HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a ETS Rapid Transit masterplan scheme?
Yes, I'd vote for more BRT/LRT 267 82.41%
No, what we have is fine. 34 10.49%
I dunno, maybe, yes, no, whatever. 23 7.10%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 6:01 PM
HVAC guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhatdan View Post
It will likely never become public record, almost all disputes are settled outside the courts.
Oh at some point it'll come out. Not through the courts necessarily, but in the form of a re-tender or access request.

It's a lot harder to hide stuff on a public works project than it is on a private project.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 6:06 PM
Made in Edmonton

Well you have to wonder since the LRT project is paid by the public essentially.

How could it not be made public information.

The drama continues.

Old Posted May 9, 2018, 6:17 PM
HVAC guru

When they go out to tender for a replacement of the signaling for the entire Capital and Metro lines you'll know it didn't go very well

It's a shame. The Thales system works, just look at Vancouver. It was just never meant for this application. And integrating proprietary software is a really tricky game that doesn't always work out so well

But I guarantee there's other issues with this whole mess that no one is privy to at this time

Old Posted May 12, 2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
May 03 2018 Well ... pretty sure we all know the most likely answer to your question. In the first instance the Owner was or is now aware of its own shortcomings in the specs and or perf specs and documents including background info in the Bid package at time of closure. Insurers and courts will as you know, place a greater burden on the Owner that prepared the Bid documents. So then it’s a matter of deciding if any issues caused or contributed to delays on Contracors part including information that may have been or should have been known and issued with Bid documents or deliberately held back. To think the COE is faultless is a stretch given their Contracting and PM performance on other large problematic projects. Secondly, there is the issue of losing Thales as a bidder on any future work and the effects on bid prices on future projects. COE may not be seen as preferred client (depending on how this plays out). Another/other signal contractors will add risk money to future bids if they hear the COE has handled this matter in a harsh manner, particularly if fault is also allocated to the COE. There are also other issues that are frustrating the outcome of this matter but the Ones I mentioned are key. Not good any way you slice it.
And this is today’s (12th May 2018) quite revealing article by Edmonton Journal on Thales take on the delays. I would love to see the contract time adjustments for those Change Orders which increased the contract price by 20%. And the year delay for 3rd Party review is interesting as the City will also own that. Thales is “sharing” some of its concerns with the media to protect its global reputation and speak over the heads of the City PM function to illuminate City Council and the public in preparing for the next steps.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...lay-is-on-them

Last edited by EdmTrekker; May 12, 2018 at 12:51 PM.

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 5:04 PM
Community Guy

New fare options connect ETS Route 747 and Leduc Transit
May 14, 2018

Starting today, transit customers have a wider range of fare payment options to access bus service between Edmonton, Leduc, Leduc County and the Edmonton International Airport.

Local post-secondary students can use their U-Pass to board the Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) Route 747 bus, which travels between Edmonton International Airport and Century Park LRT transit station. Residents of the City of Leduc and Leduc County can use their Leduc Transit monthly Commuter-Plus pass or a special Route 747 transfer issued on Leduc Transit’s new Route 10. Special transfers will also be issued by ETS for customers continuing their journey using Leduc Transit.

Starting June 1, the price for an ETS monthly Airport pass will be adjusted to $90. Customers also have the option to pay $5 cash (or two ETS adult tickets) for a one-way trip on the Route 747 bus. These fare options do not include a transfer to regular ETS bus and LRT service when travelling to and from the airport. Regular ETS transit passes and regular Leduc Transit passes are not accepted on Route 747, and regular ETS transit passes are not accepted on Leduc Transit.

These changes provide an affordable and convenient transportation alternative for residents and post-secondary students in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region. They are the result of an ongoing partnership between the City of Edmonton, the Edmonton International Airport, the City of Leduc and Leduc County to take steps towards integrating transit service within the region.

For more information:
takeETS.com
leductransit.ca

Media contact:
Tarra Kongsrude
Communications Advisor
City of Edmonton
780-496-5751

Lauren Wozny
Communications Officer
City of Leduc
780-980-7155

Lindsay Chambers
Communications Coordinator
Leduc County
587-785-7149

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 5:32 PM

So for Edmonton: 1 ETS ticket for people using the ETS LRT or Bus to Century Park Station and then 2 ETS tickets to take the ETS 747 to EIA. Total $9.75 or $7.89 is you have purchased a strip of 10 tickets which provides a good discount. I think these fares are well priced and hope we see increases in frequency of LRT and the 747.

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 7:38 PM

747 use will remain low as long as airport parking remains cheap. You can park for a week for $50! I know no other Canadian airport with such cheap parking!

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 8:00 PM
Community Guy

747 is well used generally, especially AM/PM peaks.

Old Posted May 14, 2018, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam-machiavelli View Post
747 use will remain low as long as airport parking remains cheap. You can park for a week for $50! I know no other Canadian airport with such cheap parking!
Maybe they like to keep it low for the out of towners 😀

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 8:51 PM
Community Guy

New WLRT Valley Line video... interactive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPtA...ature=youtu.be

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 7:25 PM
Community Guy

Love this move by the City. Make it more accessible and get kids introduced to using transit at a younger age.

City makes transit more family-friendly and affordable
May 22, 2018

Just in time for festival season, Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) is pleased to offer free fares for children 12 and under. The City is committed to making Edmonton more family-friendly by providing accessible and affordable transit for all families.

Effective June 1, children can ride any ETS bus or LRT free of charge if they are accompanied by a fare-paying adult. A family of four with two children will save $13 when they take a round trip.

The free fares apply to all ETS services, including shuttles to the Heritage Festival at Hawrelak Park or other events around the city.

Unaccompanied children will be required to pay the regular fare when they board ETS transit. Edmonton Public Schools and Edmonton Catholic Schools continue to offer subsidized transit passes to their students.

For more information:
edmonton.ca/ets/youth-fares.aspx

Media contact:
Tarra Kongsrude
Communications Advisor
City Operations
780-496-5751

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 9:03 PM

Sweet! I like taking my kids on transit.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton