HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 21, 2015, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I'm Wondering if there Auto Repair Shop is also up for sale, and also The Car Store on Main Street.
No signs at either of those locations.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good2go View Post
No signs at either of those locations.
I looked into it when I had a minute, and it seems they might actually be moving to a new location. No address was given tho.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2015, 11:33 AM

lot cleared

The lot at the corner of Pine Wood and Cleveland Ave. has been cleared. Any word?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2015, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
The lot at the corner of Pine Wood and Cleveland Ave. has been cleared. Any word?
I heard of a potential Car wash in that area like the one on Mapleton Rd. with the one touch less, and a 4-5 coin op do it yourself. But not 100% sure if that's the location of it.

I will say tho with the Amount of Stores in that are open, and the ones supposed to open in that area in the next few years thet could have built up the area as an indoor Shopping center. just a thought tho...

Old Posted Oct 6, 2015, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
Residential and commercial development planned for Riverview

Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Times and transcript

By: Eric Lewis

A new commercial and residential development is in the planning stages in Riverview.

Known as Dobson Landing, the proposed 22-acre project is located on vacant lands near the corner of Gunningsville Boulevard and Pine Glen Road, behind existing businesses on Pine Glen such as the Riverview Animal Hospital.

The project is expected to include roughly 100 low-to medium-density housing units,150 high-density units,seven acres of commercial land and eight acres of parkland or green space.

http://22864.vws.magma.ca/index.php?&article_id=13892
Work has begun on this project.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2015, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
Still no signs up as to what is going in there. What I did notice as I drove by there today was that the grade they are creating is a good 5 feet below street level and they are still digging down.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2015, 12:46 PM

Findlay Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Still no signs up as to what is going in there. What I did notice as I drove by there today was that the grade they are creating is a good 5 feet below street level and they are still digging down.

I'm hearing this is the new home of AC Stevenson & Parteners accounting firm. Pinewood Road is nearly completely developed. Hopefully this will spur some action on the other side of the road.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2015, 2:28 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

It looks like the expansion of Jean Coutu into the old McDonald's space next door is now complete.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2015, 2:38 PM

Another piece of land being cleared in Findlay Park. It's on Whitepine Rd. between the new apartments and the Tim's. Just checked the site plan and it looks like it should be building E, a 24 unit building.

Last edited by Sunnybrae; Oct 16, 2015 at 3:31 PM. Reason: New info

Old Posted Oct 16, 2015, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Another piece of land being cleared in Findlay Park. It's on Whitepine Rd. between the new apartments and the Tim's. Just checked the site plan and it looks like it should be building E, a 24 unit building.
Riverview seems to be expanding slowly no matter if the residents like or hate the idea it's happening.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2015, 2:20 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Renderings of the new Operations Centre for the Town of Riverview, currently under construction off of Gunningsville Blvd.

Current status of construction as of October 2015 (from Facebook)

Quote:
The Town of Riverview is beginning construction of the new $16.6 million operations centre at 300 Robertson Street (east of Gunningsville Boulevard). Mayor Ann Seamans, along with members of Council and town staff, celebrated the groundbreaking for a new building to replace the current public works garage and provide a functional workspace for the parks and facilities division.
Quote:
The consolidated operations centre will include an office building, fleet storage space, maintenance shops, service bays and vehicle wash areas with secure yard facilities for construction materials. Expansion potential is possible on the new 15 acre site, however the building is designed to accommodate planned growth without renovation for the next 25 years.
Quote:
Establishing a new Operation Centre was identified as a strategic priority of the Town of Riverview in the 2013 Strategic Planning process. The funding plan for the new centre was approved as part of the Town of Riverview’s 2015 budget. Site excavation started in June 2015 on land owned by the Town of Riverview adjacent to Mill Creek Nature Park east of Gunningsville Boulevard. The new building will break ground as the first construction project in the Mill Creek Development Region and is scheduled to open in October, 2016.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2015, 2:16 PM

Anyone know what is to happen with the old operations center?

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 12:33 PM
Random Contributor

There is a proposal for an asphalt plant that would be built on a 9-hectare piece of land off Niagara Road.

A Nova Scotia-based company, Dexter Construction, has applied to re-zone the land.

Hopefully this goes through as it will trigger upgrades to roads, and diversify the economy of Riverview.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
There is a proposal for an asphalt plant that would be built on a 9-hectare piece of land off Niagara Road.

A Nova Scotia-based company, Dexter Construction, has applied to re-zone the land.

Hopefully this goes through as it will trigger upgrades to roads, and diversify the economy of Riverview.
Residents of Niagara Rd. seem to feel differently about this proposal. Mind you the whoever asked might have just asked one person, and took it as the opinion of all Niagara Rd residents...

But it would be a good business, and possibly create a few more Jobs in Greater Moncton.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 12:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:

According to CBC, there is a groundswell of raging NIMBYism developing however.

To be fair, asphalt plants can be smelly and noisy. Are there any nearby residents that would be affected???

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Are there any nearby residents that would be affected???
Their biggest concern is the water table. Many homes are between the plant and the river.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 3:17 PM
Random Contributor

[QUOTE=Good2go;7224232]Their biggest concern is the water table. Many homes are between the plant and the river.

There are a lot more homes there than I expected. I'm wondering where else they can drop a plant that close to Moncton with a road system already in place that wouldn't have people.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2015, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good2go View Post
Their biggest concern is the water table. Many homes are between the plant and the river.

There are a lot more homes there than I expected. I'm wondering where else they can drop a plant that close to Moncton with a road system already in place that wouldn't have people.
There is, or at least was a massive amount of Empty space in The Moncton Industrial Park expansion with no homes anywhere near. There was also massive plots out by the TCH on/off of Route 128 (Berry Mills Rd.). If they are declined on Niagara Rd. I do hope this project could still be a go somewhere else close enough to Moncton.

Last edited by Scarface; Nov 6, 2015 at 12:59 AM.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2015, 12:53 AM
Moderator / Supervillain

It does seem like an out of the way location, doesn't it. Is there a quarry component to asphalt plants or are they just a location for mixing? Wouldn't this be a better fit for deep into Caledonia Industrial Park? Or somewhere near the humpyard?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2015, 10:34 AM

ashphalt plant

I'm all for develop and job growth for this region but this project will impact many people. According to the article below, there will be 18 to 25 thousand loads of asphalt per year. The biggest question I have is what route do they take? Straight down Pine Glen Rd. through town limits?

Also, prevailing winds will bring the smell of this plant into residential areas in Riverview and into St. Anselme and parts of Dieppe.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...%3Dew4n5m6fhxG

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces