HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 3:19 PM

Thanks man. I'll try and make sure photos make it to those dedicated threads as well as this one. Where's Splat when you need him?

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 3:21 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^ bucksfan, i've added the list of thread links to the very first post of this thread, and i'll keep it updated, so they will always be easy to find.

in the future, just go to the very first post of this thread to find them.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
^ bucksfan, i've added the list of thread links to the very first post of this thread, and i'll keep it updated, so they will always be easy to find.

Awesome. Are you the one the does the moderating over here? Kind of the \/\/isconsin08 of SSP?

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 5:07 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^ yes, i'm one of the many moderators here at SSP.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2016, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post

Thank you Steely Dan.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2016, 1:50 PM

No sign of slowdown in downtown Milwaukee apartment boom

Quote:
The apartment development boom in downtown Milwaukee and nearby neighborhoods is showing no signs of slowing down. Several apartment buildings are under construction or have been completed recently, and new projects seem to be announced on a weekly basis.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 4:18 AM

Work begins on Westin hotel project downtown
Opening slated for summer of 2017

Quote:
Construction site work began today for the Westin hotel project in downtown Milwaukee. The hotel is expected to open in the summer of 2017 on the U.S. Bank Campus in downtown Milwaukee. The hotel will be built on the east side of Van Buren Street, just south of the U.S. Bank Center.

The 220-room hotel will be owned by Milwaukee-based Jackson Street Holdings, LLC and will be managed by Merrillville, Ind.-based White Lodging. On Friday, Jackson Street Holdings closed on its purchase of the site from U.S. Bank.

The 10-story hotel will include 9,000 square feet of meeting space, a 5,000-square-foot ballroom, a fine dining restaurant and a lobby bar.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 4:20 AM

The Westin Milwaukee Slated to open in 2017 on the US Bank Campus at the Heart of the City’s Bustling Downtown

Quote:
“The Westin will be the closest hotel to Lake Michigan in Milwaukee and is connected indoors to over 3,000 people working downtown,” said Chris Anderson, Senior Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer with White Lodging. “We’re thrilled to continue our great relationship with Jackson Street Holdings, and the ability to play a role in a beautiful addition to the Milwaukee skyline and the introduction of an international luxury brand to the market.”

“The upcoming opening of The Westin Milwaukee will mark an important debut for Westin and pave the way for the further development of Starwood’s lifestyle brands in this key mid-western market, ” said Allison Reid, Senior Vice President of North America Development, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. “Westin, which recently crossed the 200th hotel milestone worldwide, continues to gain momentum in cities throughout North America, propelled by the success of its distinctive wellness positioning and the enthusiasm of owners and developers who are eager to bring the brands to new markets.”
Maybe hinting at another Milwaukee development?!

Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 2:44 PM
devout Pizzatarian

here's a larger rendering of the westin.

not great. not horrible. meh.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 10:47 PM

Well it's no gem but it will be a nice addition to Milwaukee's hotel portfolio. It will get lost in all those lakefront towers anyways. Fencing just went up around the Westin site today so full steam ahead it looks like.

Also, on a different note, looks like the Germania Building's renovation into apartments has started. There are now wooden beams across every window. Finally some sort of activity on site. We will see if scaffolding goes up soon.

NML has also started demolition to make way for their new apartment tower.

to 2 more big projects getting started!!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2016, 4:09 PM

Updated this week.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2016, 6:43 PM

Wangard plans new office building on Laacke & Joys site

Quote:
Wauwatosa-based Wangard Partners has submitted plans to the city of Milwaukee to tear down a four-story, 142-year-old building, and another building, on the former Laacke & Joys site in downtown Milwaukee to build a new office building and a 12-story hotel.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 3:36 AM

Oh yeah, and downtown Milwaukee got a new HQ...

Former Bucyrus CEO bringing a $2 billion company's headquarters to Milwaukee

Quote:
This will be the second headquarters that Sullivan has brought to Milwaukee since his 35-year career at South Milwaukee-based Bucyrus Inc. ended in 2011 after the mining equipment company was acquired by Caterpillar. The first company was Gardner Denver Inc., a manufacturer of industrial compressors and other equipment, that now has its headquarters in Milwaukee's Third Ward.

In moving to Milwaukee, REV Group will be closer to its manufacturing plants in Indiana and Michigan. There also are other reasons for the decision, according to Sullivan, who in 2009 was named Business Leader of the Year by the Harvard Business School Club of Wisconsin.

"Wisconsin is a manufacturing state, and Milwaukee is a manufacturing city. When I look at the talent we have in Orlando, they are good people, but I am used to working with a senior team that has a great deal of manufacturing expertise," he said.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 3:41 AM

Nothing but good news out of Brew City! I'll try and get some pics of the two new developments u/c, NML's apartment tower and the Westin, this weekend. Maybe I'll be able to check out some other development sites too, Rhythm and River House are moving quick and NML's new 550ft office tower is getting gigantic.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2016, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan15 View Post
Nothing but good news out of Brew City! I'll try and get some pics of the two new developments u/c, NML's apartment tower and the Westin, this weekend. Maybe I'll be able to check out some other development sites too, Rhythm and River House are moving quick and NML's new 550ft office tower is getting gigantic.
:Last I counted the core only had two more floors to go. It's amazing how quickly this thing has risen.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2016, 4:12 AM

Northwestern Mutual Updates Tower Design

Quote:
The tower is being designed by Solomon Cordwell Buenz of Chicago. As of January, Northwestern Mutual planned for construction to begin in March. Demolition work on the block is well underway, as Michael Horne reported last week.

Demo/Site Prep already well underway for this project.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2016, 12:55 AM

Brew City Rising

Milwaukee is a development nerds dream right now...

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 1:37 AM

Suburban Milwaukee Construction Boom

Many of Milwaukee's suburbs are experiencing a boom of their own. Tosa has countless residential projects either under construction, about to break ground, or in the planning stages. Here is one example of a sizable residential project under construction in the village (downtown Tosa).

State Street Station-Wauwatosa by bucksfan86, on Flickr

Check out my Flickr page for more Milwaukee construction photos.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2016, 3:08 PM

Milwaukee Plan Commission approves designs for office building on Laacke & Joys site

Quote:
The project is planned on North Water Street at the former home of Laacke & Joys. Wangard is in talks with tenants for the building. Wangard vice president Burton Metz said the company plans a spring start on site work for completion by the second quarter of 2017.

East side apartment high-rise gains city endorsement

Quote:
Rents in the building will start at the “$1,300-plus” range for studios, which is affordable for that area of Milwaukee, said Milwaukee real estate attorney Bruce Block. Demolition work could start in spring, and the building could be under construction in summer. It will take up to 15 months to complete, he said.
Milwaukee panel advances Marquette athletic research center

Quote:
While Marquette is still in their fundraising stage for the facility, Strigens said the university is on track to break ground in 2017 and hopes to complete the project around the same time as the Milwaukee Bucks arena in summer or fall of 2018.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations