HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Mar 10, 2010, 5:06 PM
Darryl

Well, well well.

Well....

Well it seems they put that dad-burn rootin tootin connector right through the middle of the city which caused a lot of aggravating traffic in the dadgum city, and I gotta tell you younguns something...that just burns me up. Then they have these big bus thingies that are only half full clogging up the streets that prevent me from gettin' my metamusil at the walmart which, again, just steams me up. And what's all the talk about the light speed heavy rail do-hickey? How's that gonna allow me to take my dog to the park without taking my personal car? I just don't know which thingy I hate worse.

But one thing's for sure...I love this internetz thingy. I can have a disagreement with somebody and then change my identity and start all over again. Well I'll be...that's just the bees knees right there!

*returning to lurker mode*

Old Posted Mar 10, 2010, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl27 View Post
Well, well well.

Well....

Well it seems they put that dad-burn rootin tootin connector right through the middle of the city which caused a lot of aggravating traffic in the dadgum city, and I gotta tell you younguns something...that just burns me up. Then they have these big bus thingies that are only half full clogging up the streets that prevent me from gettin' my metamusil at the walmart which, again, just steams me up. And what's all the talk about the light speed heavy rail do-hickey? How's that gonna allow me to take my dog to the park without taking my personal car? I just don't know which thingy I hate worse.

But one thing's for sure...I love this internetz thingy. I can have a disagreement with somebody and then change my identity and start all over again. Well I'll be...that's just the bees knees right there!

Old Posted Mar 10, 2010, 8:41 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl27 View Post
Well, well well.

Well....

Well I suggest, instead of getting your petticoats in a wad, you relax by the ceement pond in the back yard with a big 'ol glass of freshly brewed moonshine.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 2:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L41A View Post
OK, I thought you were female. Of course, I don't know you. Although you do share many 'intriguing' personal stories on the forum.

I guess the feminine handle of "Cybele" threw me off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybele View Post
Well I sure never heard of a woman named Seymour.
LOOK! I said I do NOT know you.

Nor do I care to know you – whether it’s your real self or your virtual self/selves. I don't care if your name is Seymour, Cybele, Andrea, Billy Bob, Molly Sue or whatever. I tried to explain why I used the feminine terms.

Furthermore, your whole premise of discussion of the thread is flawed. You don’t even have to get on Howell Mill to go to Picadilly and Super WalMart.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 2:50 AM

Well, all right, don't get upset. People have been calling me all kind of names and whatnot, which makes no sense since nobody knows who anybody is.

(Well, I take that back a little because I know who some of them are, but I respect people's privacy and am not trying to make some big real life thing of them. I just go by what they post under which is the way it normally works.)

Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 4:26 AM
Reliable Source

Cybele, it's fun to speculate on you, but don't worry. Everybody is too busy to know for sure.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2010, 8:00 PM

Well people can make fun of the older generation but by the time these high speed light rail things start rolling today's youth will be lucky to ride on it to get their metamucil and polident, too. So we'll see how they feel about all this mess then.

Back when we were building the MARTA 40 years ago we figured it was the wave of the future and the next generations would pick up on it and go and whatnot yet here it still sits. Give it another 40 years when the younger crowd is suddenly in their 60s and 70s, you have to wonder how up to date they will be then?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2010, 1:32 AM
Reliable Source

We've been misunderestimated for decades.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2010, 2:08 AM

Well that's the dog gone truth. You go and get yourself a Face Book thing and whatnot and it's still not good enough. Not one single person has said I was their friend yet, then I come over here and it's like I'm some kind of bad guy all over again because we drove to the Piccadilly on a cold day.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2010, 11:49 PM

Well... , I've found this website
http://www.revive285.com/
so well, now we have something to talk about.
I think it is a great solution and 2011 is coming

Old Posted Mar 19, 2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelra View Post
Well... , I've found this website
http://www.revive285.com/
so well, now we have something to talk about.
I think it is a great solution and 2011 is coming
What a well-produced video. I'd like to see one of the LRT or BRT options built to provide transit alternatives that connect the Cumberland/Galleria area and the Doraville MARTA station. I slogged through a top-end 285 commute for five gruesome years -- I get the willies just looking at the images of that traffic mess.

It would be nice to see a situation where there are options for navigating that route other than sitting in stop-and-go traffic for ten miles. With all of the development on this top end of the perimeter, BRT or LRT, packaged with managed lanes, are common-sense options.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2010, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybele View Post
Well I sure never heard of a woman named Seymour.
Jane Seymour?

I guess I would have to say that if you live in a big city and want to drive around in certain areas of it (no matter what city it may be) you should probably expect heavy traffic and somewhat inadequate roads. The areas I would expect them in are the newly popular ones with newer developments (especially retail) where the infrastructure has not had time to catch up with the attractions.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta