HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 10:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt602 View Post
I'd say the city's concerns regarding that are still valid. If you don't get to a PRESTO agent (City of Hamilton municipal centres, GO stations and Fortinos customer service desk) your only option for loading money onto the card is a credit or debit card online AND the money won't clear for up to 24 hours and until you tap the card on a balance checker or pay a fare.

The problem I've encountered with that is if you don't even have enough money on your card for a single fare and tap it before it's loaded, you'll get thrown into underbalance and the card gets locked until you pay a fee to unlock it again.

If the money applied onto the card instantly (like basically everything else you buy online) I feel like the service would be a lot more accessible. Metrolinx also needs to install self serve machines like the ones in the GTA and TTC subway stations into major HSR terminals (MacNab, Limeridge, Eastgate, possibly the Meadowlands).
As someone who has visited other cities that have cards instead of paper tickets, this all sounds like the ole "The sky is falling"

Most people have a computer/smartphone these days. Debit cards are now also Credit Cards.
And what did they do before? They had places to see them. These machines could be placed at many other places.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Transportation & Infrastructure