HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2021  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 10:24 AM
KMC KMC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 473
Mall alone will come to 1.4 Million sqft . We need to find out where it stands , its certainly one of the biggest , as the other malls in south India has Hotel and office spaces to it .

[QUOTE=kunjumon123;3254501]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
LULU

Did any one went near Lulu construction site ,
Its hectic piling works going on , Construction of The BIGGEST MALL in kerala is well underway....

What a huge plot that is , this is teh first time , I got complete view of the construction site...

Cheerss ....[/QUOTE

i havent been 2 india since construction began bt my frnd in kerala said that its a beautiful spot nd construction is a bit slow bt definetely progressing- btw does ny1 hav ny idea of the size of the mall ( i mean in terms of being south india's biggest mall or somthin lyk that) ?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2022  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 11:09 AM
KMC KMC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 473
Kochi to get flyovers soon

4 Flyovers planned by NHAI ....
Edapally , Palarivattom , Kundanoor & the busiest junction in state " Vytila"

"Kochi is all set to register its name in the ‘elite club’ of cities which boast of flyovers soon."


“The construction of flyovers at Edappally, Palarivattom, Kundannoor and Vyttila have been included in the seventh phase of National Highway Development Project (NHDP).


"While Vyttila is the junction with most vehicular traffic in the state, bumper to bumper queue at Palarivattom traffic signal is a common sight."

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems...=Kochi&Topic=0
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2023  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 11:38 AM
KMC KMC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 473
Rs 3000 crore Kochi Metro rail project approved

Cheeersss!!!!!, Cabinet Approved the project

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryP...oject+approved
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2024  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 12:34 PM
kunjumon123 kunjumon123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 56
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
Rs 3000 crore Kochi Metro rail project approved

Cheeersss!!!!!, Cabinet Approved the project

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryP...oject+approved
this cud b the best infrastructure news 4 kochi in a long tym. brilliant ( bt politicians has 2 remember kochi is growing very fast nd this project must jus b a start 2 other infrastructure projects nd nt the end)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2025  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 12:36 PM
kunjumon123 kunjumon123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 56
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
Kochi to get flyovers soon

4 Flyovers planned by NHAI ....
Edapally , Palarivattom , Kundanoor & the busiest junction in state " Vytila"

"Kochi is all set to register its name in the ‘elite club’ of cities which boast of flyovers soon."


“The construction of flyovers at Edappally, Palarivattom, Kundannoor and Vyttila have been included in the seventh phase of National Highway Development Project (NHDP).


"While Vyttila is the junction with most vehicular traffic in the state, bumper to bumper queue at Palarivattom traffic signal is a common sight."

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems...=Kochi&Topic=0
this is gud news- bt wot i dont understand in the article is that y must u b an elite club 2 get flyovers, i thought it was a necessity 4 a growing city.........
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2026  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 1:06 PM
renjithram renjithram is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 3
Exclamation Cochin

Cochin is the next happening city in south India. but as far as i experienced, all the developments are the city centric. and i doubted whether the city planning ( but better than any other cities in kerala)is done according to the huge development thats gonna happen.
__________________
www.indianITforum.com
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2027  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 1:27 PM
tonapz tonapz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 47
Smile Metro Rail, a long way ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
Rs 3000 crore Kochi Metro rail project approved

Cheeersss!!!!!, Cabinet Approved the project

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryP...oject+approved
Even though the cabinet approved, the project. It will take a long time for the metro rail to come. The major reason is that before starting the metro rail project, the existing roads, on which metro rail is coming has to be widened....

You know it, widening the existing roads is not an easy task, and that alone would take 6-8months or even a longer time. But atleast we can be happy that the project is coming.................

Another biggie is the Electronics City by the Taiwanese firm. they are looking out for 2000 acres of land around cial to set up the largest Electronics city in the country. Remember Taiwan is the largest developer of semiconductors in the world. They also have the worlds' second tallest tower Taipei 101. If this project is a success then we can expect something MEGA.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2028  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 2:50 PM
kunjumon123 kunjumon123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 56
Cool

[QUOTE=tonapz;3255644]Even though the cabinet approved, the project. It will take a long time for the metro rail to come. The major reason is that before starting the metro rail project, the existing roads, on which metro rail is coming has to be widened....

You know it, widening the existing roads is not an easy task, and that alone would take 6-8months or even a longer time. But atleast we can be happy that the project is coming.................

Another biggie is the Electronics City by the Taiwanese firm. they are looking out for 2000 acres of land around cial to set up the largest Electronics city in the country. Remember Taiwan is the largest developer of semiconductors in the world. They also have the worlds' second tallest tower Taipei 101. If this project is a success then we can expect something MEGA.

:banana. Absolutely bt atleast somthin is being done nd widening the roads r also gud 4 the city. As far as I kno the Taiwan project is huge and so is very important by isn't getting 2000 acres near cial quite hard??
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2029  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 9:47 PM
kunjumon123 kunjumon123 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 56
Smile

hey guys- wots the latest updates on Sobha Hi-tech city- isnt it supposed 2 b the single highest amount invested in kerala
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2030  
Old Posted Jan 3, 2008, 5:22 AM
viperpaul22's Avatar
viperpaul22 viperpaul22 is offline
Junior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 94
Cochin Airport Aerotropolis

http://www.cochin-airport.in/content...2=20&linkid=20

Cochin Airport MRO installation

http://www.ciasl.in/


Their new website looks great..
__________________
We in aviation are overpaid, underworked and well-respected.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2031  
Old Posted Jan 3, 2008, 2:09 PM
KMC KMC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 473
I heard a news that Jomer symphony is a 5 Star Hotel....

Its not residential apartments , concept is like , People who invest in it will be getting the returns monthly by the Hotel which is going to run it ...

discussions are on with Marriott & Radisson ...
Any one , any idea on this... Bahsiddd????

If you look at the design of the building , it doesnt look like a normal apartment..

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2032  
Old Posted Jan 3, 2008, 4:51 PM
viperpaul22's Avatar
viperpaul22 viperpaul22 is offline
Junior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
I heard a news that Jomer symphony is a 5 Star Hotel....

Its not residential apartments , concept is like , People who invest in it will be getting the returns monthly by the Hotel which is going to run it ...

discussions are on with Marriott & Radisson ...
Any one , any idea on this... Bahsiddd????

If you look at the design of the building , it doesnt look like a normal apartment..

they're serviced apartments..Five Star Service Apartments....their website says it'll be run by a professional agency..
__________________
We in aviation are overpaid, underworked and well-respected.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2033  
Old Posted Jan 3, 2008, 6:38 PM
thunderboltz thunderboltz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 123
Kochi’s the new realty hotspot

Kochi poised for Quantum leap

Quote:
The queen of the Arabian Sea is now a hot destination for real estate giants. What is unique to Kochi is, the city has attracted almost every domestic property developer worth its salt, and a slew of foreign companies, mostly from the Middle East.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2672983.cms
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2034  
Old Posted Jan 3, 2008, 7:42 PM
ctjoseph ctjoseph is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperpaul22 View Post
Cochin Airport Aerotropolis

http://www.cochin-airport.in/content...2=20&linkid=20

Cochin Airport MRO installation

http://www.ciasl.in/


Their new website looks great..

Thank you for posting these links. I am glad to see a new link for cochin airport. I had written more than thrice to feedback section on the old airport site (www.cochin-airport.com) about how bad the website is and works negatively to create any impact on the most successful airport venture in India. It is high time someone had taken notice of this especially in the wake of active marketing of Bangalore and Hyderabad airports (http://www.bialairport.com/, www.newhyderabadairport.com). I am glad to see the new website and yes, looks and functions a lot better!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2035  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 10:35 AM
thunderboltz thunderboltz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctjoseph View Post
Thank you for posting these links. I am glad to see a new link for cochin airport. I had written more than thrice to feedback section on the old airport site (www.cochin-airport.com) about how bad the website is and works negatively to create any impact on the most successful airport venture in India. It is high time someone had taken notice of this especially in the wake of active marketing of Bangalore and Hyderabad airports (http://www.bialairport.com/, www.newhyderabadairport.com). I am glad to see the new website and yes, looks and functions a lot better!
Yes, it is great to see that they have a new website. Though a bit sad to see that they still lack content developers and simply copy all their content from Wikipedia. Same goes for the new InfoPark website. Wikipedia's content is free to copy, but needs to be attributed. The companies that take the contract to build these websites are to blame.

Sorry to go off-track here, but I just had to comment. I spent months fine tuning the Kochi article on wiki. It is rather frustrating when people copy your work so blatantly.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2036  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 10:40 AM
thunderboltz thunderboltz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 123
Where exactly is sahara grace coming up? There is a big hoarding put up on Sea-Port Airport road at Chittetukara. There is also some construction going on there. Is that the location?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2037  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 2:30 PM
ashwinjoseph23 ashwinjoseph23 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 33
Latest pic of L&T Tech Park, Kakkanad


Courtesy: MY FONE!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2038  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 3:51 PM
kaytees kaytees is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinjoseph23 View Post
Latest pic of L&T Tech Park, Kakkanad


Courtesy: MY FONE!!
Looks nice! Any more pictures with full view of the building?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2039  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 6:04 PM
ashwinjoseph23 ashwinjoseph23 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 33
K den! Heres another 1!!!




BET NO OTHER BUILDING IN KERALA CAN BEAT DIS DESIGN n ARCHITECTURE!!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2040  
Old Posted Jan 6, 2008, 6:50 AM
KMC KMC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 473
Another article on Hampshires 5 Star project in Kochi .

They are investing 200 Crore in Kochi project ....
No hype No small talks , fact is fact...

http://ia.rediff.com/money/2008/jan/05chatwal.htm
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.