be probably mid to late next year before we see another boom of cranes, maybe not even until 2010, whenever the new convention center starts.
A lot apparently depends on who Regions Bank signs up with for new office space. That alone could trigger immediate construction of a new building and there are five of those types of projects on the drawing boards: The 70 story Signature Tower, the 27 story West End Summit, a proposed office building at 17th and Broadway in Mid-town, a proposed office and garage downtown (20+ stories?) next to One City Center and the 22 story Eakins development near the Gulch.

Then there is the Lionstone mixed use development which looks awful close to getting started once a few property details are resolved. It will be a mixed-use (office, hotel and condos).

Griffen Plaza is far from dead and being redesigned even taller and could start soon. And the rumored convention center hotels (one as high as 50 stories) seem very likely to happen.

So the list of possibilities goes like:

70 story Signature Tower
50 story CC Hotel
30 +/- story 2nd CC Hotel
27 story West End Summit Office Building
26 story West End Summit Hotel/Condo
23+/- story City Center 2 office
22 story Eakins Office Tower
20 +/- story 1700 Broadway office building
20+/- story hotel at Lionstone
15+/- story Griffin Plaza
15+/- story Lionstone Office

Old Posted Aug 14, 2008, 12:23 AM

^^^ I sure wish I could be as optimistic as you. Hopefully, I will be proven wrong, but who knows what the future holds. I just hate to see nice developments proposed then nothing happens. It seemed like Nashville was on the verge of a huge boom. At least we got a few great looking buildings and developments before the chaos. I guess it's just a waiting game now.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay143 View Post
^^^ I sure wish I could be as optimistic as you. Hopefully, I will be proven wrong, but who knows what the future holds. I just hate to see nice developments proposed then nothing happens. It seemed like Nashville was on the verge of a huge boom. At least we got a few great looking buildings and developments before the chaos. I guess it's just a waiting game now.
I'm not trying to be unrealistic, just pointing out the projects on the drawing board. If I had to make a guess, I would say the most likely projects would be,
  • the two Convention Center Hotels (30 and 50 stories)
  • the Lionstone development with the 15 story office and 20 story hotel
  • West End Summit with 27 and 26 story buildings

Still, not too shabby.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations