HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Dec 6, 2012, 6:47 AM
the goggles do nothing

Bad Xmas sweaters

Yes I'm also posting this in here too because not only is this guy a underemployed keg tapper at the 'dome but he is a hopeful architectural technologist hoping to break out of out of our rock lab (this is a pun in so many ways). It is quite frankly so loud in there that you actually need at least ear plugs too and that is what he goes by in this contest.

Think about it, we all(?) value esthetics and efficiency in this forum and most of the time they play against each other and it erupts into a humungous debate... Have at least the gumption to show respect to show an individual who is willing to throw both of those out of the window and wear something like this to spite his trained beliefs.

P.S. He will be wearing this sweater to our semi-formal Christmas party

His voting page

main voting page in case my words made you even slightly consider voting for another gumptionless sweater

Old Posted Dec 6, 2012, 5:05 PM
Home of Hyperchange

I wanna say that these people are doing this ironically, and that they're in on the joke, but... no, from what I can tell they still ARE the joke.

"I'm gonna mock pointless consumerist tradition by - participating in pointless consumerist tradition!"

Yeah. Not the sharpest hipsters in the box. I suppose they feel "different" and whatnot because they're "aware" of what they're doing. They just seem to miss the humour in "every year my family does this...".

(Not poking fun at your buddy specifically)

Old Posted Dec 6, 2012, 5:40 PM
My Spoon Is Too Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
I wanna say that these people are doing this ironically, and that they're in on the joke, but... no, from what I can tell they still ARE the joke.

"I'm gonna mock pointless consumerist tradition by - participating in pointless consumerist tradition!"

Yeah. Not the sharpest hipsters in the box. I suppose they feel "different" and whatnot because they're "aware" of what they're doing. They just seem to miss the humour in "every year my family does this...".

(Not poking fun at your buddy specifically)
As Bill Maher said: (paraphrased)

"Even if you're fully aware that a rock makes a bad pet, if you still go ahead and buy a pet rock you're an idiot".

ie being in on the joke doesn't mean you're any less dumb for participating.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation